A Funny Stuff Thread

Amentep

^ "Devil's Lettuce"? Is that a thing people call(ed) marijuana? I smoked (more than) my share of weed back in the day and we used dozens of different names for it, but Devil's Lettuce was definitely not one of them.:blink:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈRFK Jr 2024πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

27 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

^ "Devil's Lettuce"? Is that a thing people call(ed) marijuana? I smoked (more than) my share of weed back in the day and we used dozens of different names for it, but Devil's Lettuce was definitely not one of them.:blink:

Pretty sure this is what gen z thought baby boomers called marijuana. (Had this very conversation with a gen. Z the other day and only she'd ever heard of it.)

I've not heard it unironically since I was a kidΒ 

A family friend was an old school jazz musician, elder silent generation and long dead by now, and he would often use really obscure slang for things. He's the one that taught me about measuring things in fingers as well as introduced the concept of a lid of marijuanaΒ or jazz cabbage.Β 

Β 

• Haha 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

IMG_20191120_143314_608.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

Β 

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Β 

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Β 

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

78255410_2458377780941237_39322439290296

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

It's that time of year again!

79119918_1481604575339327_43532825580588

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

These are actual pictures from the Florida Turnpike between Wildwood & Orlando. You may think you live in a weird place. Sometimes I think TN is weird. But friends... until you've lived in the sunshine state you don't know s--t about weird!

78431736_1481493985350386_63343658543181

Β 

• Like 3

Thomas Sowell

11 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

You may think you live in a weird place. Sometimes I think TN is weird.Β 

Β 

I like Tennessee, I ain't gonna throw no shade at my neighbor to the west.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈRFK Jr 2024πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

2 hours ago, the_dog_days said:

Next week: Great Britain outlaws the possession of fire extinguishers.

You can take my Narwhal Tusk when you pry it from...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."