Politics: The Final Frontier

Amentep

I believe  "current state of US politics" refers to the limited period between 1776 and 2061.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

It will finally fall after an astounding victory by Maxwell the Insane in the Vaulted Metal Structure of Lightning, during the great dust bowl wars of 2061.

Heja Sverige!!

Seems like Epstein's death is more due to incompetence.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

6 hours ago, napefochest said:

Why does everyone conveniently forget the "illegal" part of illegal immigration?

Hi diddly ho neighborino, I asked the same exact question on page 2 😉. The answer is that there is no such thing as illegal immigration. Further, it has been revealed that immigration policies are created for nothing more that nationalism and we should let every man, woman and child into our country because its totes GREAT for the economy and all the countries in the world purposely shoot themselves in the foot to avoid prosperity. True story. :yes:

I know I have gone over this like a billion times, but it is not a criminal offense to be in the country illegally. It is civil. So yeah, it is also illegal to jaywalk. Also we are regularly shifting immigration laws in this country, so it shouldn't be a surprise that it is a complicated issue, instead of the black and white one so many people seem to think it is.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HoonDing said:

Illegals wouldn't even be a blip on the radar if they came from countries like Norway, rather than ****hole countries. Just like it's written on the Statue of Liberty.

I am aghast! Its an established FACT that every. single. immigrant. is a boon to their destination country.

I am interested in these "regularly shifting immigration laws". Linky?

To be fair, free movement of capital is one of the factors behind current migratory flows. Allowing free movement of labor within the EU hasn't raised living standards of burger flippers and ditch diggers uniformly throughout the union either, but having one without the other is kind of having your cake and eating it too.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

11 hours ago, napefochest said:

Why does everyone conveniently forget the "illegal" part of illegal immigration?

gifted asked same not long ago, and gd smacked him with the rolled newspaper.  thought the lesson were driven home. silly o' us.

regardless, you are gonna need be specific. who is "everyone" and what specific issue are you speaking 'bout? regardless o' legality o' presence in the USA, all human beings is afforded a few basic rights by the US Constitution. one reason why a number o' administrations, democrat and republican, kept guantanamo viable as a detention facility is 'cause it were arguable not in the US. non-citizens who were held outside o' the US were having less/no rights, or so the argument were presented. but step foot in US and those Constitutional protections would immediate kick in and take effect, protecting due process rights and other such defenses. so an immigrant who manages to make it to the US, legal or otherwise, gots basic rights. am not certain why folks convenient forget that fact.

also, as hurl points out, the immigrants is being held for civil offenses. is on par with minor traffic violations. hit and run and reckless driving is criminal, but minor traffic infractions is civil... and so too is illegal border crossing. so akin to parking or speeding ticket... but no more than 10 mph over the speed limit as that often is the point when excess o' speed triggers reckless. 

'course even the most hardcore natavits who has at least a couple firing neurons would balk at making border violations criminal. why? 'cause then you gotta give accused illegal immigrants criminal trial protection such a speedy trial and lawyer and jury. at the moment, you got thousand and thousands o' backlogged cases-- years o' backlog. toddlers is being ushered into immigration courts where judges s'posed explain to the child their rights and responsibilities. 

this ain't a joke, and it happens daily... many times a day.

am thinking far too many people have no idea what "illegal immigrant" means insofar as legal rights is concerned, or they is convenient forgetting.

maybe you don't like the Constitution? you are welcome to try and change it.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Daww, look at his little confused face! :lol: But that's what Im saying, lil g, borders and laws are for chumps and nationalists. If we would just throw open our doors we could alleviate the slight discomfort that thousands and thousands of pie faced toddlers are experiencing when breaking unjust and cruel laws. :yes:

"Slight discomfort"? Holy hell.

Heja Sverige!!

Are you serious or trolling.

Heja Sverige!!

Im asking you to explain your incredulous response to "slight discomfort". :shrugz: Unless youre also going to claim that these downtrodden future Americans thought that as soon as they jumped the fence that they would be given a modest 3 bedroom / 2 bath ranch house out in the suburbs? Obviously they are aware and willing to brave the gauntlet to get out of their ****hole countries and make it to the second greatest nation on Earth (just behind China), so even our concentration camps are better than wherever they are coming from.

Hohoho, the sky is truly falling! Ill try to address them in the two points they try to make: 1) Child separations; no mention of "how long" of a separation is required to cause irreversible brain damage, but apparently its measured in hours or days? Bummer.  2) Inhumane conditions: that article is so stupid and sensationalist it almost caused my PC to become sentient and self format the C drive.

But lets not let that get in the way of conversation! Why do you suppose immigrants keep flocking to this land? Are they masochist who want to go to "torture facilities" that cause "intentional mental and emotional abuse"? Do they hate their children? Fake news?