My first thought is that those are rel. late game items (from lvl 15 on of you're rather good at this game). It's hard to plan a whole build around lateish game stuff. Eh I mean not hard to theorycraft it but to actually play it: you will play with suboptimal gear for a very long time and then, when you get it, there's maybe not that much of the game left.

Second thought: With the other two DLCs following it maybe ok though. 

The gear is based on afflictions: applying and receiving them. So your first ideas should go into that direction. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Berserker/beckoner, mountain dwarf.

Rymrgand eq profits when you're afflicted and with bers Frenzy you are all the time. Carnage kills your summoned skeletons which triggers blood thirst. If you score crit, frostfall upgrade launch aoe, killing more skeletons for more blood thirst. It's just untested idea

It totally works - but Berserker/Beckoner is always reserved for Grave Calling (Chilling Grave) for me. :)

Arcane Knight also sounds right. Pale Elf. Resistance against PER afflicitions. Stepping into your own Chillfogs and only getting disoriented while the others are blind. Profiting from the affliction.

Or maybe even Streetfighter/Wizard (Pale Elf). Same principle, but way more offensive and you'll get -50% recovery time to counter the disorient debuff while all others are really slow with the blind. Also Riposte might work really nice in combo with Wintertide Bulwark's "Frostbitten Palisades". Wizards self buffs let you have high deflection. Beware Arcane Dampener though.

Edited by Boeroer

Yes, grave calling is much better. It also fits the theme of "iceberg warrior"

Rymrgand eq works, unfortunately, only while afflicted not with any negative effect. Profits are not gamebreaking (20% graze-to-miss, +5 defences, +2 mig/con/dex and 1hp/6sec) so it would be more flexible and easy to achive.

You should add also Frostfur Mantle to the mix.

I would pick berserker too (chillfog is unreliable ), but combined with forbidden fist.  Pale elf's frost resistance will negate nicely the frost penalty of the armor and fits well with the theme of the build.

Tactician can also reliably trigger the affliction buffs. If you pick up RES affliction resistance in the Fighter passives, you will only be confused when you are flanked, which feels like the better option for a tanky build like this. I'm finishing a run with a Tactician/Beckoner, and there is tons of game time with the armor if you go to BoW at 15.  Slap on a Morning Star or Club/Shield. 

12 minutes ago, Powerotti said:

Dwarf is for negate adrenaline rush weaken. With barb ability it should reduce con afflictions by 2 tiers

Affliction resistance doesn't stack, as far as I understand. 

They don't stack. It's either nothing, Resistance or Immunity. Nothing in between like 2 tiers of Resistance or something like that.

@Kaylon: what is the reason behind Berserker/Forbidden Fist? You won't profit from the Berserker's self damage as Forbidden Fist (as you would if you took vanilla, Helwalker or Nalpasca Monk) - and the cumulated self damage if you use Berserker Frenzy and Forbidden Fist Curse at the same time might kill you very quickly at higher Power Levels...? I think you can't shorten Berserker's self damage with high RES and Strand of Favor etc., can you?

Would Alacrity's self damage also count as "afflicted" for the gear? 

Steel Garrote/Forbidden Fist is quite nice by the way: enfeeble target, then use Garrote for a longer paralyze (* INT bonus * 1.5 duration) and leech the life from that helpless dude with some attacks. Don't know if Forbidden Curse alone would trigger the gear in this case.   

Edited by Boeroer

23 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

They don't stack. It's either nothing, Resistance or Immunity. Nothing in between like 2 tiers of Resistance or something like that.

@Kaylon: what is the reason behind Berserker/Forbidden Fist? You won't profit from the Berserker's self damage as Forbidden Fist (as you would if you took vanilla, Helwalker or Nalpasca Monk) - and the cumulated self damage if you use Berserker Frenzy and Forbidden Fist Curse at the same time might kill you very quickly at higher Power Levels...? I think you can't shorten Berserker's self damage with high RES and Strand of Favor etc., can you?

Would Alacrity's self damage also count as "afflicted" for the gear? 

Steel Garrote/Forbidden Fist is quite nice by the way: enfeeble target, then use Garrote for a longer paralyze (* INT bonus * 1.5 duration) and leech the life from that helpless dude with some attacks. Don't know if Forbidden Curse alone would trigger the gear in this case.   

No, it wouldn't. I was testing it on my hand of doom build some time ago. Only stat afflictions like confused and weakened works. Forbidden curse, alacrity, hyleas talons etc. don't. Maybe it's worth a little improvement with community patch?

Yes, a simple/nalpazca monk would work better because you benefit more from the self damage. The forbidden fist benefits from the helm and is healed when hostile effects expire, but in the end can have more downsides overall.

PS. Not sure if a forbidden fist monk can get heals/wounds fast from chillfog.

No, that's not feasible. The blind (or disorient after resistance) effect from Chillfog has quite the long duration. 

What works quite well for Forbidden Fist is Pull of Eora (but that's not an affliction in the sense of the gear either) because it's very short but pulsing and stuff like Tanglefoot.

And I just remember a build that somebody did: that a Berserker/Forbidden Fist can make great use of the boots "Footsteps of the Beast" (which also fit the theme very well of course). Your Berserker confusion will make sure that the hobbling effect of the boots will also afflict yourself (normally it's foe only). It's a very short lasting effect but it's basically endless instances as long as you move (and it's non-damaging). You can get wounds and healig all the time.

Actually that might be the best approach: you will have afflictions all the time (good for the gear) but at the same time the individual effects expire very quickly (great for Forbidden Fist).

So I'll settle for Berserker/Forbidden Fist as well! :) Of course it will only really come together with the gear. Before that you'll have to be very careful with the self damage. :)