Motare O Kozi, Agressive Disposition No Work Around, playing a Shieldbearer.

Hey guys no big deal...but I thought this was odd.  I get to the island and try to diplomatically deal with the islanders to no avail (even with high diplomacy) I left...but came back and my only option is to aggressively fight them? I didnt have the intimidation points and the main char isnt a druid...so my Shieldbearer gets an agreesive point!  No big deal its only a .4 loss in defenses as my favored dispositions are high..just thought it was weird not to give me an out...but I guess it did.  You can leave once but if you come back your only out is to fight them giving you an aggressive point.  The crap part is that is the ONLY time I have chosen an aggressive option (no choice) and I get the point!  It took like 3 Diplomatic choices to get rank 1 in my preferred..but I guess some disposition choices have more weight than others like in the first game.

Have gun will travel.

There are ways to convince them to join your cause. But you have to do something first (can't exactly recall what, but it has to do with Aloth's quest iirc). Because when I did this quest for the first time I accidentally stumbled upon that option. The ranga then sends you to another quest (attack the slavers on Crookspur) and afterwards the tribe's cooperating.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

If you are referencing the scripted interaction after you land on Motare o Kozi, I remember a few ways you can get around fighting them.  The warriors will leave you alone if you have a high reputation with the Huana, or you can get them to leave peacefully if you already did the quest for the chieftain on Ori o Koiki as Boeroer mentioned above.  I also recall that having Tekehu in the group helps, but I am not certain about that.  

I nearly always play mass shieldbearers and I don't recall that I couldn't solve this without going aggressive, but it may be playstyle differences that cause me to always be able to pass with skill/rep checks. Usually, if I want to kill someone (like Cotta) but picking a fight through dialogue results in aggressive disposition, I just manually attack them without talking first.

Which, obviously, is not aggressive behavior.

Roll-Safe-1485964928-compressed.jpg

• Haha 1

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

6 hours ago, omgFIREBALLS said:

I nearly always play mass shieldbearers and I don't recall that I couldn't solve this without going aggressive, but it may be playstyle differences that cause me to always be able to pass with skill/rep checks. Usually, if I want to kill someone (like Cotta) but picking a fight through dialogue results in aggressive disposition, I just manually attack them without talking first.

Which, obviously, is not aggressive behavior.

Roll-Safe-1485964928-compressed.jpg

Agreed, well I guess this char isn’t the perfect Shieldbearer :/.  I was a US Marine and while I had the right “dispositions” with what the Marines were looking for, did my duty and fought well l, I wasn’t perfect.  Same goes with this char lol 

Have gun will travel.