So the ones we know are:
Eothas: Benevolent, Honest = Good. Cruel, Deceptive = Bad

Magran: Aggressive, Clever = Good. Diplomatic, Passionate, Bad.

Wael: Deceptive, Clever = Good. Rational, Honest = Bad

Berath: Stoic, Rational = Good. Passionate, Cruel = Bad

Skaen: Cruel, Deceptive = Good. Aggressive, Benevolent = Bad.

Woedica: Cruel, Rational = Good. Diplomaric, Benevolent = Bad.

From gamefiles apparently:

Rymrgand: Honest, Rational = Good. Diplomatic, Benevolent = Bad

Gaun, same as Berath. Interesting if you count that as a separate entity.

So that leaves the rest. I mean, my thought are:

Ondra: + Benevolent + Deceptive. - Cruel - Honest. She's a trickster goddess, and her Giftbearers do genuinely seem to want to help people get over their loss. The ones that aren't robbers anyway.

Abydon: + Stoic + Honest. - Clever - Deceptive. Honest Labor and no imagination. Maybe a different disposition before becoming the Golem.

Hylea: +Benevolent +Passionate. -Cruel - Stoic 'Live every note of life's song'.

Galawain: + Clever +Passionate. -Cruel -Benevolent. Clever is a given, it's one of his titles. Cruelty and benevolence seem outside of his 'survival of the fittest'-ethic. I'm on the fence about passionate, but it seems in line with the whole 'the hunt' being great. Mind, I haven't played Seeker, Slayer, Survivor yet so who knows if that will change anything.

no way ondra is benevolent, she keeps lies if it benefits her and she literally committed a crime against humanity. i'd say she's more calculating and serious: +[rational, shady], -[honest, clever]. i mean, when in any dialogue with her does she crack a joke or enjoy one of yours?

as for galawain, not being actively benevolent is not the same thing as hating benevolence. the guy thinks survival of the fittest is the best way to improve everyone, and in poe1 he's part of the faction that wants you to give the souls to the benefit of the kith (also an option in SSS). he's also not cruel, in the sense that nature isn't cruel, it's just uncaring. i'd also say he's not that clever or fun-loving. i'd say +[aggressive, passionate] and -[diplomatic, stoic]

8 minutes ago, thelee said:

no way ondra is benevolent, she keeps lies if it benefits her and she literally committed a crime against humanity. i'd say she's more calculating and serious: +[rational, shady], -[honest, clever]. i mean, when in any dialogue with her does she crack a joke or enjoy one of yours?

as for galawain, not being actively benevolent is not the same thing as hating benevolence. the guy thinks survival of the fittest is the best way to improve everyone, and in poe1 he's part of the faction that wants you to give the souls to the benefit of the kith (also an option in SSS). he's also not cruel, in the sense that nature isn't cruel, it's just uncaring. i'd also say he's not that clever or fun-loving. i'd say +[aggressive, passionate] and -[diplomatic, stoic]

Fair points, but in regards to Ondra (and all of them) I'm more interested in what she expects from her priests as opposed to her own alignment. All of the gods are kinda jackasses in different ways. I mean, Eothas acts out of his own sense of right and wrong but his path through the Deadfire can easily be seen as a crime against humanity. And he kept quiet about the secret of the gods for a very long time.

I do kinda wish the devs had defined more clearly what they meant with every disposition. Clever isn't just being a sarcastic jokester, there's also instances where it seems to involve cunning and making sure you get rewarded for your services (recognizing a suolenet, plenty of VLC-remarks). Shrewd vs Rational, if you will.

50 minutes ago, Syurtpiutha said:

Fair points, but in regards to Ondra (and all of them) I'm more interested in what she expects from her priests as opposed to her own alignment.

that's a fair observation. i think in that sense giftbearers are probably the best representation of her "church" per se, which does seem to be a bit more [shady, benevolent]+ which is an odd combination.

it does raise the issue of what happens when there are multiple churches/aspects/observations, though... you'd think gaun should have different dispositions that eothas because of that. (though in terms of in-game mechanics, xoti doesn't have any dispositions.)

9 hours ago, thelee said:

that's a fair observation. i think in that sense giftbearers are probably the best representation of her "church" per se, which does seem to be a bit more [shady, benevolent]+ which is an odd combination.

it does raise the issue of what happens when there are multiple churches/aspects/observations, though... you'd think gaun should have different dispositions that eothas because of that. (though in terms of in-game mechanics, xoti doesn't have any dispositions.)

According to this thread Gaun had the same dispositions as a priest of Berath (post by Kilay):

Don't know what that was based on (spiritual weapon, maybe?) and how legit it is or if it's based on a mod. But yeah, different aspects of the gods muddy the water a bit.

I find it a bit sad that the priest class generally is decided into "bland" (bland from a lore point of view) subclasses that are dedicated to a whole god - while the gods have so many different aspects. Look at Ondra<-->Ngati.

Another class concept would have been to introduce different priestly "persuasions", like orders or churches. Which may interpret one god's aspects differently even if they worship the same god in the end. Like it is with Xoti (Gaun). Like Catholics and Protestants pray to the same god, but have different "official" lithurgies, beliefs and also different dispositions (if you'd press them into a Pillars mechanic). 

The motivations, beliefs and disposition of a priest of Gaun might be different from that of a Ardyrian priest of Eothas and a Vaillian priest of Eothas (insert unique curch names).

I think this was a missed opportunity for more "in-depth" lore and worldbuilding. Now every Priest of a certain God has to follow that exact same principles/dispositions. While with Paladins and Monks you can always add new interesting orders and cults.

You can do that with Priests as well, but now it might feel a bit grafted (if you can say that). Like Xoti feels a bit out of place since her class doesn't fit the "order" of normal Priest classes.

Imagine a church of Galawain that focuses on the "pursuit" aspect of Galawain called "Seekers". Stuff like that. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

15 hours ago, Syurtpiutha said:

I do kinda wish the devs had defined more clearly what they meant with every disposition. Clever isn't just being a sarcastic jokester, there's also instances where it seems to involve cunning and making sure you get rewarded for your services (recognizing a suolenet, plenty of VLC-remarks). Shrewd vs Rational, if you will.

When it comes to these dispositions, "clever" is probably the most ambiguous from a purely linguistic and cultural point of view. Thus, it is a slightly unfortunate one-word description. After all, one of the dictionary definitions of clever is "intelligent", which is a world away from your "sarcastic jokester", another perfectly valid meaning. All the others are either completely straightforward or, at the very least, straightforward enough.

Of course, one could argue that making "clever" one of the dispositions was a clever move...

Edited by xzar_monty

1 hour ago, xzar_monty said:

When it comes to these disposition, "clever" is probably the most ambiguous from a purely linguistic and cultural point of view. Thus, it is a slightly unfortunate one-word description. After all, one of the dictionary definitions of clever is "intelligent", which is a world away from your "sarcastic jokester", another perfectly valid meaning. All the others are either completely straightforward or, at the very least, straightforward enough.

Of course, one could argue that making "clever" one of the dispositions was a clever move...

Fair, clever is the most ambiguous one. I saw it in contrast to rational, basically the difference between logic (rational) and rethoric (clever): Whether you actually want the other to understand or are just trying to score points in an argument. But this may very well be me reading too much into it.

10 hours ago, Syurtpiutha said:

According to this thread Gaun had the same dispositions as a priest of Berath (post by Kilay):

Don't know what that was based on (spiritual weapon, maybe?) and how legit it is or if it's based on a mod. But yeah, different aspects of the gods muddy the water a bit.

i think it was kilay just messing around, because they were also trying to add dispositions to pallegina's paladin class. either way, xoti's disposition at last check is not actively checked by the game, so I don't think we can take any gaun dispositions (if they do exist) as canon.

2 hours ago, thelee said:

i think it was kilay just messing around, because they were also trying to add dispositions to pallegina's paladin class. either way, xoti's disposition at last check is not actively checked by the game, so I don't think we can take any gaun dispositions (if they do exist) as canon.

Thanks for the clarification. I also found it interesting (I'm currently playing a Berath Priest) that a Berath priest has the option to subvert the blessing the dawnstars give you in Port Maje (where you get your arm burned). when repeating Waenglith's prayer, as a Berath priest I had the option to go on a rant about how death transforms and only Gaun remains (Waenglith wasn't happy).

I've also come across 2 instances where a dialogue option I had because of being a Berath cleric was marked as Passionate, as disposition Berath does not approve of. WHich I thought was interesting at least.

20 hours ago, Syurtpiutha said:

I've also come across 2 instances where a dialogue option I had because of being a Berath cleric was marked as Passionate, as disposition Berath does not approve of. WHich I thought was interesting at least.

as a perpetual waelite, I found that extremely annoying in PoE1 - some wael-only options were marked as "honest". Sometimes I think the writers just forgot what they were doing.