Guns vs. Video Games: Which One Would You Ban?

ktchong

Let say if getting rid of EITHER guns OR video game would magically eliminate mass shootings in America, which one would you choose to get rid of?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. If we can solve the mass shooting problem in America by banning/getting rid of EITHER guns OR video games, which would you choose?

• Ban/Get Rid of Guns
    • Ban/Get Rid of Video Games

neither solve the problem so what is the point?

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I'd ban 4chan.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

10 minutes ago, Chilloutman said:

neither solve the problem so what is the point?

Well, they did say "magically." That said, if that's the case, you could just pick anything for poll choices so it is rather pointless as a poll.

But if I were to vote, I'd personally pick guns, because while I  do believe in the right to have general items of self-defense (whether a gun, a bludgeon, a big knife/sword, etc), owning a gun would personally offer me zero entertainment or emotional attachment value and there are other weapons for self-defense, even if they aren't as "easy" to utilize. In this magical what-if scenario, I'd also pick books, the internet, recliner chairs, pencils, and pizza over guns.   Just me tho. *shrug*

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Regardless of the law, nobody can really "stop" you from playing video games, so my answer was that. It'd cause a horrible, horrible development crash in the U.S. due to the difficulty of buying them (everyone needs to get a VPN to keep buying them digitally, I guess? This would also have the benefit of encouraging more singleplayer games since all our connections would be unbearably bad in multiplayer, :p), so that kind of sucks, but whatever.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Here's a different idea: Let's ban guns IN video games! After all, no one ever went nuts and shot anyone of after spending a few hours and quarters with these two:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Since when did we take ktchong seriously? I missed that memo!

:lol:

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Lets ban any anti-Western sentiment and we immediately deport anyone who is not a patriot....problem solved :ban: :ban:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

17 hours ago, Volourn said:

Not playing this game. Neitehr guns or games choose to  kill people. PERIOD.

let's ban people and this solves this problem.

I dunno, Derek Smart's games sure seemed liked they were trying to kill me with frustration.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I don't know why the ESRB is even bothering with a campaign. Sure Trump said something, but I mean, it's Trump. The accusation that video games cause mass shootings doesn't really exist except as a distraction. Maybe they are just grateful for the short spell of not having to put a brave face on micro-transactions.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

22 minutes ago, Gorgon said:

I don't know why the ESRB is even bothering with a campaign. Sure Trump said something, but I mean, it's Trump. The accusation that video games cause mass shootings doesn't really exist except as a distraction. Maybe they are just grateful for the short spell of not having to put a brave face on micro-transactions.

So I am calling out the moderator BS for that: it is NOT just Trump who said video games are to blame for mass shootings.  It's the REPUBLICAN PARTY, FOX NEWS, and RIGHT-WING PUNDITS AND TALKING HEADS.    Here are some video proofs, and I can serve you more if you want.

Edited by ktchong

Since it's almost exclusively WHITE MALES  who commit mass shootings, maybe we should just ban WHITE MALES from playing video games? 

Asian males spend plenty of time playing video games, but you don't see Asian men go out and shoot up people for it. 

Yeah, let's do that.  Let's just ban white males from playing video games.

Edited by ktchong
  • Haha 1

WRONG.  Shapiro was not the point.   Even if you did not want to bother with watching the video, I am sure you can see the other faces from the pictures.  The point was it was not just Trump who putting the blame of mass shootings on video games.   As I said, " it's the REPUBLICAN PARTY, FOX NEWS, and RIGHT-WING PUNDITS AND TALKING HEADS" that are blaming video games right now.

Edited by ktchong

I don't know whether Walmarts political leanings are Republican or Democrat (most likely Republican), but apparently they also subscribe to the same idea that video games cause mass shootings 😛

3 hours ago, HoonDing said:

Those loli games Asian men play make them grope women on the train.

As edgelordy as you are, that's definetly a good (if sterotyping) way of putting how dumb and unfounded the whole idea of 'video games cause mass shootings' is.

Edited by smjjames