Music: Listening and Sharing

Amentep

23 hours ago, bugarup said:

Bah, those girlies are way overdoing that "sweet and innocent" voice thing. Not sexy at all.

I was listening to the Aurora song and was thinking, "Hm, this isn't TOO bad...", then I came back to the tab and saw the video and was like "welp I'm out". If your chosen music video is horrifically cringey, creepy, and/or embarrassing, you may wish to choose a different YouTube video of it when sharing to other people, :p.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

some local folk

i know it will probably not tell you much but man, its powerful and i tell you as someone who dont like folk

The path is the dust,
and the gravel,
and the packed dirt,
and the grey smears it
draws onto the hair,
and from the star trail
it's got a jewel
bound to a rock,
and the feathers of desire
from the wings of Pēgasī.

The path is a whip,
it's evil,
like a street lady.
It's got tags in the hands,
and a tin foil at the waist,
and from its eyes the lust is shinning,
when into the unknown it throws
two fragile branches
of the blood-red gladiī.

Sergeant, the sand is white
like the arms of Danielle,
wait a moment!

My eyes have seen
that ancient
moment of abandon.
Sergeant! They will salute
and we'll be initiated.
Morituri te salutant,
morituri te salutant.

Down the road
I went,
where on the ground whirls
and the sand swirls
the wing of dove,
and for me was the march played
by the sounds of the artillery,
which provide the comfort,
and raise the feathers
which eradicate.

The path is the tar and the dust,
and the packed dirt.
A brass bee
from the Werwolf.
A rusty gun -
my chap,
and the hundred years old dirt
and the enormous
white clouds.

Sergeant,
the sand is white
like the arms of Danielle,
wait a moment!
My eyes have seen
that ancient
moment of abandon.
Sergeant! They will salute
and we'll be initiated.
Morituri te salutant,
morituri te salutant.

https://lyricstranslate.com

Edited by Chilloutman

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

On 4/2/2020 at 6:41 AM, Enoch said:

vid

somehow missed an enoch blues submission. first steps on his personal road to damascus?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

On 5/1/2020 at 8:12 AM, majestic said:

Edit:

Well to counter the happiness overload, have some more German Dark Wave:

How old is this song exactly? I could've sworn I used to listen to it before leaving Europe almost two decades ago 🤔

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

37 minutes ago, Gorth said:

How old is this song exactly? I could've sworn I used to listen to it before leaving Europe almost two decades ago 🤔

Early '98. So yeah, very much two decades ago. :)

• Thanks 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Can't be Australian, really, not enough swearing.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

On 5/17/2020 at 11:28 AM, Skazz said:

Gentlemen, behold! My aural depression button!

Karin has such recognizable voice, I didn't know this band but my brain just went "The Knife"

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Snow spent a good 5 minutes coming up with the lyrics.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

8 hours ago, ComradeMaster said:

This is sexy as Hell to me.  When I was a late teen I dated a woman who was prime pop age during the 80's and she looked nearly identical to the woman displayed in the picture so it shows that I'm kind of a sucker historical romance.

In other words you whacked off to cartoons? xD

7 hours ago, majestic said:

In other words you whacked off to cartoons? xD

Hey now, there's good hentai out there.   I heard.

• Haha 1

belated submission to the earlier best anti-war songs... can't believe we forgot to include.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

7 hours ago, Malcador said:

Hey now, there's good hentai out there.   I heard.

You should really look at Sexy Losers strip #016. Can't link (very much NSFW), rules and all, but way back when it first came out it had me snorting coke out of my nose. :p