Been mucking about on a friends laptop while recovering from a leg injury playing Deadfire, loving it so far as I'm a long term fan of games like BG/IWD/Divinity/Dungeon Siege etc.

Planning to pick up the Obsidian Edition for myself via GOG over the weekend and start a full POTD run ( with a split 4 faction run at the obvious point to fill out the achievements unless there's some way to copy them over from my mates machine ? ). I'll also probably be using the Unity Console Mod and More AI Conditions as the only actual Game Affecting Mods beyond the Portrait Packs, and Unity only for bugfixes if needed and possibly later down the line using it for replays to tweak story companions to unusual mixes not allowed by the game engine when you recruit them ( for example I quite fancy making Xoti a Templar Tank at some point POG/Shieldbearer ).

Few Queries for the Veterans and TheoryCrafters if anyone can help?

1. Is there any real reason I can't do a full Godlike Party in POTD? And yes, I know I'm missing out on Aconas/HOTF etc. doing so.
  2. If no reason why not even on POTD can someone help me thin down the party composition especially as I have a few ideas that I'm not sure on whether they'll work or not.
  • MC - either Trickster/HW Shadowdancer or Dev/HW Brawler, veering more to the SD due to an idea about using Rusts and most likely Marux along with chime; planned to use Death Godlike but wondering if with HW the PL bonus from Nature might be better, also plan to be a crit abuse build
  • Tank - Either Pallegina as Herald or later dump after quest for a Fire Godlike SHB/Unbroken; again looking for advice if there's a better option or if the Nature racial is worth it for the PL
  • 3rd Melee/Support - Either Tekehu using Ascaloth's "Tāwhirimātea, the God of Storms" build or Moon Godlike Troubador/Paladin ( with Focus as Tank will run Endurance ); again open to options or suggestion for this slot, plan to make it crit heavy
  • Ranged Crit - Idea is either Dev/SHRP Arquebus user or a pistol using ( no scordeo as see next slot ) Trickster/Sharp; plan is using Nature for PL boost and no idea if i'd need Boar or could go cat companion and again plan is crit abuse
  • Ranged Support - idea is Nature Troubador/Beguiler dedicated to CC and support duties ( afflictions/Res/Reload & Action Speeds ); again open to advice on possible weapons/race/equip. plan is to use Scordeo and another pistol to allow faster Focus generation and cooldowns so I'm able to spam afflictions better if the fight drags out, and also to go crit heavy

I'll be using a POE log preferably that has Berath followed and agreed task done, Sangina sacrificed for the PER bonus, and scroll hidden for Wael. If anyone knows what those choices are or has a link to a thread on the POE1 gamestate setup would be appreciated.

Planned Equipment

MC - unless someone has a better setup then DoC, Fist/Palm and Rust/Marux, Bonesetters ( possibly  Falcon torc for 2 per ), Trixie, Ogre gloves swapped eventually to Woedicia Grasp, Burden for 2nd Wind or else Mortal Protection if I'm not using it on the Tank; beyond that no idea for the rest of the slots beyond the trinket that does the Pillar ( petrify/Heal ) effect and Claim/Refusal  if not using it again on tank. Had also been considering HW/BW due to soulbind T2 effect with paladin but not sure it fits with the crit/max ST DPS idea i had. Also Tempted by Magrans/Slayers as a pairing on the Shadowdancer due to the Bleed effect and the weapons own uniques

Tank - low ability use, Kapana Tagu and probably Devotion or Phalanx, One Dozen Stood, seriously thinking about using Claim/Refusal and also Undying Burden, probably also Gatecrashers. basically just designed to tie up things in melee and punish anything disengaging between fighter stance and ODS

3rd Melee - as said either FishBoy in the funky Ascaloth setup, or a Moon ( unless there's a better support healer option ) Herald using the same basic gear idea with some small tweaks

Ranged Crit - still getting used to what classes  provide the best Hit to Crit conversions. Either Dev/Shrp or Trick/Shrp using Red Hand and Maia armour plus probably things like Bonesetters, or if there's a better twin pistol setup that doesn't need Trophy possibly that with most likely Miscreants or similar. not sure about rest of equipment and whether Death might be a better option for that one

Ranged Support - Beguiler/Troubador with Scordeos Trophy and most likely something like High Tide wand. Plan is to be just throwing out heals, Res, buffs and debuffs and auto attacks for the most. Scordeos to help rip recovery right down to as low as possible to maximise ability to spam Cipher spells as needed.

If 5 Godlikes won't work then just let me know, along with suggestions for what race to replace them with.

Again if I've picked a massively incorrect pairing or subpar weaponry etc let me know, preferably with an explanation why.

Thanks in advance, and thanks already to folk like Ascaloth/Boeroer/AndreaColombo/Voltron/Dunehunter for replies in build threads that have helped me get my head round quite a few ideas and synergies.

I think if you are doing a full party you have a lot of wiggle room on PoTD :) It is tough and some fights more than others, but I have found if you go with the typical party:  tanks (I prefer 2 - one straight tank/damage dealer; one either tank/healer or tank/AOE); Healer; AOE, and Damage Dealer (I prefer Rogues personally) you can get past most battles with a few buffs, practice and summons - either from figurines or your spell casters.

I recommend you go PoTD with an experience reduction mod for the most punishing encounters though ....

“How do you 'accidentally' kill a nobleman in his own mansion?"

"With a knife in the chest. Or, rather, a pair of knives in the chest...”

The Final Empire, Mistborn Trilogy

15 hours ago, bringingyouthefuture said:

I think if you are doing a full party you have a lot of wiggle room on PoTD :) It is tough and some fights more than others, but I have found if you go with the typical party:  tanks (I prefer 2 - one straight tank/damage dealer; one either tank/healer or tank/AOE); Healer; AOE, and Damage Dealer (I prefer Rogues personally) you can get past most battles with a few buffs, practice and summons - either from figurines or your spell casters.

I recommend you go PoTD with an experience reduction mod for the most punishing encounters though ....

Cheers, @bringingyouthefuture.

Any idea whether it's worth using Death or Moon godlikes or is it pretty much Fire for tank and Nature for everyone else since they will usually have Inspirations up at all times for the PL?

• Thanks 1

I don't really play Godlikes but am sure someone else can answer :)  I always want to use the cool helmets ... lol

Edited by bringingyouthefuture

“How do you 'accidentally' kill a nobleman in his own mansion?"

"With a knife in the chest. Or, rather, a pair of knives in the chest...”

The Final Empire, Mistborn Trilogy