Hi all,

I've looked everywhere I could think of and couldn't find any PotD solo turn based build so I've decided to ask for one here.

I've already finished the game on PotD solo RTwP with a Devoted/Streetfighter and it was a lot of fun. However, this build obviously won't work on TB.
I'm really interested in FINALLY trying the new turn based system but I only play solo PotD so here's that.

A few points for this potential build:

1. I'm using Berath's Blessings so builds that are very weak at the beginning are still fine (I hope).

2. This build should be able to win against every boss (including expansions), including optionals such as the annoying Fampyr's Crypt.

3. I would very like for the build to be able to win against one of the Mega Bosses (I don't care which one), but I don't really expect to find one which does. :((

4. Tested builds are preferred.

Thanks in advance for anyone who tries to help. :)

Were you able to defeat megabosses with Devoted/Streetfighter? I wanted to do a playthrough with it myself but im afraid its too squishy/lack resorce reneval to fight them.

For TB, you may check paladin or ranger/troubadour - there is one guy in The Ultimate thread that switches for TB for some foght - maybe there are some tips.

I can't really give you a detailed build, but back when turn based came out I played a bloodmage/priest (don't remember which god but tbh doesn't matter that much) and it works the same on tb then on real time.

Kills any content including all megabosses easily due to Barring Death's door and draining wall, if you wear Shroud of likeness you might even proc brilliant and can spam Salvation of Time.

Against Dorudugan whose willsave is too high you can just use wall of flames on self out of combat (don't activate Fast mode) until Shroud of likeness activates, then immediately go into combat, use BDD and then spam Salvation of time.

Against enemies with ArcaneCleanse/Dampener use summons and ranged spells and stay at a distance.

A build honestly isn't even too necessary for this playstyle, as long as you have SoT, BDD and Draining Wall you ahve all you'll ever need.

2 hours ago, _sputnik_ said:

Were you able to defeat megabosses with Devoted/Streetfighter? I wanted to do a playthrough with it myself but im afraid its too squishy/lack resorce reneval to fight them.

For TB, you may check paladin or ranger/troubadour - there is one guy in The Ultimate thread that switches for TB for some foght - maybe there are some tips.

My build was very good against regular bosses and mobs but not against Mega Bosses.

Thanks for the tip. :)

2 hours ago, Raven Darkholme said:

I can't really give you a detailed build, but back when turn based came out I played a bloodmage/priest (don't remember which god but tbh doesn't matter that much) and it works the same on tb then on real time.

Kills any content including all megabosses easily due to Barring Death's door and draining wall, if you wear Shroud of likeness you might even proc brilliant and can spam Salvation of Time.

Against Dorudugan whose willsave is too high you can just use wall of flames on self out of combat (don't activate Fast mode) until Shroud of likeness activates, then immediately go into combat, use BDD and then spam Salvation of time.

Against enemies with ArcaneCleanse/Dampener use summons and ranged spells and stay at a distance.

A build honestly isn't even too necessary for this playstyle, as long as you have SoT, BDD and Draining Wall you ahve all you'll ever need.

Thanks a lot. I'll do some research in that direction and see what I can find.

On 7/19/2019 at 7:23 AM, Raven Darkholme said:

As I mentioned in my BDD priest/wiz guide (thaumaturge) -- which was largely inspired by stuff Raven/Victor did -- also Slicken is great against small groups of Cleanse/Dampner mobs if they're not KD immune.  Like Concelhaut and even some of the Fampyr areas.   When they're on their ass, they can't cast.  And blood mage for instance (esp with Brilliant) can basically chain-cast slickens.

On 7/22/2019 at 4:18 AM, brasilgringo said:

As I mentioned in my BDD priest/wiz guide (thaumaturge) -- which was largely inspired by stuff Raven/Victor did -- also Slicken is great against small groups of Cleanse/Dampner mobs if they're not KD immune.  Like Concelhaut and even some of the Fampyr areas.   When they're on their ass, they can't cast.  And blood mage for instance (esp with Brilliant) can basically chain-cast slickens.

Does your build good for PotD solo TB?
And if so, may I please have a link to you guide? :) 

6 hours ago, DarkPhoenix8 said:

Does your build good for PotD solo TB?
And if so, may I please have a link to you guide? :) 

It's in Boerer's build guide post.  Never tried it on TB but probably works fine. Some things changed about it like not multicasting Wall of Draining but it shouldn't be a big problem to overcome.

Edited by brasilgringo

5 hours ago, brasilgringo said:

It's in Boerer's build guide post.  Never tried it on TB but probably works fine. Some things changed about it like not multicasting Wall of Draining but it shouldn't be a big problem to overcome.

Thanks a lot.
Thing is, I've never even played TB before so I don't know what to expect.
Do you have any suggestions for the TB tweaking?
For example dumping dex or maybe choosing different spells this time?