15 hours ago, Boeroer said:

I guess so but I would need to test that as well. I just prolonged a Bellower's +7 PL buff to 343453456346 secs or so. ;) It doesn't stack with the next one - but still it's cool to always have +7 PL for your invocations. ;)

I wonder if I can manage to prolong Whispers of the Wind's invisibility as well...

in parentheses Boeroer, as a huge fan of barbarian and blood thirst, finish a fight with this triggering passive don't clear it, juste comme ça.

On 11/30/2020 at 8:45 PM, Silvaren said:

As always I'm late for the party. I was playing other games since 2019 instead of focus on the series I really like the most in recent years. Anyway, I think now it's time to try my luck with SC Chanter but it can be hard without Withdraw.

@Raven DarkholmeVictor, I'm watching your current playthrough with several challenges. Did you give up on Ultimate? ;<

How about you,@Boeroer? I remember you mentioned that you prefer playing with party and you won't be aiming at Ultimate. Maybe something changed? There are still 2 places on the Roll of Honor iirc.

Sorry late to answer.

I haven't completely given up on it, but wasn't to keen on retrying it.

Seeing @Waski's cheese I'm wondering if I should just use strand with a different class, so I don't blatantly copy his run 😛

4 hours ago, Raven Darkholme said:

Seeing @Waski's cheese I'm wondering if I should just use strand with a different class, so I don't blatantly copy his run 😛

i mean, @Waskialready has one under their belt, right, so why not? Blow some OBS minds because I don't think it's a well-known cheese.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, thelee said:

i mean, @Waskialready has one under their belt, right, so why not? Blow some OBS minds because I don't think it's a well-known cheese.

Yes true, but Strand works very well with brilliant too and at least that way I would feel like I would do some work myself haha.

Maybe record two runs in case Vanishing strike method gets rejected cuz it smells too much like cheese. 😛

Ultimate Is more about perseverance imho. Even if somebody would copy some run 1:1 it's still a ****load of work/realods etc. Especially on stupid, simple errors(smth like 3/4 of my runs of my first attempt died because of simple ****ups or bugs). Besides there is no "ultimate" ultimate run, any of them could be improved.

• Like 2

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

Alright, since getting brilliant is less of an issue with Strand now, since you only ever have to get it once, I tried out priest/streetfighter.

I think damagewise (singletarget) nothing comes close to that combo on the ultimate (except the vanishing cheese ofc), since you only use can fists effectively with scordeos no recovery.

Deep wounds stacks like bleeding cut, the duration is somewhat short but with Scordeo's still acccumualte very big numbers quickly.

Streetfighter + low hp from bdd + death godlike for monastic + slippery mind (!!!) which also allows for shark soupis A LOT of damage.

Just had a quick testrun vs nery with almost no equip and she died faster than I could cast all my buffs (SoT on Ai and I only ever cast further buffs then bdd when I felt like enough resources had regened).

The main reason I never tried that combo before was because the only brilliant source would be from wit, but now you can just get mind over matter via cloak + fire blight and then strand cheese.

Edited by Raven Darkholme

Did anybody try if Ascension will stay active after combat so you could prolong it with Strand of Favor? +3 PL, no focus cost (but max focus), +20% damage (universal I guess) sounds not too bad to have 24/7. Disintegrates and Ringleader for free at all times and such. 

Edit: nay, it gets removed. :(

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

It has to be castable out of combat.

For example Nemnok's cloak, technically is an item buff, but because the spells it casts are combat only it won't proc out of combat if you lower your hp.

On the other hand buffs that are unique to an item usually persist after ombat ends even if you proc them in combat like Scordeo's and mind over matter.

As far as i remember this is also true for least unstable coil, it does not have to be procced out of combat, but ofc has to be kept alive till combat ends, if you want to prolong it with strand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kaylon said:

I think you can backstab yourself (🤣) using Rakhan Field Boots and lower your health enough to trigger Nemnok's buffs. I suppose it's the only BDD source for non-priests because potions of Final Stand are probably combat only...

Sadly not, I tested it and lowered myself (with spells however) and it did not trigger.

It's not a BDD but it's possible to trigger reforge the flesh(belt) and darkest before dawn(necklace) for -85% and -25% dmg with a lot of healing on top of that, I was able tu sustain Dorudugan with it. But it's kinda wonky, it looks like (from my limited testing) any recovery will be permament so blade cascade is obligatory and no weapon switching (or picking blackjacket multiclass maybe?).

Soul blade bonus is out of combat too, looks like sky is the limit for dmg of soul annihilation. Can be gained outside of combat on barrels etc.

• Like 2

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

1 hour ago, Waski said:

It's not a BDD but it's possible to trigger reforge the flesh(belt) and darkest before dawn(necklace) for -85% and -25% dmg with a lot of healing on top of that, I was able tu sustain Dorudugan with it. But it's kinda wonky, it looks like (from my limited testing) any recovery will be permament so blade cascade is obligatory and no weapon switching (or picking blackjacket multiclass maybe?).

Soul blade bonus is out of combat too, looks like sky is the limit for dmg of soul annihilation. Can be gained outside of combat on barrels etc.

Already made my alt char and gonna start my ultimate char later, today too.

There is many things to discover, sounds interesting what u found, I only found minor stuff like thiefs putty, drugs etc, but still very helpful early game. 😛

With Smoke Veil + Lover's Embrace + Gouging Strike + Brand Enemy I could kill almost everything as an Assassin/Bleak Walker in a solo run at lvl 8 or so without sweat. You just need patience. Lots of it. ;)

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

With Smoke Veil + Lover's Embrace + Gouging Strike + Brand Enemy I could kill almost everything as an Assassin/Bleak Walker in a solo run at lvl 8 or so without sweat. You just need patience. Lots of it. ;)

Yes, true, but getting to the dragon on the ultimate at that level is much harder than killing it with gouging. 😄

(Or it was until strand cheese :P)

51 minutes ago, Waski said:

it's way harder to get out that to get in with leap @Boeroer

nice to try kill it so early because if dragon spawns exalted/robust the run is rip if u want to gouge i think

Yes there are many upsides to doing it that early, you also save a lot of travel time (not that it matters too much) since you get ported back to Neketaka and you can get Scordeo's relatively soon after, and ofc brilliant from thre gods.

Yesterday before I stopped playing the testguy I was level 16 and killed the grub, by only doing the non combat neketaka quests and not even all of them, only ever did the first part of families, haha.

Edited by Raven Darkholme

1 hour ago, Waski said:

it's way harder to get out that to get in with leap @Boeroer

I forgot that you can't pause or even slow down an ultimate run. That makes it obviously a lot harder to time the leaps properly so that you don't deplete the uses. 

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

Now with the Strand-of-Favor cheese I'm really musing about letting my intitially ironic idea to complete the Ultimate with a single class Mage Slayer become a reality... 😜

As long as you can kill the bosses any class can run the ultimate now.

Assassin slippers make you perma invis, no need to even sneak around enemies. (it gets stopped by fighting or even out of combat casting/consumable use and you can't steal unless you're stealthed, but that is all extremely minor)

You always have brilliant and as @Waski pointed out, even classes without bdd can get giant damage mitigations from darkest dawn and reforge flesh. (I actually didn't test the belt myself cuz bdd on my priest, but apparently you need scordeos to get recovery).

The single class Mage slayer might be a tougher order than other classes (:P) but if you are VERY patient you could use lover's embrace at the start of a fight, then switch tobattle axe with bleeding cut and ONLY use abilites so your weapon doesn't break, should still be faster than using your fists with scordeo, idk. 😛

Alright, I made it to Ashen Maw on my Ultimate run, but to nervous for the fight rn, so I stopped.

I had a couple mishaps, most importantly I forgot to buy a blunderbuss in maje and didn't notice till after Dunnage.

This led to me not being "able" to steal from Thaenic (sure I could have used Sparkcrackers, but I only had 2 + whatever I could maybe craft and compared to shadow form its so risky lol), and since I needed that blunderbuss for shadow form after fire dragon anyway, I decided to not loot thanic yet (nothing crucial there anyway, I bought slippers and fire blight belt).

I first traveled all the way back to Hasongo (Thaenic always first spawns near Sayuka, if you take a somewhat direct route via deadlight and dunnage) to "kill" a barrel and gain my shadow form that way (original plan was to spawn a blight on thaenics ship), I made sure to consume drug, thief's putty and oil of allure before barrel, cuz consuming breaks shadow form, then after shadow form was up 100x necklace spam for duration 😛 (prolly could get away with less before fire dragon, but not that much less cuz its multiplicative, so might as well).

After that I tried to go towards Thaenic who I last saw heading towards Crookspur, but he was lost in the fog and I had no idea where exactly he was and made the mistake of going to Crookspur first, which in the end made theanic go all the way towards Dunnage and out of my immediate reach, so now I'm a lot poorer than I wanted to be, but it doesn't really matter.

Crookspur with shadow form is even easier than regular crookspur, stealth is only needed for stealing and detection goes down immediately, otherwise you can just run around unstealthed and even bump into enemies as long as you don't actively do a hostile action enemies will be blind. (Luckily there is a blunderbuss in Crookspur main slavers office next to large shield)

Before Ashen maw I was so nervous that I unintentionally ran into a storm, luckily I had LLengreth AND a water spell (I think Wael priests get it for free, don't remember picking it up) so it was not dangerous, however it wasted a couple of days on timer. (On my testchar I had 63 days left after fire dragon, so I'd say there is A LOT of breathing room for little mishaps)

• Like 1