TV and Streaming: The Thread

Amentep

A few years old now, but JMS doing a Con-talk. What's interesting is the 27-28 minute mark, where he talks about the B5 cast members they've lost, and reasons behind who they were, and what happened with them. 

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

lebron might wanna stick to his taco tuesday crusade.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Its slightly old but Im very excited about the new HBO Watchmen :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I've been watching NWA Powerrr (yes, with 3 Rs, don't ask me, I don't know why) on YouTube. It's a brand new 30 year old studio wrestling show, is the best way I can describe it in a sentence. So, when Billy Corgan (yes, that Billy Corgan) bought the National Wrestling Alliance a couple years ago, I didn't think much of it; the NWA, while it did technically still exist, had been basically dead for decades. I was super wrong because first he did a terrific job of making the NWA Heavyweight Championship actually mean something again with the 10 Pounds of Gold YouTube video series and now, more recently, he and Dave Lagana launched NWA Powerrr, a 1 hour weekly studio wrestling show straight out of the 80s that first airs on Tuesday at 6:05 pm EST (Turner Time!), but you can watch it whenever after that. It's amazingly 80s, cheesy in just the right ways without being cringe. It's such a perfect recreation of 80s studio wrestling, right down to the ring apron, the on screen graphics, the way the announce desk (with Jim Cornette on color!) and the podium where they conduct interviews are right next to the ring. They nailed the vibe so unbelievably perfectly that I couldn't believe my eyes, just sat there for an hour with a goofy smile on my face. It's like I traveled back in time 30 years. They even had an AMAZING ad with "The Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol, and holy smokes Austin Idol is still phenomenal. Oh, and this is the show's theme song:

The fact that a show like this exists in 2019 makes me so ****ing happy! :wub:

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I like Paul Rudd. Therefore, I tried netflix's "Living With Yourself" because, hey, twice the Paul Rudd! (eight 30ish minute episodes).

...the first couple of episodes were ok, moments of dark (?) humor, satire, middle-age and identity pathos/crisis, and of course, Paul Rudd showing off his skills in a dual role. The show has fairly good reviews but I dunno, I wasn't feeling it all that much. I can see where the reviews are coming from, however. Maybe I was just too sleepy. Or I expected to chuckle a bit more. Not sure.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

just found The Expanse, binge watched whole first series, I can't believe i didn't found it sooner, best sci-fy i have seen so far

• Like 2

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

The GoT prequel about the White Walkers/ 1st Long Night has been canned. Not massively surprising given how much the whole White Walker issue was butchered in S8 and how badly that undermined the premise of and potential interest in that prequel. Development of the other proposed prequel series (Targaryens) is continuing.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kirottu said:

Of all the angry white men Bill Burr is my favourite. And in space he has three more lasers!

who?

*shrug* 

our recollection is that the guy from netflix's narcos, who also played oberyn in the tv got, is the titular character, but clear the selling point o' the trailer were werner herzog. kinda looking forward to giancarlo esposito too.

am an admitted ambivalent star wars fan, but am looking forward to this more than the upcoming star wars movie. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Happy they discarded the "Long Night" HBO series. Seemed very uninteresting, and didn't really have much basis in anything GRRM has written.

The new show, "House of the Dragon", apparently based on the Dance of Dragons sequence in Fire & Blood, could potentially be good. The recipe is there, they just gotta adapt it properly, and keep David & Dan far away from it.

Edit: When I think about it, their cooking was fine when they followed the recipe.

--

Mandalorian also looking good. I could listen to Werner Herzog for hours.

Edited by Maedhros

Well, at least he didn't go full Batman on the voice.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Watched this years' Twilight Zone reboot with Jordan Peele. Had a few good episodes, but... Let's put it this way, you guys know me, some of you have called me an SJW. Right? Well, this show was too freaking preachy for me. Some episodes I was like "jesus, I get it, I agree with your point on racism/gun control/consumerism/toxic masculinity/immigration but could you not hit me in the face with a sledgehammer with it printed on it?" I mean, some anvils need to be dropped but a little subtlety goes a long way.

Yes True, come to the dark side xD

• Haha 3

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"