A Funny Stuff Thread

Amentep

I commented on this before, but I can't help but snicker at images of Trump standing in profile, or even in 3/4 view as in this photo:

EFk7JhAUUAAVR6V?format=jpg

I swear, with that posture one could put a glass of water on the portion of the arch of his back that was closest to horizontal and not a drop would spill.

• Haha 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

2 hours ago, Skarpen said:

Left: We believe in science, rationality and tolerance
Also left:

a81a502c31cdedad0b900f593d5781a9.jpg

aka, we believe in whatever fits our agenda this week

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I guess people also worshipped Steve Austin.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

38 minutes ago, Malcador said:

I guess people also worshipped Steve Austin.

who wouldn't?

he were also married to farrah fawcett in the 70s.

360_fawcett_poster_0625.jpg

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
changed farrah image in case some folks is sensitive to displays o' iconic 1970s swimsuit posters
  • Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Ah, forgot about that one. But meant Stone Cold with all the Austin 3:16 stuff.  Do people still hold up John 3:16 at sport events?

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

13 hours ago, redneckdevil said:

Why is this so ****ing true.  I swear I almost get hit every day coming home from work from people who just try to turn into your lane and only put on turn signals when they cant or half way into your lane.

Same here in Sweden, one would think that blinker fluid is more expensive than gasoline. :ermm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

17 hours ago, redneckdevil said:

Why is this so ****ing true.  I swear I almost get hit every day coming home from work from people who just try to turn into your lane and only put on turn signals when they cant or half way into your lane.

My 2 years on NC streets and highways was more dangerous than 2 years in Iraq

We had a safety brief before a holiday and the speaker asked the auditorium why we lose so many people on the road each year and somewhat shouted out that it was because people in North Carolina can't drive. Even the colonels were laughing.

Edited by ShadySands
  • Haha 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

Have to visit NC to see this lack of driving ability.

23zvn5yho3q31.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

pets-caught-red-handed-stealing-animals-

594d1c748a068_0lrbjeTr__605.jpg

cat-paper-facial-expressions-montage-4.j

Last pic taken from this set of four: https://www.boredpanda.com/cat-paper-facial-expressions-montage/

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts