Steam-addiction

honestly i got only like 1 or 2 wishlisted items on steam, i really don't care at all about steam these days, on other hand I got around 50 games on GoG - all of them I pirated when I was kid and I just want to pay at least something to original creator because i liked them when I was kid. I also got few games on GoG which I already own as disc or on other platform just to get that DRM free version on GoG

• Like 2

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Odd, the button claims I have five things on my wishlist, but when I click it it only shows three. And I already own those three elsewhere. Deleted them and the button now claims I have two items on the wishlist, but also "There are 0 items on your wishlist, but none of them match the filters you have applied above." Good job, Steam.

Probably games that were pulled from Steam or something. The most recent thing I could see was added in 2015.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I didn't use the Wishlist at all for 9 years or something, but recently (past 6 months or so) I've been using it as a list of "I'll check on it later to see if I'm still interested" list. It's not a list of games I actually super-duper really want to buy  It's just a reminder list of games I might be interested in, one day (especially if they're Early Access). Because otherwise I'll forget all about titles entirely. There might be around 6 in there at the moment and I purge them regularly - since most of the time when I revisit the Wishlist and go look at the game again, I realize I'm not even maybe-interested.

I find it easier than creating a browser bookmark folder just for that purpose.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

15 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

I didn't use the Wishlist at all for 9 years or something, but recently (past 6 months or so) I've been using it as a list of "I'll check on it later to see if I'm still interested" list. It's not a list of games I actually super-duper really want to buy  It's just a reminder list of games I might be interested in, one day (especially if they're Early Access). Because otherwise I'll forget all about titles entirely. There might be around 6 in there at the moment and I purge them regularly - since most of the time when I revisit the Wishlist and go look at the game again, I realize I'm not even maybe-interested.

I find it easier than creating a browser bookmark folder just for that purpose.

Yup, that's what I used to do until people started gifting me stuff from said wishlist...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, marelooke said:

Yup, that's what I used to do until people started gifting me stuff from said wishlist...

I have the settings so no one can see my wishlist. They've added a lot of profile options and I think not even the 3 'friends' (that I no longer even talk to) I have can see it, altho I'm not 100% sure of my memory on that one aspect.

Edit: checked - yeah, I don't have my purchased games list viewable so the Wishlist isn't visible. Used to be profile was either visible or you were a level0 non-profile. Now you can have your personal profile description, screenshots, badges and "steam level" visible but nothing else.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

17 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

I have the settings so no one can see my wishlist. They've added a lot of profile options and I think not even the 3 'friends' (that I no longer even talk to) I have can see it, altho I'm not 100% sure of my memory on that one aspect.

Edit: checked - yeah, I don't have my purchased games list viewable so the Wishlist isn't visible. Used to be profile was either visible or you were a level0 non-profile. Now you can have your personal profile description, screenshots, badges and "steam level" visible but nothing else.

Hmm, I couldn't find a separate setting for the wishlist. As far as I understand the only way to hide it is to make your entire profile private, which isn't what I want...

If it is possible then, errr, how? (already had to search to find out where the privacy settings were, seeing as they're in such an intuitive place...not)

10 hours ago, marelooke said:

I couldn't find a separate setting for the wishlist.

It's not a specific wishlist setting. It's bundled into the Game Details list setting.  You can pick Public, Friends Only, and Private.  If your games-owned/played list is not visible, the links at the bottom, which includes the Wishlist link and Recently Played links etc, is not visible/there so no one can visit it. I was one of those "level 0" profiles forever until these changes. Now at least people can see how  long I've been on Steam and any profile header message I type in. 😛  (edit - this is US Steam, I have no clue if it's the same around the world)

sprofile1.jpg

So instead of seeing something like this: (not my profile, hence the blurring out)

sprofile2.jpg

People see something like this: (edit - annoyingly, the Inventory link is still there but if you click on it it takes you to a "sorry this page is private" message page so making that private does work)

sprofile3.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Thanks 1

On 7/26/2019 at 1:09 AM, LadyCrimson said:

It's not a specific wishlist setting. It's bundled into the Game Details list setting.  You can pick Public, Friends Only, and Private.  If your games-owned/played list is not visible, the links at the bottom, which includes the Wishlist link and Recently Played links etc, is not visible/there so no one can visit it. I was one of those "level 0" profiles forever until these changes. Now at least people can see how  long I've been on Steam and any profile header message I type in. 😛  (edit - this is US Steam, I have no clue if it's the same around the world)

sprofile1.jpg

So instead of seeing something like this: (not my profile, hence the blurring out)

sprofile2.jpg

People see something like this: (edit - annoyingly, the Inventory link is still there but if you click on it it takes you to a "sorry this page is private" message page so making that private does work)

sprofile3.jpg

Ok, so unfortunately as I feared, no more fine grained control :(

Thanks for the effort of explaining though!