Jump to content

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Tenray said:

Oh boy. Today I wanted to continue my run and this happened ...

I guess another RIP. Epic bugs are epic.

https://streamable.com/6w4i8

Edit: Was kinda forced to Alt + F4 and tried again but same bug occured. On my parallel run I do not get stuck there. Probably have to start all over. Savegame may be corrupted or something like that, no clue.

The Binding Web spell helps on this bridge.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Decadency said:

The Binding Web spell helps on this bridge.

Awesome, thanks. Will remember it on my next run since I disqualified myself by pressing Alt + F4. Still extremely annyoing, getting knocked out by bugs. Not really motivating ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

something i learned while futzing around with my practice run that I don't know if people know: there's an invisible timer on Kalakoth's Minor Blights for the blight being swapped out, and that timer can be extended with Salvation of Time (this is distinct from the total duration for Kalakoth's Minor Blights).

I discovered as part of a last-ditch effort to salvage my current run - I got past the Ashen Maw fights, but it was looking like a tactician/skaen just couldn't handle the fire dragon (mine spawned with Vampiric). I was basically incapable of bringing it down from Unharmed for more than a few seconds at a time due to my low PEN with spiritual weapons and their Vampiric buff. I looked at my inventory to see what options I had, saw Kalakoth's Minor Blights scroll and wondered if I could range her. In the process, I unintentionally made the frost blight last for 600s (once I started buffing with Salvation of Time the blight never switched out again). I still died that practice run (not enough buffing because I forgot about the fire dragon's mid-fight robust), but at least now I have a path forward. It's actually made me wonder if there are other places where a couple scrolls of Kalakoth's plus some RNG luck can make the fight a lot easier.

Edited by thelee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, thelee said:

not enough buffing because I forgot about the fire dragon's mid-fight robust

Why don't you continue using salvation of time during the fight? I made a macro (if I have brilliant = use salvation of time)

20 hours ago, thelee said:

(mine spawned with Vampiric)

Well this is the worst RNG :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Decadency said:

Why don't you continue using salvation of time during the fight? I made a macro (if I have brilliant = use salvation of time)

i actually thought of that last night (after having died the night before). normally i don't have the AI on during fights (only for buffing, so I don't use up my level 6 spell slots while running to the fight when i'm done buffing) because I never anticipate my 1% cloak triggering unless i'm actually going for it, but there are so many oozes pelting me in that fight that it procs actually several times throughout the fight.

once I realized that, the fight was a cinch and now have a super-clear, easily-repeatable path to be in act iv with 47 days left (with cave grub, fire dragon down). I probably didn't even need to buff for 12 minutes before hand. i don't know how much act iv time you had, but hopefully 47 days should be plenty.

 

edit - i also figured out that kalakoth's is not even RNG in what blight it spawns. it appears to go in a fixed order of fire->corrode->frost->shock->fire->etc. so i think my real run (currently sitting mid-act iii) should actually just start hoarding these to take advantage of any elemental weaknesses since it's easily controllable.

Edited by thelee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, thelee said:

edit - i also figured out that kalakoth's is not even RNG in what blight it spawns. it appears to go in a fixed order of fire->corrode->frost->shock->fire->etc. so i think my real run (currently sitting mid-act iii) should actually just start hoarding these to take advantage of any elemental weaknesses since it's easily controllable.

Shock is the best most times

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, thelee said:

edit - i also figured out that kalakoth's is not even RNG in what blight it spawns. it appears to go in a fixed order of fire->corrode->frost->shock->fire->etc. so i think my real run (currently sitting mid-act iii) should actually just start hoarding these to take advantage of any elemental weaknesses since it's easily controllable.

That is correct. It's always the same order. For example when you summon K's Blights and then immediately summon an Essential Phantom it will always use the burn version (and will hold it until the phantom vanishes or gets killes - doesn't cycle). So if you want more shock attacks you can wait until the Blights cycled to shock version, then use Salvation of Time and an Essential Phantom to have two sources of AoE shock damage for a long time.

Edited by Boeroer
ttttypos
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made an attempt at the Ultimate and I found invisible boars on the first beach - is that one of the Galawain's buffs? At first I thought it was a bug, but when I passed near them a dark smoke was activated which means it was some kind of ability... The only way to see their position was to highlight their circles...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Kaylon said:

I made an attempt at the Ultimate and I found invisible boars on the first beach - is that one of the Galawain's buffs? At first I thought it was a bug, but when I passed near them a dark smoke was activated which means it was some kind of ability... The only way to see their position was to highlight their circles...

one of the random galawain's abilities is that beasts stay stealthed until attack, and they become re-stealthed upon knocking out an ally (mostly moot for the ultimate).

metagame knowledge/rehearsal is pretty good for not being surprised by invisible beasts.

Edited by thelee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok guys. Obsidian approved my run so I'll start publishing it from tomorrow :)

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Here comes the third. There’s much stealth and a fight with the Soul Collector (just cause I have some history with Rymrgand):

Sorry about the sound. Something wrong was with my OBS.

Edited by Decadency
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

O M G. I finally made it aswell. Currently uploading my files to youtube, but it may take a while because I only have like 1.5 Mbit upload. #Feelsbadman

Ultimo.thumb.png.13d8b94202d092b4b5170fa948024b18.png

I f***ed up so hard in the end at Guardian of Ukaizo but still made it. Also my Deltro's Cage Helmet somehow bugged out and did nothing for the last part of my playthrough. Didn't work for Auranic, Ukaizo. No clue why.

For the last part I was drinking some beer with a friend because I thought it will be easy anyways. But Guardian of Ukaizo was actually tanky as hell with the Megaboss Buff, almost died to a storm aswell like a noob.... You'll see it all when I am done uploading.

I hope Obsidian will approve my run when I am done with the uploading.

Edited by Tenray
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tenray said:

O M G. I finally made it aswell. Currently uploading my files to youtube, but it may take a while because I only have like 1.5 Mbit upload. #Feelsbadman

Ultimo.thumb.png.13d8b94202d092b4b5170fa948024b18.png

I f***ed up so hard in the end at Guardian of Ukaizo but still made it. Also my Deltro's Cage Helmet somehow bugged out and did nothing for the last part of my playthrough. Didn't work for Auranic, Ukaizo. No clue why.

For the last part I was drinking some beer with a friend because I thought it will be easy anyways. But Guardian of Ukaizo was actually tanky as hell with the Megaboss Buff, almost died to a storm aswell like a noob.... You'll see it all when I am done uploading.

I hope Obsidian will approve my run when I am done with the uploading.

what class?


signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Decadency said:

Wow. Awesome! Congratulations. More results coming fast :)

Thank you, Sir. Unfortunatelly it is pretty much the same build as you did, but I honestly started playing Skaen/BM before I ever looked up what others are playing for the Ultimate. HOWEVER, I actually want to thank most of you guys, mainly those who are writing in the ultimate topic, because I took SOOO many advices and tips/help from you just by reading here the forums. 

Without these information I probably needed a couple more weeks to finish this or maybe even longer.

Big thanks to Decadency, Raven aka Victor, thelee and Kaylon. You are the ones I personally took most information from. Thanks to everyone else of course aswell that did some contribution to "The Ultimate" topic.

 

@Waski

Skaen/Bloodmage

Honestly I did so poorly on some of my parts on the playthrough .... It is actually realistic to dump down my personal routing/pathing to something between 8-9 hours playtime depending on Brillant procc AND more confidence in your buff uptime.

This is my 15th run or something like that where I RIPed always somewhere around 7-8 hours playtime, I just finally wanted to make it save ....

If I am done uploading, I'll give you the link ofc. But my internet connection is horrible as I said, it will take a while to upload.

Edited by Tenray
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tenray said:

This is my 15th run or something like that where I RIPed always somewhere around 7-8 hours playtime, I just finally wanted to make it save ....

You guys are relentless. I had a ton of fun on test run (I have ukaizo to do there with smth like 6 days left) but no way I'll try Ultimate,  so many times in Nekataka 😂 no chance, not in the summer it's to hot there this time of the year.

Congratulations to both of you @Tenray and @Decadency

eager to see some other classes...

edit. did you found picking Skaen really essential? Tbh on my test run from all  his uniqe spell only escape was useful to get to Vela ASAP sometimes

Edited by Waski
  • Like 1

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am actually so dedicated to this challenge that I will try to beat it with single class monk next.

While I was doing my Ultimate-Run I did some heavy testing at the same time with other classes for specific encounters.

Best classes/multiclasses that worked out for ME, next to Skaen/BM were: single class monk and Priest/Druid as Skaen/Ancient.

 

I will probably go for a single class monk, because I am so rid of proccing Brilliant for every single fight. Annoying as hell ...

Most dangerous encounters for a  SC monk are, IMO;

- All beast boss fights (because of random inspirations they get) esp. Jada and Belranga

- Battle Royale fight at SSS

- Ukaizo fight with 4x Megaboss-Buff can be really tough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tenray said:

I am actually so dedicated to this challenge that I will try to beat it with single class monk next.

Now we're talking, my fav class.

  • Thanks 1

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Waski said:

You guys are relentless. I had a ton of fun on test run (I have ukaizo to do there with smth like 6 days left) but no way I'll try Ultimate,  so many times in Nekataka 😂 no chance, not in the summer it's to hot there this time of the year.

Congratulations to both of you @Tenray and @Decadency

eager to see some other classes...

 

Thanks alot, Sir. My run is not officially approved because I am still uploading before I am able to send in the submit, but I can assure I haven't used any gamebreaking bugs/exploits.

If Steam isn't lying I probably spent around 150 - 200 hours for tryharding on the Ultimate + a couple of hours reading the forums for every single hint/tip I could get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Waski said:

edit. did you found picking Skaen really essential? Tbh on my test run from all  his uniqe spell only escape was useful to get to Vela ASAP sometimes

Honestly, you are right. After playing so much now ... It is really not that necessary. If you are playing as Priest/Wizard and you plan to kill Arkemyr OR to do the quest at Bekarnas Observatory anyways you can get around playing as Skaen, simply because you get an invisibility spell that is far superior to Shadowing Beyond. You can also just go for Berath to get free SoT.

However, if you would multiclass priest/x with anything else than wizard I would recommend going Skaen because Shadowing Beyond helps alot resetting combat/aggro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can just get Arkemyr’s grimoire earlier. Skaen is not required at all. 

I’ll try a different class soon but no way it’s iron trial.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also I’d say that you 100% need any invisibility before going to Nemnok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...