Corrupt HDD

Hi, how's it going!

A friend of mine apparently got his HDD corrupted and he has his thesis on it. 

I am just wondering what his options might be at this point? His laptop is back working with a different hard drive, and the hdd in question is on the side at the moment. 

Any help appreciated!

Thanks!

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

No personal experience but there are plenty of free or paid data recovery tools you can use, though you'll probably need to be able to hook up the drive to a functioning computer, probably a desktop of some sort. Could be as simple as a corrupt boot record with the drive and data otherwise 100% intact.

No guarantees it'll work though, and if it doesn't, the next step would be professional data recovery services, but do note that they may charge hundreds, or in some case potentially thousands of dollars for the job depending on how bad the failure was. Often this will be the only realistic option if the disk is physically damaged.

• Like 2

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

What Humanoid said. "Corrupt HDD" could mean anything - depending on the exact problem, different solutions may be (im)possible.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.