Sign in to follow this  
Seriphos

What would a Paladin Order devoted to Berath would look like?

Had me thinking, if there existed a Berathic Paladin Order, which bonuses and special abilities would it have? Which dispositions would it favor? What would its flavor be? What would it be named?

The Pallid Knights? Too obvious? I'm guessing they would be devoted to seek out those that try to escape the cycle and return them to it. Some kind of ability against undead probably. Dispositions: Stoic and rational.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I like The Gatekeepers, personally. Or The Pallid Hand. And to add to that, it would to be devoted to returning to the Beyond the souls that are stuck in the In-Between. I was thinking Rational and Diplomatic (or Honest) for dispositions considering the Goldpack Knights are already Rational and Stoic.

Edited by Seriphos

Posted (edited)

I don't know if being a Paladin (which means being zealous about something) and being zealous about Berath (being a rational an stoic entity) does work at all. 

Like "I'm being zealously stoic" or something. ;)

On the other hand we have Goldpact Knights... So why not?

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

According to the game’s data, Yseyr the Berathian is a paladin, so it certainly seems possible that there could be an order of Berathian paladins. If you want a chance at a detailed semiofficial answer, go ask Josh Sawyer on his Tumblr, as it is possible he will share something if something like this came up during his Pillars TTRPG testing games.

looks like paladin and monk can choose devote to a deity

like those ondrite in white march