So I'm looking to build a blood mage wizard multiclassed with a Streetfighter. I'm led to understand Con is a very important stat for a Streetfighter which is a stat I usually dump.
Which stat is safe to dump? Ideally I want to max Intellect and Perception, and maybe some Dexterity as well.
Is Might important for a Streetfighter with Sneak Attack + Bonus damage against Mind afflictions?

What are good spell to help me survive the Bloodied phase?

Llengrath's Safeguard + Displaced Image + Spirit Shield + Ironskin should really help but do they all stack?

I'm thinking staying Ranged at the beginning of combat, then Blood Mage to bloodied, buff spells and charge in. At least till I get the Spirit Lance.

Is this a viable strategy / build? Difficulty will be POTD Upscaled.

Edited by PsyCoil

AFAIK, you'll only get the highest of the 3 AR buffs from those spells.  The "all defenses" buff of Safeguard will stack with LDI's DEF & REF buffs, but the DEF buff from LDI is pretty low-- it's worth casting a Mirrored Image or Arcane Veil to get that up to +30 (long duration, but degrading with Hits) or +50 (short duration, adds Concentration, but no help v. guns).  LDI is more situational, IMO.  Worth casting when you expect REF-targeting attacks.

Opening combat with Infuse with Vital Essence is rarely a bad idea-- lets you get away with lower CON at character creation, and boosts to AoE (especially with Citzal's Lance) and durations are always great.  Deleterious Alacrity of Motion adds a little risk in its self-damage, but action speed buffs remain worthwhile, and the 100% stride buff and engagement immunity from Swift can be a huge survivability boost.  The freedom to flee if things go poorly is very valuable.   (Also, as I understand it, the engagement immunity shouldn't stop you from getting flanked.) 

Otherwise, Flame Shield is nice if there's any threat of Freeze damage.  Same goes with Arcane Reflection and enemy casters.  Ryngrim's Repulsive Visage is, effectively, a pretty nice survivability boost, too, although that will break enemy flanking, which you might not want to do as a Streetfighter.

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 1

When bloodied, all the deflection and ar buff can be extended by wall of draining. Spiritshield, ironskin and lengrath safeguard ar won't stack. Mirrored image and arcane veil stacks for massive deflection improvement. It's good combo with citzal lance and aoe riposte. When using lance, combusting wounds and scroll of avenging storm are your beat friends. Alacrity speed buff won't stack with captain banquett, so it's better to use with pl1 fleet feet, and avoid self damage. Bloody links is nice armor for streetfighter. Available early and gives atk speed or ar, when bloodied. When health is too low, you can use concelhaut siphon, and when to high - blood sacrifice. You get flanked by jumping in the middle od enemies. With increased deflection risk is bearable. 

1 hour ago, Powerotti said:

Mirrored image and arcane veil stacks for massive deflection improvement.

They each stack with Llengrath's Safeguard (because that's an "all defenses" buff), but not with each other. 

Race: Pale Elf / Wood Elf

Stat spread: 

Might 8 + 2 from Berath's Blessings + 1 Gift from the Machine 

Constitution 13 + 2 Berath Blessings + 1 Rauatai +1 from Permanent potion 

Dexterity 15 + 2 Blessings + 1 from Devil of Caroc sacrifice in POE1 + 1 Elf

Perception 18 + 2 Berath Blessings + 1 Elf

Intellect 18 + 2 Berath Blessings

Resolve 5 + 2 Berath Blessings, I don't want to drop Resolve so much because I'll still be in the frontline, and with drugs or items I can reach 11 without problem.

Can I get away with those stats?

Grimoires: Ninagauth's Teachings and Llengrath's Martial Masteries so I can waste more skills on Rogue passives.

Weapons: dual daggers, probably. Until Spirit Lance.

17 hours ago, Enoch said:

Opening combat with Infuse with Vital Essence is rarely a bad idea-- lets you get away with lower CON at character creation, and boosts to AoE (especially with Citzal's Lance) and durations are always great.  Deleterious Alacrity of Motion adds a little risk in its self-damage, but action speed buffs remain worthwhile, and the 100% stride buff and engagement immunity from Swift can be a huge survivability boost.  The freedom to flee if things go poorly is very valuable.   (Also, as I understand it, the engagement immunity shouldn't stop you from getting flanked.) 

Swift provides you with an engagement immunity? Hmm, this is one more way I can reach the Bloodied phase and also get out quick should things go bad.

2 hours ago, Powerotti said:

Bloody links is nice armor for streetfighter. Available early and gives atk speed or ar, when bloodied. When health is too low, you can use concelhaut siphon, and when to high - blood sacrifice. You get flanked by jumping in the middle od enemies. With increased deflection risk is bearable. 

Good idea, this one should also counter the Blood Mage debuff for Bloodied defenses. Although I thought about Devil of Caroc armor for the Recovery Time bonus and +2 Power Pool.

Edited by PsyCoil

1 hour ago, Enoch said:

They each stack with Llengrath's Safeguard (because that's an "all defenses" buff), but not with each other. 

Yes, my mistake.

@PsyCoil

Why elf? You want to be bloodied most of the time, so human would be better. 

Resolve is a stat that should be maxed or dumped, no half-measure. Con would be fine at 10 points total, i think, and i would rise might. 

As for grimoires, i'd choose martial masteries, concelhaut and the one with draconic fury. Wall of draining and lance pick when leveling up, so you can cast it with any grimoire active. 

1 hour ago, Powerotti said:

Why elf? You want to be bloodied most of the time, so human would be better. 

Resolve is a stat that should be maxed or dumped, no half-measure. Con would be fine at 10 points total, i think, and i would rise might. 

As for grimoires, i'd choose martial masteries, concelhaut and the one with draconic fury. Wall of draining and lance pick when leveling up, so you can cast it with any grimoire active. 

Mostly role-playing reasons and the Pale Elf bonus to armor is always good. Fighting Spirit would work best though, that's true.

Why leave Con at 10? The higher it is the longer I can stay Bloodied and not Near Death.