I wouldn't expect to see any news about steam keys until around this time next year.  If you preorder the PC version through https://outerworlds.obsidian.net, your options are:

Official Private Division Store (Epic key)
Epic Game Store (Epic account)
Gamestop (Epic key)
Windows Store (Microsoft account)

also shows up on Xbox Game Pass under PC games, which I assume means you don't have to buy the game to play it if you have a subscription ... 

which I do now, apparently, for three months, from a bundle included with a new CPU ... 

it's like, do I want to waste time with Epic or waste time with Game Pass just to play The Outer Worlds on PC in October

All Stop. On Screen.

• 2 weeks later...

Feels like there's a higher proportion of dodgy Switch ports than there is for any other current platform (no doubt due to its somewhat oddball hardware), so it's something to be cautious about before rushing out to buy it. Even ports of mature, stable games suffer.

Not that you shouldn't check feedback about the game on any platform before buying, mind you.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

• 2 weeks later...

20 hours ago, WintermuteX said:

Obsidian lost me as a loyal customer. Do whatever you want, I will NOT forget this. I hate spineless people with no integrity. Bye Bye.

You have no idea what you're talking about, the publisher decides where the game is sold, stop blaming developers.  Mindless steam addicts need to learn more about game economy, the stranglehold steam has on small developers and now finally choices where the small developers get more for their efforts from new digital storefronts, hopefully supporting more game development which is what matters.  Cut out all middlemen: you can't buy directly from Obsidian, so failing that  Private Division (their publisher):  https://store.privatedivision.com/en_US

AND don't let the door hit your @$$ on the way out...

Edited by Bandy
  • Like 1

• Gorgon locked this topic