What you did Today: The Story of you

Amentep

I built my solar food dryer yesterday. It came out pretty good I must say. I bought a bag of fuji apples from Kroger to try it out today. The weather is perfect for it. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Back from the Funeral. Biggest thing much fighting and my brother was an **** (he declared himself the "better son" and did his best to steal anything I looked at Inherentence wise).

Did learn of the Ida May Project to rebuild my great Grandfather's boat, back from when he ran an oyster farm.

http://www.idamayproject.org/

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Had one of those long weekends. Took Friday off work, had all sorts of plans and things to get done.

Then just that constant stream of petty, minor mechanical issues cropping up to nearly everything I was doing.  I mean, sure, we all get those "5 minute job that ends up taking an hour because x happened", that's part and parcel of life. But good grief, EVERYTHING this weekend was that. I'm almost looking forward to Monday for the love of life.
With the way Murphy has been riding everything creative I've tried doing this weekend, I've decided against cooking flapjack cookies and pondering on a deep bath, and/or watching Dollhouse on Amazon Prime instead.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

After staring at my butterfly chrysalis for what feels like a few weeks and wondering about the coming cool weather, I finally bothered to look up info on this stage of W. Tiger Swallowtail. Apparently if it's late in the season (Fall) and it's brown/woody looking instead of green, it won't emerge until Spring.   😑

Mine doesn't look quite as "woody" as in 'net pictures but it hasn't putrefied or dried out so I'm running on the assumption it's still viable.

So I guess onto a shelf w/indirect sunlight it goes and I'll check it once a week or so until Feb. If I don't forget. :P

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Have some people I know attending Anachro-Con in Georgia this coming February, and got an invite along to catch up with them. So I decided to take time off work and book a flight over the pond for it. Of course, not originally paying attention to the specific date until after I said I'd go, I've suddenly realised it's that whole 14th-16th February Valentines Weekend... and one of those people is an ex of mine. So that might be a little quirky.

Still, steampunk ahoy and all that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

It's a planned hit.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I have some family members flying to London in a few days so they staying in Cpt for 2 days or so...we have to take them out as good families do. I dont mind as they normally pay for everything ;)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

The last Android system update on my Galaxy Tab sucks. Not that that's surprising.

Nuked some leftover food from someone hubby knows, some kind of spicy pork mixture "Mexican" style over rice. The pork was probably marinated before being cooked (salt), the rice was soaked in some kind of tomato-y soup based broth (salt) and green olives (salt) and the pork stew-like sauce seemed to have extra (salt) as well. So while the flavor overall was ok, and I have a fairly high tolerance for salty in general, it was way too salty even for me.

I ate it anyway because it was easier than cooking.  *facebloat*

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

You guys remember that rooster I was going to cook but couldn't do it?  I named him Duke because he struts around like John Wayne. He still seems to like me and follows me all over the yard. Well, he figured out to use the doggie door. When I got home from work last night guess who was in the house.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Gasp! 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

My much anticipated Metallica concert at the end of this month got cancelled. James Hetfield sent to rehab. Now torn between getting a refund or hang on to the tickets and wait for a replacement date to be announced at some distant future time.

• Sad 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 10:20 AM, Hurlshot said:

Heh, depending on how the house looked, chicken might be back on the menu. :p

He did poop everywhere. The dogs are scared to death of him.

Thomas Sowell

Working late from home tonight. Preparing some info for the SA. Some lawsuit over waterway dredging. Boring stuff.

Thomas Sowell

This weekend my wife did her 2nd triathlon. It was part of a mermaid series that is mostly all women and is very friendly and less competitive, so it was a neat change of pace from some of the events I did this summer. She is still getting comfortable with the swim, and this one was around a pier in the ocean. I was able to walk along the pier as she swam, and it was pretty funny hearing her voice carry across the water as she talked to people while side stroking. I mean, conversational pace is a good goal to have when doing endurance sports, but typically the swim is pretty quiet. But she got it done and kicked butt on the rest of the race. 🏊‍♂️ 

• Like 4

When Amazon Fresh has been "out" of a lot of your regular stuff all week and you have to actually go to the store.

Also, those Sleep Number beds are weird things. Probably better for your back if you're a back sleeper but not so great for side-sleepers (they feel too "rolly" when on your side no matter the setting).  I've had cheap air mattresses with foam toppers on top that were almost as good. And if both sides are at very different settings there's a weird/uncomfy middle line difference (queen size). If I was hubby I wouldn't keep the thing, at least not for the price paid. I often don't sleep in the same room these days  (I stay up late/weird hours + he snores at deafening decibels and flails around so much he's hit me in the spine and face a few times :P ) so it's up to him.

• Like 1

Been watching Godfrey Ho movies on Youtube...for some reason

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

10 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Vet appointment Thursday morning. Dog has a large bump on her right cheek and I'm really hoping it isn't another tumor.

Good luck to her!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Vet appointment Thursday morning. Dog has a large bump on her right cheek and I'm really hoping it isn't another tumor.

Good luck and God bless

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

On 10/3/2019 at 2:02 AM, BruceVC said:

I have some family members flying to London in a few days so they staying in Cpt for 2 days or so...we have to take them out as good families do. I dont mind as they normally pay for everything ;)

London has some excellent Fish & Chips! :p

Just kidding, one of the few things I miss from the greater London area is the variety of restaurants and take-aways.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein