Politics: The Final Frontier

Amentep

Last Thread:

45 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

😄  😄....I love it when you crack jokes on this forum Zora, sometimes levity breaks the ostensibly serious nature of political debates 

You cant possibly expect anyone but a Christian\Roman Catholic  to become president in the USA, it has nothing to do with reasonableness or intolerance and this applies to all countries outside the USA where you have a  religious demographic majority. For example you wont ever  see a Christian ruling any Muslim country or India for that matter and thats okay, its what we would expect to see. A person from a minority religion in the majority of countries can become a mayor or a politician but not the president 

Personally I would vote for an atheist or agnostic but for many people, considering how many legitimate  factors  are normally and or  automatically  dichotomous in politics,to suggest  someone who is not Christian\Roman Catholic would ever become USA president is just a pipe dream 

As I have said before when I see Christians elected to govern countries where they are the minority then I would concede this may be achievable in some Western Democracies :-

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

And now ladies and gentlemen, your 2020 US Libertarian Party Presidential news flash:

don-quixote.jpg

The first LP Presidential debate was held last night by the MA LP Party at a facility... well... not really sure where. Not like it got any TV coverage. Or news coverage. But, I assume it was somewhere in Massachusetts. The debate featured three legit candidates for the nomination and one guy who ran out of gas nearby and stopped in looking for change. It turns out the four candidates spent the evening mainly talking about Justin Amash whose absence was notable... and also easily explained by the fact he is in Washington DC working and he's not running for the LP, or any other, nomination.

The four candidates are:

1. Kimberly Ruff: Kim has never held elected office but figured f--k go for the biggest one without any experience. What could go wrong? https://ruffphillips2020.com/
  2. Adam Kokesh: A longtime party ne'er do well. Not without a history of stupid comments and unworkable ideas: http://www.votevohra.com/#meet-arvin
  3. Max Abramson: New Hampshire State Rep, LP darling, convicted felon (not for something bad) and probably the most qualified candidate on the list. He's actually been elected to something. http://www.maxabramson.org/
  4. Dan Behrman: Never heard of him. I really hope he didn't pay anyone to build his website. If he did he was ripped off. https://behrman2020.com/

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

2 hours ago, smjjames said:

Not sure why you guys are still creating a new one when it gets around 30-40 pages, you don't need to do that anymore.

Because we have been asked to do so.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

2 hours ago, smjjames said:

Not sure why you guys are still creating a new one when it gets around 30-40 pages, you don't need to do that anymore.

It's policy caused by the powerful Online Moderators Lobby to make work for their members.

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 minute ago, smjjames said:

Fair enough then.

lol

Also dont you appreciate being able to find my erudite  and insightful posts quicker...this way you dont need to go back pages and pages to find answers :teehee:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

47 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Also dont you appreciate being able to find my erudite  and insightful posts quicker...

Meh, I'll take humorous sarcasm any day

• Haha 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-says-progressive-congresswomen-should-go-back-where-they-came-n1029676

Im sure most people are aware of  this latest Trump story where he  said 4 congresswomen must "  go back where they came from "

My question is do you think its racist? I am not sure, its uninformed, unnecessary  and offensive but I'm unclear if its racist. I also think its typical Trump strategy to create a distraction so the Democrats and his base can focus on that so other major events get less attention...like Mueller testifying tomorrow 

Another reason Im unclear about whether its racist is because of the general playing of the race card I see nowadays as an immediate response to certain comments so unless its blatant or usage of derogatory words I prefer to wait and see the outcomes. CNN is calling it as definitely racist but they dont always get everything 100 % right in the sense sometimes there commentators all have the same opinion of a particular topic, so you wont always get a balanced view. This  is normal with most  international news channel 📺

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

6 hours ago, smjjames said:

I don't know if it's the actual reason, but it may be to encourage new users to contribute. Typically the longer the thread the less likely a new user is to post on it due to feeling intimidated or not being able to 'catch up'.

(Pretty sure actual academic research has been done on it too, but all my search turned up was, randomly, a bunch of stuff on pot)

Bruce, why not both? A racist distraction.

I agree that racism and other isms being called a too freely and broadly but I don't think this is one of those cases

So interesting to see “Progressive” Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run. Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it is done. These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough. I’m sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!

He's not outright calling them names but he is saying they're not from here (3 were born here and 1 came as a child) and insinuating that they aren't "real" Americans (they're all Americans) because of that first point and therefore have no right to try to dictate US policy/law (that's pretty much what they were elected to do). 

• Like 3

Free games updated 3/4/21

Big brouhaha in the House today Pelosi vs Steny Hoyer: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-floor-fight-pelosi-collins-condemn-trump-tweets

We have live footage:

Thomas Sowell

Call* me when it actually breaks out into a brouhaha of fisticuffs....

*Not literally, obviously.

Ursula Von der Leyen officially becomes the head of the EU. At least I think the position is supposed to be the head of the EU? Also, she's replacing Donald Tusk I think, right? Not sure if Donald Tusk was actually in the same postion or not, but he was definetly the face of EU parliamentary leadership.

Also, I thought Trump would totally be for an EU army given how he's all 'Others need to take up the slack!'.

Edited by smjjames

Zensurla is replacing Jean-Claude "Backpain" Juncker, not Donald Tusk. Charles Michel is going to be the next president of the European Council, and president of the European Parliament is David Sassoli.

I said my piece about her earlier, she's a terrible choice in my opinion, given her track record in the German government.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

8 hours ago, BruceVC said:

My question is do you think its racist? I

Everything and everyone is racist BruceVC. Welcome to the present 😀

Trump, Pelosi, Biden, breakfast cereal, climate, dolphins and that one bee from Paraguay.

It's a race to who will pull racesism card first. 

• Haha 1

166215__front.jpg

Pretty narrow vote for her as well- not exactly a strong mandate.

Trump wants the EU broken up or in a weak union as it is currently, with each bit contributing. A EU army is another step to a genuine rivalry with the US so far as he (and to be fair in all likelihood reality too) is concerned.

14 hours ago, smjjames said:

Call* me when it actually breaks out into a brouhaha of fisticuffs....

*Not literally, obviously.

Ursula Von der Leyen officially becomes the head of the EU. At least I think the position is supposed to be the head of the EU? Also, she's replacing Donald Tusk I think, right? Not sure if Donald Tusk was actually in the same postion or not, but he was definetly the face of EU parliamentary leadership.

Also, I thought Trump would totally be for an EU army given how he's all 'Others need to take up the slack!'.

President of European Commission is not head of EU and she isn't replacing Donald Tusk, but Jean-Claude Juncker. Donald Tusk is president of President of the European Council which also isn't head of EU but comes closest to be one.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Skarpen said:

Trump, Pelosi, Biden, breakfast cereal, climate, dolphins and that one bee from Paraguay.

It's a race to who will pull racesism card first. 

This post made me laugh, I agree. In some debates and  in some public  forums "  it becomes a race to race to see who can....play the race card "  ...now that is an example of tautology for those who have wondered when that word can be used appropriately  ;)

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

21 hours ago, Skarpen said:

That is a racist statement! :lol:

• Haha 2

Thomas Sowell

John Paul Stevens passed away. He is a man with whom I find little common ground but his mark on this country cannot be denied. 

"If this Nation is to remain true to the ideals symbolized by its flag, it must not wield the tools of tyrants even to resist an assault by the forces of tyranny"

RIP Justice Stevens.

Thomas Sowell