The story of pillars of eternity is more meaningful than that of baldurs gate.

when we compare the setting of pillars of eternity with baldurs gate, there is no comparison.  motivation is much superior in pillars than in baldurs gate.  supposing you character failed in baldurs gate 1 and 2 , what would be the consequence ?  sarevok would become a new bhaal, for example, or inenicus would become a major forgotten realms villain and antagonist. but so what ? there are dozens of epic heroes in forgotten realms who can kill gods , hundreds of adventurers who can stop sarevok or irenicus.  This is NOT the case with pillars of eternity.  if your character fails, it leads to very serious and disastrous consequences . in poe1 woedica becomes the strongest deity and all of the souls woedica took are lost forever. i poe 2 the balance of the wheel itself may be lost forever and kith may be doomed depending of what happen.  hence this op does not now anything what it is saying.  also, reincarnation makes the game more challenging and cool in a metaphysicial sense.  it kinda loses the point in death if your character can be freely resurrected like it is common in forgotten realms setting.   the problems of poe exist but they are mainly in some  design problems (and there is the need of more companion versatility, for example) , not the story , which is great and unique.

Edited by nouser

Not only is it a wall of text, but the first sentence starts on a very bad note: "when we compare the setting of pillars of eternity with baldurs gate, there is no comparison." That doesn't make much sense, does it? "When we move from a to b, there is no movement." Right.

(I didn't read the post to the end, I have to say.)

• Gfted1 locked this topic