5 hours ago, QuiteGoneJin said:

Isn't this basically a wish list or a begging for modders to fix list since the last patch is done and out?

Yes it is.

Except this is about a specific group of modders who are quite recognised for their deep knowledge of the game. They also consolidated their change list with a community poll.

Oh then awesome, ty. 

One of my wishlists

1) soul anihilation although a primary attack it seems not to proc the mob stance free attack on kill. Also I have heard somewhere that it does more damage being almost max as it also takes into factor the whip? This seems counter intuitive. 

Iirc I already suggested to fix this issue (at least the one with Cleaving Stance. Mob Stance is just the upgrade to Cleaving Stance that gives you an attack speed bonus based on your engagements).

SA's damage calculation already got altered by the (extended?) Community Patch if I'm not mistaken.

I think the problem is that SA itself is not considered to be a weapon attack and thus it will not trigger a cleave on kill. THe problem might be: if it's a weapon attack it might generate focus. I guess that's not wanted. But I don't know the details of the implementation so I can't say for sure.

But I did put it on a list of "things to fix" - because it is indeed annoying and not plausible to players.

I can't say that it will get fixed though. The next step of the community patch - trinkets - seems to be on halt as well since I didn't hear anything about it since weeks. Atm @MaxQuest and @Phenomenum seem to roam these forums less frequently than they used to. Me as well. It's summer after all. ;)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

A bit of a long shot here, but I think it'd be cool if Magistrate's Cudgel could bind to Steel Garrote (bound like Fighter) and Priest of Woedica (bound like Cipher or Monk).

I also think Mage Slayer and Corpse Eater deserve a look.

I worked on a Mage Slayer revision but never got the modding off the ground floor. The idea was to replace Frenzy's Fit with foe-only Spell Resistance and add an Arcane Dampener or Concussive Tranquilzer effect to its Yell abilities (to give value to SC Mage Slayer). Keep the Spell Disruption effect and include its chance to disrupt in the description (iirc, 10% per stack?). Penalties would be reduced healing and/or beneficial duration like in the beta, loss of Carnage and Accurate Carnage, and inabilty to use scrolls. Veil Piercing of some form is another idea. I guess that's also a bit of a long shot but one can dream. :)

As for Corpse-Eater, maybe make it a tankier kit: add a temporary bonus to duration and healing received after consuming a corpse to pair with Savage Defiance.

Edited by Ophiuchus
  • Like 1

Wish 1 : Ability to have the Eder Perk apply to 1st Companion after MC in the management screen rather than solely Eder ( so you could use it with Inn companions or say Palegena )

Wish 2 : Ability to be able to change Weapon sets based on Enemy conditions and not Weilder ( for example Low Health and similar for weapons optimised for this, and also for Low Pen situations )

Beyond that not much so far that the wonderful modders haven't already addressed over on nexus or explained why it's either impossible or game breaking, then again I'm not long into the game so far.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vonbek said:

Wish 1 : Ability to have the Eder Perk apply to 1st Companion after MC in the management screen rather than solely Eder ( so you could use it with Inn companions or say Palegena )

Wish 2 : Ability to be able to change Weapon sets based on Enemy conditions and not Weilder ( for example Low Health and similar for weapons optimised for this, and also for Low Pen situations )

Beyond that not much so far that the wonderful modders haven't already addressed over on nexus or explained why it's either impossible or game breaking, then again I'm not long into the game so far.

I'm not sure if it would be easy to designate the first companion but Eder's pet unlock option is a simple passive ability and can be added to any companion, sidekick, or hireling with console commands or UC. Had a Nalpazca evening the other night and thought it would be neat to mod in pet "licenses" that unlock the slot for the character.

• Gasp! 1

Yep. I did some additional requested tweaks and bugfixes to CP, but i can't upload it without @MaxQuest. More than that, i don't know how to create Trinkets (or any items) and add them to vendors. Sure i can learn how to do this, but it will take some time. I suggest to wait and hope that Max is OK.

• Like 3

I'm fine guys :)

Sorry for radio silence) 

It's been a busy summer, and still is an ongoing pile of RL stuff that requires my time and attention. 

@Phenomenum, You mentioned you have a list of tweaks for CP. PM the details, and I could upload them to Nexus.

• Like 2

Good to hear, @MaxQuest. RL sometimes needs attention. ;)

After finishing my first full run and achievements got a few further requests/ideas for perusal and possible "nope, that's game breaking/impossible/both"; I've scoured nexus and can't find anything that seems to cover them.

1. Range Mod - Specifically Sap, Both rogue Blows, Flurry, HBD and other thematically possible Melee abilities to be range possible too ( caveat : balance it out by having the "proc on crit > fresh attack" become "on crit > reset recovery bar" so that things like reload and animation time still affect it ) ( inspired by wanting to build a Zen Archer style character who starts doing mad stuff once he's "in the zone" ( ie critting ))... and no, it's not to abuse Frostseeker. I actually had St. Omakus in mind when the idea cropped up
  2. If possible someone to work out what needs changed in the UC mod to fix the Global Teleport and Add Skills errors for 5.0+ GOG versions. I've tried multiple things including a fresh install of both UC and the game and while most stuff works now AS is totally borked even in new games and Teleport does one jump then blanks the list. And yes, I've tried both the Forum thread .py file and the Nexus instructions too
  3. spitball idea here - a Godlike Mod that changes the max stat base to 19, so instead of the usual Dex/Int that they all have you could have a Strong (MGT) and Bold (RES) Firelike or a Fast (DEX) and Perceptive (PER) Moon or even a Sturdy Oak (CON/RES) Nature. Having seen how the Engine handles Racial Bonuses, I'm wondering would this be as simple as coding up a way to add +1 to all stats then reduce "Pool" points by 4 at creation time?

Beyond that thanks to the various Modders and Forum folk for their time and work and advice.

Especially @Boeroer ( loving the Icon Set ), @Stardusk78 ( liking your approach to the mods, just about to give TS a whirl on an Unroken/Stalker/Bear tank ), @checoden for Deadfire Tweaks, @MaxQuest ( for both Spoils and the CP ), @Spherikal ( for the Enhanced UI ), and last but not least @peardox ( for the Quality Mod that has made my life much easier for quick "is this better" comparison ) and @Armakoir ( for the wonderful IPD mod ).

Shout out to @bringingyouthefuture, @Waski, and @Ophiuchus as well for help with some ideas.

3 hours ago, Phenomenum said:

@Boeroer Can you remind me some stuff we discussed earlier? Something about Fury attack, yes?

The Fury attack (when shifted) has an auto-jump. But that doesn't stack with Driving Flight. Taking Driving Flight will do nothing then.

But other auto-jumps (Watershaper's Focus, Fire in the Hole) do stack with Driving Flight no problem. The dmg reduction (-20% dmg per jump) does stack as well. So it's not overpowered.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods