What you did Today: The Story of you

Amentep

On other matters, I had left the printer running for the day, so I came home to a finished piece.

The project is now looking a bit more substantial:

Armour_Torso.thumb.jpg.6711093a85eaafecd522ad189ddc0265.jpg

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Funny thing happened at work today. We were talking about the Apollo Moon landings and the hazards of it. One of my colleagues was talking about the Van Allen belts only he called he called it the Van Halen belts. Nobody caught it but me. I almost choked on my coffee. I excused myself and walked away singing "Panama". About a minute later he realized what I was doing and busted out laughing.  

• Haha 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

We've been making pizzas on the grill for the last couple of nights. My wife's favorite is white pizza with thick slices of fresh mozzarella and a smattering of goat cheese, figs, black garlic, caramelized onion, and drizzled with balsamic vingeger (which I call ball-slamic and it cracks me up to no end). It smells pretty good but I've not dared to try it as I've not been able to eat much solid food for the past couple of weeks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

I'm home for a few days and enjoying the surprisingly mild weather. Low to mid 80s with moderate humidity is about the best you can expect in July here in the Charlotte area.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

5 hours ago, ShadySands said:

We've been making pizzas on the grill for the last couple of nights. My wife's favorite is white pizza with thick slices of fresh mozzarella and a smattering of goat cheese, figs, black garlic, caramelized onion, and drizzled with balsamic vingeger (which I call ball-slamic and it cracks me up to no end). It smells pretty good but I've not dared to try it as I've not been able to eat much solid food for the past couple of weeks.

That pizza sounds delicious, you just need to add some meat to enhance its flavor..maybe bacon and or prosciutto? 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Recieved my paycheck. Got paid for 4.5h out of 10h overtime I worked. To be honest though it should be 30min each and every day because I can't have my mandatory break, can't even go and take a dump because someone might sneak in.

• Haha 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

58 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

Recieved my paycheck. Got paid for 4.5h out of 10h overtime I worked. To be honest though it should be 30min each and every day because I can't have my mandatory break, can't even go and take a dump because someone might sneak in.

But you get free coffee, thats a HUGE company perk. Its better than getting money because now you dont have to pay for the coffee 8)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

True, I do save atleast 5$ every day, I can't deny that. :p 

I'll have to drink a quite hefty amount of coffee to reach the 250$ the owe me..

• Thanks 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

2 minutes ago, Azdeus said:

True, I do save atleast 5$ every day, I can't deny that. :p 

I'll have to drink a quite hefty amount of coffee to reach the 250$ the owe me..

Geeeeeeez Azdeus, you Swedes are hardcore Capitalists...not everything is about money you know  💵 🏦

John Milton 

I actually wholeheartedly agree, but a megacorp doesn't have the right to my spare time for free :bat:

• Like 2

So, yes. I was asked about Necromunda in the old thread but the lock beat me.

I, indeed, play with Escher as my main gang. I’m also the campaign arbitrator, so I have genestealers, squat venators and soon will have enforcers I use occasionally in that role.

Two weeks from holidays, looking forward to a break. Now watching Firefox. Cold War ftw.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

On 7/17/2019 at 3:07 AM, ShadySands said:

My wife has been making fun of me because every song I sing to our son ends with "       in a half shell, turtle power."  

Splinter taught them to be ninja teens!

Leonardo leads, Donatello does machines,

Raphael is cool but rude *give me a break*

Michelangelo is the party dude *tada!*

Got the whole 80s series on DvD and slowly watching it.

• Haha 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I went for drinks with a lady friend to celebrate the end of a good week at work and she suggested we go to  this new Korean restaurant , it was a really great dining experience because the theme of the restaurant is everything you order comes in relatively small portions but you cook everything yourself on a personal grill in the middle of the table. Also great variety of unusual good, I ordered Zebra and Wildebeest as part of meals   🍛

http://galbi.co.za/

John Milton 

39 minutes ago, TrueNeutral said:

Getting new stuff: Awesome

Getting new stuff when living in a fourth floor apartment: Not as awesome

*passes out*

I was at my favorite local bar last night  where I generally meet people because I tend to talk to people at the bar and people are really friendly in this area in Cpt

Anyway I met a couple who were from  the Netherlands, they were on there last day in SA after a 1 month holiday in SA. But what nice people., we really connected and it was not just the copious alcohol. The guy works in spacial planning and once he explained why its relevant in the Netherlands it made such sense, what an interesting career

His girlfriend is a journalist and came from a village that has only 200 people, she told me she use to cycle 20 km each day to school

She also had the most stunning blue eyes. One of the topics we discussed was " what is considered national  food "  in our countries. They claimed  Netherlands doesnt have a real local food, they mentioned some sort of meatballs...is this true from what you know? What would be considered Dutch authentic food ?

John Milton 

I assume they are referring to "Bitterballen", which is a fried ball of breadcrumb filled with meat ragout. They're delicious. Other than that, a very Dutch thing to do is put chocolate sprinkles on bread and we have, of course, "Stroopwafels".

For traditional meal food, we do this thing where we take boiled potatoes and a vegetable (such as kale or sauerkraut), add some tiny bits of bacon and/or ham and then SMASH THE ****ING **** OUT OF IT until it's a big mush. I hate it. It is usually served with smoked sausage.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TrueNeutral said:

Getting new stuff: Awesome

Getting new stuff when living in a fourth floor apartment: Not as awesome

*passes out*

No home delivery service around?

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Now food snobs are packing heat.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I spent the lat four days camping, swimming and fishing with the pups on some real estate I bought near Realfoot Slough and Indian Creek in north TN. No phone, no internet, no music and no news. Turned it on for the first time today and wish I hadn't. Mass shooting at a fair in CA, the President is really insulting an entire US city, and the Rays lost three out of four. If I ver disappear from these boards don't worry about me... I just went off grid permanently. 

• Sad 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Listening to Nightwish on full blast and sitting on my ass. On my 6th cup of coffee and have problably had ten cigarettes so far. Disappointed in the cigarettes not killing me yet. -.-

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Azdeus said:

Listening to Nightwish on full blast and sitting on my ass. On my 6th cup of coffee and have problably had ten cigarettes so far. Disappointed in the cigarettes not killing me yet. -.-

You should listen to the Max Payne soundtrack instead 😛

• Thanks 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That's not a bad suggestion! 😄