Music: Listening and Sharing

Amentep

If just for the hardmode piano.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Oldies but goodies. They just don't make Ozzy Osbourne songs like they used to anymore... 😢

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Theme song from a Danish animated movie: Ronal the Barbarian. Not a movie for chilcdren!

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Classic Sepultura at their prog-iest. This was from the 2nd of their 2 album peak (IMHO) of Beneath the Remains and Arise. Igor's drumming on this track is *chef kiss*.

I go back and forth between those 2 albums as to which is my absolute favorite. It depends on my mood. If I'm more in the mood for raw, pure, unadulterated, military-grade thrash, I'll favor Beneath the Remains. If I'm more in the mood for something slightly more polished and prog-y, I'll favor Arise

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Really digging this old school punk style. Hope the new album will be better than the last one... didn't liked it at all except for 2 or so songs. Too many collaborations ruined it for me.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Over the years, Gorillaz has been very hit & miss for me. I really do appreciate the fusion of so many different styles that they go for, though. Clint Eastwood is still my favorite song of theirs.

Since I mentioned Beneath the Remains in my earlier post, I thought I should post something from that album so that I may share some of that pure, unadulterated thrash here:

The ol' Brazilian boys do get a bit prog-y on this track (and several others on this album), but not nearly as much as on Arise. The raw aggression is nearly off the charts, though.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Yeah, I love the first 2 releases, and a few songs here and there from everything that followed... but generally it really wasn't my thing. Hope this new album will change me again, but I'm still cautious.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

LHS' stuff is better but this was pretty catchy.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

^lmao

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

9 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

^lmao

Hey, it's good stuff!

Found this one, too short though

• Like 1

Personal favourite is the C64 Comic Bakery loading music (yes, playing music while waiting for cassette based games to load into your computer was a thing in the 80's). Instant Remedy Remix:

• Like 1

Meh... now I suddenly miss the 80's... again... 😢

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

^lmao

Hardbass and kvass FTW

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

An ode to... concrete! ☺️

^ No. The secret greatest OST of all time is Legend of Mana.

This game deserved all the accolades ever, and yet never really gained love or recognition. Shame on you, gaming world!

Edited by Skazz