Yes - as I said the base invocation "The Brideman" gives proper inspirations like "Set to their Purpose also does", but weirdly enough the upgrade "Each Kill fed his Fury" gives direct attribute bonuses (no "official" inspirations). 

I don't think it's a problem with the prolonging. For example Blood Storm and Wildstrike Frenzy seem to have no problem with prolonging inspirations/other effects on crit or kill. 

Imo somebody just made a mistake when implementing the ability. Just a guess though. Anyway this seems to be the reason why that ability stacks with inspirations. Like Ben Fidel's Neck (-10 to all defenses) stacks with afflictions. Maybe same underlying stacking mechanics. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I found another interesting one I was not aware of that you can easily prolong:

Wahai Poraga Counterattack For 2.0 sec after launching attack, return 25% incoming Melee Damage to attacker as Raw Damage

Basically it may work like a permanent pain-link on yourself, could be great especially for classes playing with barring death door on and planning to get a lot of damage. I've not tested it in a fight yet but it seems to survive save/load cycles so it should work

• Like 1

You can easily prolong it with WoD (did a lot of tests with it when doing my mini-mod for the weapon) but I never tried if this persists after combat ends... 🤔 

4 hours ago, Boeroer said:

You can easily prolong it with WoD (did a lot of tests with it when doing my mini-mod for the weapon) but I never tried if this persists after combat ends... 🤔 

I triggered (hitting Vela) and prolonged it out of combat the usual way (swapping strand of favor/cabalist gambeson) so I think it should work also if triggered in standard combat

• Like 1

Right - makes perfect sense. You can attack any npc out of combat - and the effects always trigger no matter whether combat mode is active or not. 👍 

There is quite a few effects that can be triggered out of combat and will still end after combat, not saying it's the same for Counterattack cuz I haven't tested it, but for example it's what makes infinite deflection stacking with Gipon Prudensco less op, because you have to repeat it after every single fight.

Wahai Poraga Counterattack seems to stay for infinity after several battles
I think I finally found a better/reliable strategy for the battle with the Beast of Winter: using the spider's empress mandibles you get from Belranga on Vela petrifies her long enough to be able to jump with the bounding boots and have enough time to end the conversation/start the battle before Vela manages to run there, and without Vela around the fight is much easier, works better than a scroll of binding web
[EDIT] a simpler alternative is to start the conversation using the shadow form from the assassin boots, this way you don't go out of stealth when out of dialogue and you can manage to sneak with Vela to the left of the screen and better control the battle. But, as we are cheating anyway, better to keep Vela completely out of the battlefield (she stays at the other side of the chasm) using the mandibles+bounding boots

What I noticed is not staying for me is the Entropy Shield from the Chromoprismatic Quarterstaff, even after save/load it always disappears as soon as I have no more the staff equipped, while the Elemental Induction stays. If I keep the staff equipped I think Entropy Shield could be reset/restarted first time you are hit, so meh

Edited by abot
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, abot said:

Wahai Poraga Counterattack seems to stay for infinity after several battles
I think I finally found a better/reliable strategy for the battle with the Beast of Winter: using the spider's empress mandibles you get from Belranga on Vela petrifies her long enough to be able to jump with the bounding boots and have enough time to end the conversation/start the battle before Vela manages to run there, and without Vela around the fight is much easier, works better than a scroll of binding web
[EDIT] a simpler alternative is to start the conversation using the shadow form from the assassin boots, this way you don't go out of stealth when out of dialogue and you can manage to sneak with Vela to the left of the screen and better control the battle. But, as we are cheating anyway, better to keep Vela completely out of the battlefield (she stays at the other side of the chasm) using the mandibles+bounding boots

What I noticed is not staying for me is the Entropy Shield from the Chromoprismatic Quarterstaff, even after save/load it always disappears as soon as I have no more the staff equipped, while the Elemental Induction stays. If I keep the staff equipped I think Entropy Shield could be reset/restarted first time you are hit, so meh

You probably know this, but if you do the slippers cheese for conversation started fights, you can use a trap, then immediately go to your inventory and do slippers cheese again, this way you can put traps right in enemies faces without ever getting detected.

(placing the trap breaks stealth but the monster triggering it doesn't, so as long as your game isn't on fast mode and you immediately press invent button the enemy will never detect you)

This makes immobilizing vela much easier, and can to an extent also be used for fights that don't have a dialogue to start.