Politics: The Final Frontier

Amentep

I think it's interesting this raid happened directly after the firm lost a sexual harassment lawsuit for a few million. 

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

10 hours ago, Skarpen said:

Shame the guy didn't get killed, would be a better lesson for such stunts.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

From my experience, it certainly is plausible that US Customs agents are Nazi scumbags.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Dura lex, sed lex, I guess.

No actual person at Twitter suspended Moscow Mitch's account.   It was a pre-defined algorithm that automated the process of suspending account. 

Twitter set up some conditions and rules that identify abusive behaviors online, and put those conditions and rules into an algorithm and automated process.   Some of those conditions and rules could be making bigoted, racist or sexist comments.   If a user met those conditions and committed those pre-defined abusive behaviors - and it did not matter if he was  "left" or "right", then the algorithm would automatically suspend his account. 

That was what happened to Moscow Mitch.  The only reason why there seems to be a "bias towards conservative" is because it has been conservatives who are frequently meeting those conditions, breaking those rules, and committed those abusive behaviors.  If you do not want Twitter being "biased" against you, then stop being an arse on Twitter.

Edited by ktchong

1 hour ago, ktchong said:

Twitter set up some conditions and rules that identify abusive behaviors online, and put those conditions and rules into an algorithm and automated process.   Some of those conditions and rules could be making bigoted, racist or sexist comments.   If a user met those conditions and committed those pre-defined abusive behaviors - and it did not matter if he was  "left" or "right", then the algorithm would automatically suspend his account. 

Except that those algorithms suddenly stop working when it's lunatic Sarsour or liberal pedowood star making abusive, racist or xenophobic tweets. Heck, there were cases in which people were banned for retweeting the abusive tweet, but the original tweet stayed on.

166215__front.jpg

"No actual person at Twitter suspended Moscow Mitch's account.   It was a pre-defined algorithm that automated the process of suspending account. 

That was what happened to Moscow Mitch.  The only reason why there seems to be a "bias towards conservative" is because it has been conservatives who are frequently meeting those conditions, breaking those rules, and committed those abusive behaviors.  If you do not want Twitter being "biased" against you, then stop being an arse on Twitter."

You believe that poppy****? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Boycott Twitter! I’ve been doing it since there was a twitter. Pretty much every other social media platform too. Well I guess that’s not true. I’ve had a couple of Facebook accounts for specific business ventures I’ve been involved in. The one actually associated with my name is barely used. Just so I can play chess for free. 

In all seriousness though I really don’t get how abuse from Facebook, Twitter, or any of the rest of that crowd can actually be called censorship in the context of the first amendment. They are not government entities. You are using their bandwidth. For free I might add. That is their sandbox and they can shut you down for any reason or no reason. That does not make it censorship.  Obsidian can tell any of the moderators to ban any of us for any reason whatsoever. It’s their website they can do as they please with it. They can shut the whole forum down. Free-speech is violated when armed agents of the government show up and take you away for writing something they didn’t like on the web. Or in newsprint. Or standing on a soapbox in the park screaming it out.  

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

1 hour ago, Guard Dog said:

In all seriousness though I really don’t get how abuse from Facebook, Twitter, or any of the rest of that crowd can actually be called censorship in the context of the first amendment. They are not government entities. You are using their bandwidth. For free I might add. That is their sandbox and they can shut you down for any reason or no reason. That does not make it censorship.  Obsidian can tell any of the moderators to ban any of us for any reason whatsoever. It’s their website they can do as they please with it. They can shut the whole forum down. Free-speech is violated when armed agents of the government show up and take you away for writing something they didn’t like on the web. Or in newsprint. Or standing on a soapbox in the park screaming it out.  

Does it have to be illegal or First Amendment violation to be called censorship? I think not. And people have the right to criticize private companies for their policies, call them out about their practices and make demands on changing those. 

166215__front.jpg

1 hour ago, Guard Dog said:

Boycott Twitter! I’ve been doing it since there was a twitter. Pretty much every other social media platform too. Well I guess that’s not true. I’ve had a couple of Facebook accounts for specific business ventures I’ve been involved in. The one actually associated with my name is barely used. Just so I can play chess for free. 

You think they'd just make their own version of Twitter rather than cry about it.

Related - https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/09/tech/white-house-social-media-executive-order-fcc-ftc/index.html

7 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

10 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Really interesting indeed. What now? The case is dead?

166215__front.jpg