Politics: The Undiscovered Country

Amentep

4 minutes ago, Skarpen said:

Please show me where I did that? Your reading comprehension is very poor man.

It kind of sounds like it here:

1 hour ago, Skarpen said:

So charging ppl who don't believe in hoaxes? Nice. Isn't it enough that climate propaganda destroys kids psyche? Didn't climate psychos done enough damage?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/eco-anxiety-climate-change-parent-fear-discussion-children-global-warming-depression-effects-1459731%3famp=1

While it seems to be implied, you don't explictly say that you believe it's a hoax.

6 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

No thanks. Maybe you are just lousy at expressing yourself.

I expressed myself very clearly, I pointed out the hypocrisy of climate change celebrities. There wasn't an ounce of blame in my sentence for their carbon print. I hope you read your students papers with more focus.

1 minute ago, smjjames said:

While it seems to be implied, you don't explictly say that you believe it's a hoax.

What I find interesting is that all you guys quickly rushed to use "it" instead of actual thing I was talking about. So let's play a game what is the "it" you refer to?

166215__front.jpg

US sending air defenses to KSA.  Did get a bit of a laugh out of the DOD official saying they'd also ramp up arms sales to KSA, just for the naked racket esque way it sort of comes across.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

They're also sending some troops I think, didn't catch the numbers though. Either way, it's something that sends a message and isn't as likely to set off a chain of miscalculations, but the risks of it happening are still high and it does increase the chances of US forces getting caught in the crossfire should Iran (or the Houthis or whoever) try again.

Troops to Saudi Arabia? And here we go again.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

3 hours ago, Skarpen said:

Including murder. Dems are evil nazis.

I'm not sure you're following the exchange here. HoonDing's possibly paraphrasing some FOX talking head or something -- however your remark seems to imply that murder is acceptable when it comes to keeping Democrats from power.

Surely you don't mean that.

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

HoonDing's probably thinking "a job well done" there.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

12 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

HoonDing's probably thinking "a job well done" there.

am thinking most o' the time hoonding believes he is tweeting instead o' posting. goal appears to be to get as much reaction with as economical use o' characters possible.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Just now, Gromnir said:

am thinking most o' the time hoonding believes he is tweeting instead o' posting. goal appears to be to get as much reaction with as economical use o' characters possible.

HA! Good Fun!

isn't that most people behave online these days?

hard to keep up with their manic energy

3 hours ago, 213374U said:

I'm not sure you're following the exchange here. HoonDing's possibly paraphrasing some FOX talking head or something -- however your remark seems to imply that murder is acceptable when it comes to keeping Democrats from power.

Surely you don't mean that.

3 hours ago, smjjames said:

Or it could be Skarpen playing along with Hoonding being an edgelord. 

This.

166215__front.jpg

Wow. Is sarcasm undetectable of just undervalued? HoonDing (BTW I finally found out where that name came from!) was just being sarcastic. Sharpie too (I hope). 

Thomas Sowell

So this President called a foreign government and offered something of value in exchange for their intelligence services helping him defeat a rival. The last one thought it was perfectly fine to use drones to kill Americans. The one before didn't know where the power to declare war came from. God I miss the days when they were just f-----g their interns. 

And just think... one of the fools running right now will be the 46th President to this s--t is only going to get worse!

Constitution_burning-1.jpg

Won't be needing that anymore!

Thomas Sowell

1 hour ago, Hurlshot said:

We've also got a pretty silly State versus Federal government war going on, GD. 👍

and 'cause is already forgotten, this President recent tried to gaslight the nation with a freaking sharpie pen. additional, had the administration try and muzzle the scientists who embarrassed him by trying to speak truth by having head o' noaa issue a directive demanding that any and all should avoid contradicting the Presidential lies.

got less than one full week o' attention. 

what the hell is happening?

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

3 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

Wow. Is sarcasm undetectable of just undervalued? HoonDing (BTW I finally found out where that name came from!) was just being sarcastic. Sharpie too (I hope). 

As per the Oxford English Dictionary, sarcasm is "the use of irony to mock or convey contempt." If Skarpen was being sarcastic, that would imply he's playing along HoonDing's sarcastic paraphrasing of far right talking points, and thus, actually mocking the people who unironically use words like "demonrats" and refer to them as evil nazis and such.

In light of Skarpen's previously stated opinions, I find that highly unlikely, which is why I asked him to clarify.

In any case, I think we can all agree this isn't the place for endorsements of violence towards political opponents, jokingly or otherwise.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

1 hour ago, 213374U said:

In any case, I think we can all agree this isn't the place for endorsements of violence towards political opponents, jokingly or otherwise.

Don't know about that even. A few pages ago we established that is is a good thing when rich people and people who don't believe in man made climate change die. That's why I asked, only half jokingly; If it's good that they are dead wouldn't be really good to just kill them? After all, we can't have people thinking wrong thoughts, believing things untrue, and (most unforgivably) trying to convince others to join them in thoughtcrime. 

Thomas Sowell

This is the Political thread, not an episode of Scooby Doo. Let's forego attempts to prove the Ghost of Elias Kingston is really Stuart Weatherby.  Or for that matter psychoanalysing other posters.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

3 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

Don't know about that even. A few pages ago we established that is is a good thing when rich people and people who don't believe in man made climate change die. That's why I asked, only half jokingly; If it's good that they are dead wouldn't be really good to just kill them? After all, we can't have people thinking wrong thoughts, believing things untrue, and (most unforgivably) trying to convince others to join them in thoughtcrime. 

Nah. There's a substantial difference between celebrating someone's death -distasteful as it may be- and endorsing violence against them. Simply because I'm glad that someone can no longer actively do any harm (because they are dead) does not mean I want them murdered. Of course, it would be best if they simply changed their views while alive, but that's kind of a useless thought because, well...

tenor.gif

• Like 1