Music: Listening and Sharing

Amentep

I thought the greatest game sound track of all time was Bubble Bobble??? No, not going to post a video here 😝

Must be a German thing.... rock band performs with 1002 musicians

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

what am I doing with my life lmao

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

For all the "Frozen" fans out there.... 'Enter Snowman' 🤟

Not because it's particularly good, but good enough for a chuckle

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

More Rammstein. Mein Teil (My part/My bit) based on a real event https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armin_Meiwes

Live in Russia

Rock am Ring

• Like 1

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Nightly Met Opera Streams

tonight is a good offering, even if you ain't russian.

this coming week will be all wagner. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

When I think of anti-war songs I usually think of Bob Dylan. Well, this might be the most effective one I've ever heard.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

fact it is so complete misunderstood by so many makes it our favorite. song 'bout vietnam veterans screwed over by their government becomes a patriotic anthem? 

other notables

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Do you remember Reagan's faux pas about Born in the USA? He was a one of the "so many" that misunderstood the story that song tells.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

What I find hilarious is the the draft dodgers during the Vietnam era turned out to be the biggest Chicken Hawks when they grew older (As in, they support military action here and there but could never bother to serve).  Just look at our current POTUS.  Yet every Vietnam veteran I've actually run into is the coolest and most down to Earth person I've ever met.  They know what war is, and wouldn't wish it on anybody.

Since I posted that DJ Bobo song in the political thread YT has been gracing me with such awesome recommendations.

So, what's possibly better than any given single Eurodance trash artist?

Indeed! Many of them together!

So did you get the MESSAGE OF LOVE? ;)

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

51 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

Do you remember Reagan's faux pas about Born in the USA? He was a one of the "so many" that misunderstood the story that song tells.

may have been a mistake, but am thinking use in the reagan campaign is a big reason why the song is used so wrong by so many.

is a whole bunch o' protest songs we enjoy and is discouraging to reflect and realize how relevant so many is today no less than when penned.

farm aid song from 80s. keep in mind we grew up on a small ranch, so the 80s farmer sufferings hit us where we lived.

and a couple more from earlier decades. am not a beatles fan, but the blackbird song is an exception. the nina simone version o a billy taylor song were used in a super bowl commercial a few years past- one o' the top highlights o' the game for us.

all is as timely in 2020 as they were in 80s or even 60s.

HA! Good Fun!

HA! Good Fun!