A question about the metaphysics of Eora

With the events being played out as they did in PoE2, with Eothas destroying the Wheel so that souls cannot be reborn back into the real world ("Here"), it makes one wonder... are there no new souls that are born in this universe? It seems as if there are only a finite number of souls in circulation at any given point in time, all of them having been born once in the past. And if you break the Wheel, they don't make it to the Beyond-- they're all stuck in the In-Between. So new souls don't ever get born?

Maybe I missed a piece of dialogue that explains this better. Can someone who has more knowledge of the lore care to enlighten me on this?

hard to say how reincarnation work 2000 years ago

presumably engwithan build the machine in ukaizo to give gods total control over reincarnation

rymrgand make each generation of pale elf reincarnate to the same tribe

galawain guide the warrior to the arena

and maybe woedica keep thaos's memory using such control over reincarnation

14 hours ago, Seriphos said:

With the events being played out as they did in PoE2, with Eothas destroying the Wheel so that souls cannot be reborn back into the real world ("Here"), it makes one wonder... are there no new souls that are born in this universe? It seems as if there are only a finite number of souls in circulation at any given point in time, all of them having been born once in the past. And if you break the Wheel, they don't make it to the Beyond-- they're all stuck in the In-Between. So new souls don't ever get born?

Maybe I missed a piece of dialogue that explains this better. Can someone who has more knowledge of the lore care to enlighten me on this?

I believe there must be a mechanism for new souls to be created, because we know that there is one for souls to eventually be destroyed (White Void). If there is a finite number of souls, eventually the whole system would run out of them if there wasn't a way for new ones to be created. There's some law of entropy happening with souls, so it seems likely that there might also be Conservation of Soul Energy, too - soul energy can neither be created nor destroyed. If that's true, then the souls that go to the White Void to be "destroyed" are just being fragmented into pure essence devoid of organization, and that energy must eventually coalesce/organize into a new soul at some point.  I do not believe there's any information about that.