9 hours ago, Torm51 said:

Update.  So far Sacred Immolation is really good.  It is hitting for about 40-60 (60 or higher for Crits) at level 13.  When it is day time and I am getting higher fire PL levels from Sun and Moon even more so. My paladin drawing trash mobs around bosses in boss fights and just incinerating them.  Also the self damage is easy to mitigate with Voidward, good resolve and decent HP from the HP necklace and 2 Con Belt that gives me a second Second Wind (10 Con Base).  It also hits or crits on the regular without a super High Per Investment (13 base from left over char creation points+ 1 Galwain gift from Sayuka) and ring of focused flame.  So far so good, lefts see if I stay on the run long enough to get Light of Pure Zeal (PotD/ Ironman so I could lose).

Thanks, and keep reporting back, I'm considering a Liberator playthrough as part of my Shifter obsession. With all the healing potential and DoT spells I figured SI might be good to top it off but I don't have a good sense of how strong it really is.

By the way I can confirm that Eternal Devotion works with Sacred Immolation: the +10% burning lash applies to the damage of SI.

But SI doesn't heal you with Steel Garrote's draining ability. You have to use a ranged or melee weapon.

Just because I'm testing a Steel Garrote/Streetfighter with dual mortars and Sacred Immolation atm and it's sweet. Powder Burns gets you flanked, SI gets you bloodied real quick in a plannable way and as soon as you fear you go too low on health you just fire a Full Attack at the crowd and your health climbs back up while you are dealing damage. ;)   

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Finished the game on PoTD Ironman and I was surprised at the effectiveness of my single class party member especially the Paladin.  Sacred Immolation with Divine Immolation is great, my SC Paladin went from 4th in damage to second only to Red Hand Scout Maia.  Divine Immolation gives +1 Pen and 4 ACC to the ability and heals the front line really really well.  Stacked with Exalted Endurance and LoH for emergencies, and multiple exhortations I was surprised at the effectiveness of the SC Paladin that gets dumped on so much.

Light of Pure Zeal was good, but made a bit moot due to having Xoti SC with Dismissal, that said it was a great AOE emergency heal, and it did single handedly beat the undead dragon and the Fampyrs in the Splintered Reef.

Divine Retribution:  Great with a chanter, THE reason to go SC Paladin imo.

Single Classes: I liked that you get abilities early and often, and due to having so many abilities in one class you can have niche spells that trivialize encounters like Dismissal and Light of Pure Zeal.   I fee that muticlasses have to be more generalists, they are super effective but imo you have to take abilities that work on all enemies, not just one shot pony abilities like Dismissal.

• Like 2

Have gun will travel.