Music: Listening and Sharing

Amentep

I need a pick me up today. Time to go with a tried and tested jam that never fails to put a smile on my face:

Bonus points to Dschinghis Khan for doing a proto-Stanky Leg decades early. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Another 80's flashback.

This was fun too (ffwd to about 1:20 for actual song/singing)

Never paid much attention to Sean Lennon but I liked this video I found.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

How different a song can be when done as a cover version... since Rammstein covers seems to be popular ;)

Edit:

Went and saw Halestorm live here in Melbourne last week. Very poor sound recording on this guys phone (which I assume it is), but couldn't find any high quality recordings form the specific concert :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Gonna go ahead and re-post some of the stuff I've been listening to lately from a different forum...

a0934378038_10.jpg
The Body + Full of Hell - Ascending a Mountain of Heavy Light

Like the best albums of its ilk, it's all about how creative and colourful the noise and aggression is, and it's mighty so. Nicking this comparison from a RYM review, it feels like a noise punk Roberto Matta. Good stuff.

Edited by algroth

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

a2968677991_10.jpg
Giant Claw - Soft Channel

Really liking this. It's combining some of the dada playfulness of death's dynamic shroud and other more absurdist plunderphonics/vapourwave acts, and the more transcendent/quasi-spiritual IDM of Holly Herndon's Platform to create a record that's quite creative and rather cathartic too.

Edited by algroth

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden