A Funny Stuff Thread

Amentep

8 hours ago, Keyrock said:

$15.50 for a movie ticket?

I think we pay $15 or so here.  What was funny was seeing ticket prices in Edinburgh for 15 GBP, hah.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

43 minutes ago, Malcador said:

I think we pay $15 or so here.  What was funny was seeing ticket prices in Edinburgh for 15 GBP, hah.

Is that IMAX or something? Last time I went I think I paid about $8 for a ticket and it was a nice theater with comfy leather recliner seats. That was 2 years ago. Prices  couldn't have risen that much. Is North Carolina just that much cheaper?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

^ So it does, I don't know how I missed that. Out of curiosity, is IMAX worth the mark up? Is it a life altering experience? Will it ruin standard movie viewing for me forever?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

1 hour ago, Keyrock said:

^ So it does, I don't know how I missed that. Out of curiosity, is IMAX worth the mark up? Is it a life altering experience? Will it ruin standard movie viewing for me forever?

It's pretty neat, but it depends on the film. I'd actually suggest giving it a try for a Nolan film, given his films are never 3D, HFR or any other such gimmick and he likewise shoots a bunch of them on 70mm IMAX film cameras. It also helps that aside from the odd film here or there his films are pretty much the best-looking blockbusters out this decade.

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

17 hours ago, Keyrock said:

Only film where I felt it added something was MI : Ghost Protocol, when he's on the Burj.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

dbd73d80e5d45661.png?1574019647

• Like 4

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

HA! Good Fun!

• Sad 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

2 hours ago, Skarpen said:

The dumbest person would be the viewer that think this wasn't scripted 😁

oh, am thinking most of us can identify who the "dumbest person" is.

HA! Good Fun!

• Haha 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)