Politics: The Final Frontier

Amentep

I don't think Trump is in any real danger of impeachment. Not now anyway. While he has been a bad actor nothing rises to "high crimes and misdemeanors" IMO.  Such an action would utterly destroy the Dems shots at 2020 unless they had a literal smoking gun. And here is the thing: if they proceed anyway no president will ever be safe again facing a hostile congress. Impeachment proceeding will begin the day after the Congress is sworn in beginning a never ending tit-for-tat until we really do become the laughingstock banana republic some people already think we are. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Just now, TrueNeutral said:

Just to be clear, we all know the whole racism thing was orchestrated to take attention away from the fact that Trump almost certainly raped underage girls with Jeffrey Epstein, right?

No, I dont think that is accurate

His latest antics are a distraction but I haven't heard anyone suggest he raped underage girls. This is about the Mueller report and just solidifying support with his base

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Hmmm... maybe, maybe not. All the is known is they were associated n the '90's and sometime in the late '90's early 2000's they had some kind of falling out that led to Epstein being banned from Mar Lago. Rumor has it Epstein raped/propositioned/etc on of the staff but no one knows. Bill Clinton is much more at risk from Epstein because he was a frequent guest up until recently.  Hard to say what comes of this. Usually Democrats won't eat their own. They might sacrifice Clinton to get Trump if the choice s presented. We'll have to wait and see on this one

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

12 hours ago, smjjames said:

I thought you meant prepare for/take advantage of as in doing or planning on doing shady corrupt stuff to take advantage of the situation corruptly.

I'm sure there is some of that too but not what I was getting at.

Thomas Sowell

People can't just ignore a troll.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, TrueNeutral said:

Just to be clear, we all know the whole racism thing was orchestrated to take attention away from the fact that Trump almost certainly raped underage girls with Jeffrey Epstein, right?

Or taking attention away from starting a new war. But really, if it came out he did everything Epstein did or faked an attack to invade some country I honestly doubt his supporters would care and we'd see either justification or denial like we've seen for everything else.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

2 hours ago, TrueNeutral said:

Funny how a long time Democrats sweetheart, friend and donor is somehow Trumps problem now. Because some quote from years ago. We all know if someone was involved with Epstein it's Clinton and legion of other Democrat "feminists". Because we all know why leftist PC guys are all about:

Edited by Skarpen

166215__front.jpg

40 minutes ago, Skarpen said:

Funny how a long time Democrats sweetheart, friend and donor is somehow Trumps problem now. Because some quote from years ago. We all know if someone was involved with Epstein it's Clinton and legion of other Democrat "feminists". Because we all know why leftist PC guys are all about:

I think you're missing the sarcasm and/or humor here at least by a bit.

1 hour ago, KaineParker said:

Or taking attention away from starting a new war. But really, if it came out he did everything Epstein did or faked an attack to invade some country I honestly doubt his supporters would care and we'd see either justification or denial like we've seen for everything else.

I agree here, tribalism all the way down.

2 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

Usually Democrats won't eat their own.

Usually, but they were gnawing at each other just recently until Trump tried to join in.

2 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

Thousands Protest in PR Over Offensive Chat.

Too bad they didn't turn out to help unload the ports and airstrips full of relief supplies that went to waste.  :lol:

In my understanding people didn't know there was supplies in ports and airstrip and nobody was asked to help to unload those supplies or even notified that those supplies were delivered.  

• Hmmm 1

50 minutes ago, Elerond said:

In my understanding people

Elerond !!! Stop spreading gossip and misinformation....remember we dont do that in the interests of robust debate :biggrin:

Provide links to support your understanding so we can review your point 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

7 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

Hmmm... maybe, maybe not. All the is known is they were associated n the '90's and sometime in the late '90's early 2000's they had some kind of falling out that led to Epstein being banned from Mar Lago. Rumor has it Epstein raped/propositioned/etc on of the staff but no one knows. Bill Clinton is much more at risk from Epstein because he was a frequent guest up until recently.  Hard to say what comes of this. Usually Democrats won't eat their own. They might sacrifice Clinton to get Trump if the choice s presented. We'll have to wait and see on this one

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/22/jeffrey-epsteins-black-book-trump-clintons-prince-andrew.html

"The "black book" of Jeffrey Epstein, a wealthy financier and now-accused child sex trafficker, is a smorgasbord of high-profile, powerful people, including Presidents Donald Trump and Bill Clinton, Britain's Prince Andrew and former Prime Minister Tony Blair, and convicted sex assailant and comedian Bill Cosby, Epstein's former neighbor.

Also in Epstein's address book is supermarket mogul Ron Burkle, Clinton's daughter Chelsea Clinton, former Secretaries of State Henry Kissinger and John Kerry, late Saudi arms dealer Adnan Khashoggi, and media titan Rupert Murdoch, New York magazine noted in a new article."

If all of these people were actually involved (and just to be clear, the fact that they're named in a book of contacts does not prove it in of itself - it's unlikely every kind of relationship Epstein had was for the same purpose, after all), I would literally not regret it for even a moment if they all went to prison. I guess it's too late for Khashoggi and Bill Cosby, but yeah.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-twitter-the-squad-racist-justice-stevens-congresswomen-border-a9015936.html

Keeps tossing those flashbangs.  Wish he'd try harder with the insults though, it's like stuff you get from 10 year olds in an FPS.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That's not fair to 10 year olds.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

5 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Elerond !!! Stop spreading gossip and misinformation....remember we dont do that in the interests of robust debate :biggrin:

Provide links to support your understanding so we can review your point 

It is in original articles that told about those supplies that were left to rot 

https://abcnews.go.com/US/thousands-water-bottles-meant-puerto-ricos-hurricane-maria/story?id=57782040

At least a thousand pallets of water bottles, meant for Hurricane Maria survivors, were left to rot under the Puerto Rican sun.

That is what Angelo Cruz Ramos, the mayor of Ceiba, told ABC News about what happened to thousands and thousands of water bottles that are sitting on the tarmac at the former naval base, Roosevelt Roads.

Cruz Ramos did not know the water was there and only found out when the images, posted to Facebook on Sept. 11, went viral, he said. The area is a restricted zone, so he is not been able to approach it.

Edited by Elerond
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Elerond said:

It is in original articles that told about those supplies that were left to rot 

https://abcnews.go.com/US/thousands-water-bottles-meant-puerto-ricos-hurricane-maria/story?id=57782040

At least a thousand pallets of water bottles, meant for Hurricane Maria survivors, were left to rot under the Puerto Rican sun.

That is what Angelo Cruz Ramos, the mayor of Ceiba, told ABC News about what happened to thousands and thousands of water bottles that are sitting on the tarmac at the former naval base, Roosevelt Roads.

Cruz Ramos did not know the water was there and only found out when the images, posted to Facebook on Sept. 11, went viral, he said. The area is a restricted zone, so he is not been able to approach it.

Water doesn't rot....

Still, even if you hire 100,000 volunteers, it does no good unless you tell them where to go and deliver the supplies. Mismanagement and mis-logisticing was the problem behind it, not a lack of volunteers.

1 minute ago, smjjames said:

Water doesn't rot....

Still, even if you hire 100,000 volunteers, it does no good unless you tell them where to go and deliver the supplies. Mismanagement and mis-logisticing was the problem behind it, not a lack of volunteers.

If you leave it in outside for months bacteria will start to grow in it and it becomes undrinkable

As was case with these bottles as mentioned in the article which I linked

"Because the bottled water has been under the sun for months, all the water is contaminated and is not suitable for consumption, Cruz Ramos said."

Pallets of water bottles left out in the sun is not good on its own. It starts to taste plasticy, if that's a real word. Story was that the water left out in the heat for long periods of time would start to leech toxins from the plastic.

I'm not science man so I don't know if that's accurate but the taste definitely changes.

Free games updated 3/4/21

I'd suspect that's the contamination they'd be worried about too. It's been pretty difficult to prove any practical effects of leachate- even the effects of something prominent like BPA/ bisphenol A is controversial- but it's a stupid risk to take without very good reason. UV, heat and plastic is potentially a nasty combination.

The bacteria would be a much bigger and more immediate concern though.

Anyways, on the earlier discussion about the debt, Trump (assuming he wins in 2020) looks set to baloon the deficit through 2021. Though it's not a done deal until he actually signs it.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/22/white-house-congress-budget-deal-1425192
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/22/deficit-don-budget-red-ink-trump-1426696
https://www.politico.com/newsletters/playbook-pm/2019/07/22/how-the-budget-deal-could-sail-or-sink-460507

Tick tock tick tock tick tock....

Thomas Sowell