looking for experienced chanter advice, lvl 14 bellower feeling a bit like a one trick godlike.

lvl 14, nature godlike. Using:

miscreant leather (10% recovery)

1 int + pl neck

2x overseeing ring (maybe a bad idea?)

boots of speed

Escape cloak (i feel squishy af, usually play bruisers)

Accuracy gauntlets, girdle of protection

Atlas puppy (1 perc bonus to ranged acc)

Sashas singing scim (stat stick enchanted to max out phrases when empowered)

Scordeo's trophy with opening barrage (stacking -5% recover for 30 sec, seem to usually sit around 25-30%)

im curious about better gear, im about to do Beasts of Winter for the first time, (havent gone to magrans teeth yet in main story) any really big upgrades I've missed?

Also about abilities, basically I mainly use so Singt, unless enemies have insane fort save, then lightning (upgraded) or worms (hate that spell, my exp is its resisted or immune a LOT). Any other invocations a +8 pl bellower should use frequently? Ill tell you what i didnt like, the ice one that goes in all directions, each projectile seems to stop at hitting once, AND the reticle is quite often incorrect so i miss a lot. Simular to casting long skinny aoes over stairs if you recall that annoyance. Worms is resisted a ton, or immune. But so singt is amazing so far. But i feel like im new to chanters and not using other abilities i should, any recommendations?

Also for chants im pretty much always using the fire lash and recovery reload speed. Maia and myself do amazing gun dmg thanks to it (her gunhawk red hand build is amazing with this).

Any tips would be great, super nub to chanters . ty kindly. 

I guess you use a SC chanter. Chanters kind of jack of all trades master of none. Except summoning. They are the kings of summoning. I haven't tried Bellower yet, usually I use the mighty Troubadour. 

You can use the chanter as Off-Healer, Buffer (Brilliant!), summon some help or keep him as a ranged attacker as you are doing it. Chanters are very flexible and can save a lot of situations. It seems you don't need that flexibility right now ;)

1 hour ago, jazzthing said:

I guess you use a SC chanter. Chanters kind of jack of all trades master of none. Except summoning. They are the kings of summoning. I haven't tried Bellower yet, usually I use the mighty Troubadour. 

You can use the chanter as Off-Healer, Buffer (Brilliant!), summon some help or keep him as a ranged attacker as you are doing it. Chanters are very flexible and can save a lot of situations. It seems you don't need that flexibility right now ;)

Bellowers are a good deal more specialized than a base-class Chanter or Troubadour.  Their whole thing is using fewer Invocations (each one dumps their whole phrase count), but with significant PL bonuses.  That pushes them to the damaging invocations, as added PL to a summon or a buff is kind of a waste.  (It just gets you more duration.)  Plus, they have reduced Chant AoE, limiting the usefulness of the debuffing/damaging chants.

Personally, I think it's a lousy subclass, largely for reasons that @QuiteGoneJin posted-- the one trick with So Singt Biting Winds or Thrice Was She Wronged is a neat one, but it's the only one they do well.  If I'm building a Chanter with a focus on damaging invocations, I'd rather build a Skald, whose advantages do more to help with debuffing invocations and who doesn't have a weaker Chant.

Anyhow, Beast of Winter is going to be challenge.  Singt does Freeze damage, which, as you might guess, isn't the best tool to use against the kind of enemies you'll find on an iceberg.  The one damaging invocation that QGJ didn't mention trying (and that should be available to a level 14 Chanter) is Boil Their Flesh from Skin to Bone.  I haven't really experimented with that one much, but BoW would be a good place to try it.  You need the damage-type diversity.  Alternately, play against type and be a (somewhat less than optimal) summoner.  Use Ancient Instruments, and chant  Many Lives Pass By-- chant AoE doesn't matter when you're using your passive chant to call a skeleton buddy, instead of a buff/debuff. 

Edited by Enoch

You should use bellower mainly as damage dealer caster. At max lvl you should use Many Lives Passed By for distraction, cast Each Kill Fed His Fury or Far From Defeated, and then empowered Eld Nary's Curse. Take Accurate, Potent and Penetrating Empower talents.

On Sasha scimitar i prefer the other upgrade, so you can use empowe every fight without resting. Other useful equipment are weyc's wand and robe for push empower even further, griffin blade for +10% spell dmg, sun and moon for +2PL frost keyworded abilities and 5% echo spell, vithrack slippers for another 5% echo, and kuaru's prize.

With this set, there is not much to do, after you cast eld nary. Just sit and watch as it's bounces all over the field for more than 200 dmg crits, and with so much PL, it bounce A LOT. Eventually cast another eld nary or animated weapons, to slay leftovers. I think you can do about 21 bounces.

Base 12 + 1 for every 2PL. So: +7PL from bellower bonus if you have max phrases (pick dragon summon, because phrases cap at most expensive invocation), +5 from empower, +1 godlike, +1 prestige passive, +2 potion of ascension, +1 eld nary at lvl20, +1 from necklace. Thats 18PL, so 9 more bounces.

Edit: I forgot about +2PL from Sun and Moon and +3 Wand of the Weyc's. Even more bounces, dmg and pen😉

Also penetration is very good and can do full damage on high frost AR foes in most cases.

Edited by Powerotti