Any proccing item (on hit/crit/kill) which works without hitting/critting/killing with that weapon?

I think you’re asking for what RPG slang would call a “stat stick”. There are a couple in Deadfire. The easiest to get is possibly Griffin’s Blade (from a random encounter in Neketaka) and then give it the enchantment that adds +10% to spell damage.  There are others that have other effects on spell casts but they come later.

The real problem is that you will run out of abilities pretty fast and be left standing there picking your nose while the rest of the party does all the work.  You could sustain weaponlessness with chanters, or ciphers with the psion subclass, or blood mage if you had a lot of party healing they could pour into you to sustain your blood sacrifices. You could maybe make it work with a cipher beguiler, but it would be very easy for you to bottom out on focus due to misses and then you’d be stuck unless you stooped to hitting something with a stick. 

If you’re doing it or RP purposes, just use a scepter, rod, or wand, and pretend that it’s spells you’re casting with it, nothing so crude and random as a pistol....

Correct.

However: some soulbound items that require special actions to "level up" allow the player to do those special actions with spells.

Example: Blightheart wants you do cause affliction x on y enemies. But you can use spells and not Blightheart itself.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

@Wotcha: I am familiar with the concept of stat stick, however what I'm looking more is general proccing stuff. There are multiple items in the wiki which states specifically "do x with Great Sword attacks" or "hits with this weapon do y" for example, however when you use another weapon which is not that specific, it still doesn't proc unfortunately.

Another example is "give 10% action speed" buff. From here you would assume that it's a general speed-up, but unfortunately it only work with attacks using that specific weapon (not even the other weapon if you dual wield). However, stuff like Rust's does work with mainhand weapon, for example.

These inconsistencies are the reason why I ask the community if they found any item which actually functions as expected.

@Elric Galad: well, the question is more general since I'm going to build a proper nuker someday, like Evoker or Ascendant or something, so that's why I want to know the general gearing up of casters.

@Boeroer: that's good to know, thanks. Any other items you noticed?

Yeah, but that explicitly says so. I thought we were searching for some "hidden" or obscure weapon enchantment that procs from other attacks that do not originate from that weapon. 

But actually I never managed to charm anybody with a (non-charming) spell while wearing that wand. 

Another weapon enchantment that works with spells is again Blightheart which gives your damaging wizard spells a 10% corrosive lash which is rather good since it's multiplicative with the PL scaling and all additive dmg bonuses (MIG bonus and crits etc.). But of course that's not a "proc" from a weapon enchantment but a permanent, passive dmg bonus for your spells (as long as you have the weapon equipped).

Eternal Devotion and Shared Flames work with several non-weapon attacks as well (e.g. Driving Roar or Arcane Archer's Imbue-Spells like Fireball. But I don't know if they also work with normal caster spells.

Edited by Boeroer

Hey @Boeroer. I've been reading through some old threads, and I saw this quote from you (from August 2018):

"Espirs is one of the best weapons in the game for me: it's Ghost Blades proc on kill - and it doesn't matter how you kill the enemy - DoT, AoE, whatever. You don't need to kill with the Blade but can also do it with a spell - as long as you are holding the blade. That also means that the Ghost Blades will proc more Ghost Blades if they kill something."

Is this valid as of the latest patch? Unfortunately I'm going to be away from my pc for some time to test this.

Edited by srulz

I don't know if that got patched.

What still works is: if the ghost blades from the weapon kill something they will proc another ghost blades instance - and so on. Chain reaction is possible.

Same with Grave Calling (Chilling Grave): if Chillfog kills a vessel that will proc another Chillfog.

Also Hel Beckoning: if your Noxious Burst kills a spirit it will proc another Noxious Burst.

9 hours ago, Boeroer said:

I don't know if that got patched.

What still works is: if the ghost blades from the weapon kill something they will proc another ghost blades instance - and so on. Chain reaction is possible.

Same with Grave Calling (Chilling Grave): if Chillfog kills a vessel that will proc another Chillfog.

Also Hel Beckoning: if your Noxious Burst kills a spirit it will proc another Noxious Burst.

Finally tested it. As expected (?) Cruel Blades does not proc ghost blades when killing stuff with Driving Roar.

However, the upgraded Blade Feast does proc the ghost blades with Driving Roar kill! Is it a bug due to the dev overlooking the new enchantment, or a feature because the enchanted version should be better than the old version? You decide 🤭