Hey!

I found a way to make Fire Stag somewhat useful:

• Fire Stag has an unlimited use of self-destruct which does good burn/pierce damage in a fixed (friendly fire) AoE.
  • Unfortunately it kills itself with the self-destruct (obviously). So the limitless uses are of little... use. ;)
  • But if you cast Lay on Hands (Shieldbearer) or Barring Death's Door (Priest) on the Stag it will not get killed in the process, allowing it to repeat the self-destruction over and over again as long as the barring effect lasts. This can be prolonged with Salvation of Time.
  • All those spells can be cast on the Stag because it's a "steerable" summon which is not on autopilot and thus counts as "ally". 
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Sounds like a suicide Stag that doesn't want to die. Reminds me of Kenny from Southpark, lol.

Last time I played multiclassed priest with anything that could summon, I noticed that it does not matter if you extend the  summon duration. They will still disappear after some time, that's what I have experienced. My initial idea was, when Mega Bosses were released, to create immortal summons fighting for you.

Unfortunatelly didn't work out. Or did they change something about that ? Last time I played around with summons is probably couple of months ago.

1 minute ago, Tenray said:

Last time I played multiclassed priest with anything that could summon, I noticed that it does not matter if you extend the  summon duration. They will still disappear after some time, that's what I have experienced. My initial idea was, when Mega Bosses were released, to create immortal summons fighting for you.

Yeah. Tried that first too.

4 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Hey!

I found a way to make Fire Stag somewhat useful:

• Fire Stag has an unlimited use of self-destruct which does good burn/pierce damage in a fixed (friendly fire) AoE.
  • Unfortunately it kills itself with the self-destruct (obviously). So the limitless uses are of little... use. ;)
  • But if you cast Lay on Hands (Shieldbearer) or Barring Death's Door (Priest) on the Stag it will not get killed in the process, allowing it to repeat the self-destruction over and over again as long as the barring effect lasts. This can be prolonged with Salvation of Time.
  • All those spells can be cast on the Stag because it's a "steerable" summon which is not on autopilot and thus counts as "ally". 

It'd be even funnier if they didn't bother putting a recovery time on the self-destruct power, given that it's not meant to be recovered from.

• Haha 1

Summon duration can't be prolonged with anything else but INT and Power Level. Fire Stag lasts not terribly long (has a very high staring PL so no big PL bonus to duration) - but longer than Barring Death's Door + 2 times Salvation of Time. So in this case it's fine. You can speed up the Stag with a DEX Inspiration. That way you can get 1 (maybe 2) more explosions out of it. 

Still not gamebreaking, but fun somehow. You can simply shift+click on the ability and the stag will try to explode as often as it can without you babysitting.

You might be able to use this tactic to bomb some encounters from a safe distance that are otherwise a bit risky. Nop idea - I just found out accidentially today and thought it's fun enough to share.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods