Wow classic

daven

1 hour ago, Mamoulian War said:

In 1.12, OOC res was already removed.

Soulstones aren't out of combat resurrections, but yes, Blizz patched out the only job PVE Shamans had in classic pretty quickly. ;)

I know, I know, it's 1.12 and Shamans are actually decent at healing and buffing their group at that point, assuming they manage to not run out of mana.

Edited by majestic
Added disclaimer

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Pfft, it was to give the 2h'er rogue more DPS, let's not lie here.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Why would you ever give Bloodlust to group 1?

But yeah, the day they added the combat pulse was a sad day. I felt like such a ninja when on our first Ragnaros kill I was able to vanish and use my jumper cables on a priest, and they in turn were out of combat for a short while too.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

It'll be fun to get Divine Intervention back.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

• 4 weeks later...

I played a paladin wayyy back in the beta days, when paladin was actually fun to play. You had a few attack options and a few defense options, but they all relied on the same mana pool. That meant that if you were too offensive, you would die. If you weren't offensive enough the fight lasted forever. It was great fun trying to balance that. Also, the combat felt instantaneous and fun.

Then the game released properly and they changed paladin into a "sit and wait for the progress bar to finish" type of character. They removed all actively used skills/spells and instead gave everything huge cooldown times. Totally killed the class for me.

I switched to rogue and had fun with that until they released all those stupid expansions and I quit (I actually quit when they released that expansion where you entered some kind of portal and ended up in space or something.. might even have been the first).

I would love to give it a try, but.. at full subscription price? No thanks.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'm looking forward to playing my pally, can alt-tab and play Football Manager.  Launch day for Classic is going to be a mess, heh.  Wonder how many people will tough it out past 6 months, though.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

My server has a 8000 queue. Played a bit on an Oceanic server, slow going what with every killing field overrun with players.

I have told my girlfriend not to bother me this weekend. I think I will be getting it.......! Maybe I will get bored after that but I feel like I want to play it. Remember when it would take HOURS to get through Deadmines and what have you. Blackrock Depths too nearly a lifetime. 

nowt

so after last night what server you play on as ally EU English ??
I played with my friends at APKNite last night and most of us wanted to play on firemaw but after the clastra**** of last night and stand in a queue with 30k people in-front of me I had to play on another server of the new ones. what is the server that has the most ally right now? I don't wanna lvl up and find myself in a server with 70% are horde.

I thought it was out Thursday? It is already? I will have to investigate after work.

Edit: Okay it did come out yesterday...! Damn it  still in work for another 6 hours.

Edited by daven

nowt

So I have been playing for a few hours last night. I thought I would get bored quicker but i'm really enjoying the slow pace of the game compared to alter iterations. Feels like Baldur's gate in some ways, moving really slowly to get anywhere, takes million years to kill anything. But there are tons of people about so it makes it feel quite lively.

I am pretty sure they have increased the respawn rate compared to the original version. I remember having to wait ages back in the day, things seem to spawn almost instantly after dying now. Not sure if it's cos there are so many players around.

nowt

Dynamic respawn times based on zone load is relatively new, yes. Eh, and by that I mean it was introduced to immense effect back in Cataclysm where Athene (ab)used it to get the world first level 85 character by simply grinding a patch of quickly respawning mobs that some out of group friends killed, i.e. he tapped everything, they nuked it, the enemies respawned instantly.

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

3 hours ago, majestic said:

Dynamic respawn times based on zone load is relatively new, yes. Eh, and by that I mean it was introduced to immense effect back in Cataclysm where Athene (ab)used it to get the world first level 85 character by simply grinding a patch of quickly respawning mobs that some out of group friends killed, i.e. he tapped everything, they nuked it, the enemies respawned instantly.

Good times almost dying in Vash'jr with dozens of mobs spawning due to that, hah.

Part of the problem with long established mmo's is everyone is focused on the endgame and little on the slow path to the cap. That slow journey is the most engaging part for me, and it is nice to have it rekindled for WoW classic. It feels like a nice slow walk through the world instead of a mad dash.

• Like 2

Except for some free 20 levels many years ago, but still not at all WoW Classic, I have never even tried Wow. I just soloed around. For the first time, though, I'm seriously considering trying this game out, and among the reasons for that is Hurlshot's point just above.  I love me some good slow-cooking!

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Hmm, as I've never bought any Wow box/game, will it be enough if I just subscribe to get access to Wow Classic, or do I have to buy one of them expensive boxes (most likely the latest)?

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***