Music: Listening and Sharing

Amentep

Browsing through my MP3 collection. Heh. Trips down memory lane, the bane of my sleep since... well since I've been old enough to travel memory lane.

• Like 4

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

How do you turn an already good pop song into a betterer version? Why indeed, just make a Eurodance cover:

Warning, Video might be NSFW in Utah. :p

• Like 1

Everything is better with Eurodance magic added, exhibit B:

;)

Edit:

Well to counter the happiness overload, have some more German Dark Wave:

Edited by majestic
  • Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Ah best line I've heard this month - "I can't change laws son that's a government issue - but i'll break laws with a gun that's a government issue"

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Oh man, Tony Allen has died.  Easily on the list of greatest and most influential drummers in history, and, depending on who you ask, may well be at the very top.

• Sad 2

On 5/1/2020 at 12:05 AM, Enoch said:

Oh man, Tony Allen has died.  Easily on the list of greatest and most influential drummers in history, and, depending on who you ask, may well be at the very top.

A superb player, and a backbone to the Africa 70. His solo stuff is also quite good.

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

There's probably a whole generation being conceived right now, this one goes out to all the Corona babies

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Sigh.  Second time in a week that I'm here posting an R.I.P. to a legend.  Florian Schneider

Autobahn was one of the albums that my dad used to sometimes play for my sister and I at very high volumes, with the lights all off in the house.  Well, Side A, anyway-- Side B drove the dog nuts.  My kids don't quite have the attention span for that yet (they're now 4 and 6), but I think I've posted here before about the year-long stretch during which the eldest nearly always asked to hear "Wobots!" when we were in the car. 

Anyhow, here's one of my favorites of Kraftwerk's less-celebrated tracks.  Just a lovely way to end an album.

P.S., for the Very Online among us, this is some of dasharez0ne's best work.

Edited by Enoch
  • Sad 3

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I have a feeling most of you strongly dislike stuff like this, but I'm unashamedly in love with this new song by Aurora. Very different from her other stuff, which isn't nearly as "traditional" as this, but it worked for me.

3 hours ago, Maedhros said:

I have a feeling most of you strongly dislike stuff like this, but I'm unashamedly in love with this new song by Aurora. Very different from her other stuff, which isn't nearly as "traditional" as this, but it worked for me.

Strongly dislike is too much, but it's not something I would listen to. Like Lunascape: