Music: Listening and Sharing

Amentep

• 2 weeks later...

Technically this belongs in the metal thread, but I'm not sure it would get the exposure it deserves there. Nanowar of Steel really outdid themselves with this video. So let us all join in making a joyful noise and praise Odin, Lord of Furniture:

;)

Edited by majestic
  • Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I always wonder how Swedes feel about Ikea.   Also wonder when the desk I built 2 weeks ago will fall apart.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

On 6/13/2020 at 5:48 PM, Orogun01 said:

vid

we hesitated to mention as we much enjoy the play for change, song around the world treatment o' the doobie brothers, but is literal the third time since page 11 o' this thread the same vid/song has been linked.

what the hell, we may be repeating self, but the drummer in the play for change song liked by orogun is the inestimable and preternaturally funky james gadson. 

any excuse for more bill withers and/or james gadson is welcomed.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

@Gromnir: To be fair, this thread started August of last year. I doubt people keep that close track of what they have posted.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Something different for y'all 😃

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Don't worry, Vikings stopped physically invading people over a thousand years ago, we only invade you with flatpack furniture and "better than thou" attitudes nowadays :p

• Haha 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

15 hours ago, Orogun01 said:

@Gromnir: To be fair, this thread started August of last year. I doubt people keep that close track of what they have posted.

to be fair, it's three times in two months the same vid were posted, not three times since august of last year. we mention 'cause while is not unusual for repeats to happen in long threads, is curious to get three so close together. three since april 19.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

On 5/30/2020 at 10:54 PM, ComradeMaster said:

You know, when I was little kid I thought this movie was silly and ridiculous but moderately entertaining but as someone approaching middle aged I'm starting to see the certain historic beauty in this one scene. 

Its a fun opening, but you lose a bit of Quincy Jones Soul Bossa Nova to the film sounds...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

speaking o' quincy jones, and am knowing is weird, but is possible our favorite kill bill moment were when we first heard the ironside sirens sound in tarantino's flick.

were just too cool.

HA! Good Fun!

ps full disclosure: we prefered mr. jones' sanford and son theme to ironside. 

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

Love Brothers of Metal!

lml

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gromnir said:

to be fair, it's three times in two months the same vid were posted, not three times since august of last year. we mention 'cause while is not unusual for repeats to happen in long threads, is curious to get three so close together. three since april 19.

HA! Good Fun!

...The YouTube algorithm is getting lazy???

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

4 hours ago, Orogun01 said:

...The YouTube algorithm is getting lazy???

on that point you get zero argument from us.

HA! Good Fun!

Taking a break from posting a long series of Rammstein in the metal thread... now for something completely different. A woman with a voice to die for.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

1 minute ago, Orogun01 said:

I'm I going crazy or did someone changed my post?

wasn't us, but any excuse for more tina weymouth bass is appreciated.

HA! Good Fun!

22 minutes ago, MedicineDan said:

Well, I don't know if I've posted this before, but I like this song.  It's upbeat and irreverent and goofy as hell.  I love it!

"She kept the hotel key" Thanks MedicineDan - that was a song I needed to hear as this next week arrives

• Thanks 1

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon: