What would a Paladin Order devoted to Berath would look like?

The Pallid Knights? Too obvious? I'm guessing they would be devoted to seek out those that try to escape the cycle and return them to it. Some kind of ability against undead probably. Dispositions: Stoic and rational.

• Like 1

I like The Gatekeepers, personally. Or The Pallid Hand. And to add to that, it would to be devoted to returning to the Beyond the souls that are stuck in the In-Between. I was thinking Rational and Diplomatic (or Honest) for dispositions considering the Goldpack Knights are already Rational and Stoic.

Edited by Seriphos

I don't know if being a Paladin (which means being zealous about something) and being zealous about Berath (being a rational an stoic entity) does work at all. 

Like "I'm being zealously stoic" or something. ;)

On the other hand we have Goldpact Knights... So why not?

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

According to the game’s data, Yseyr the Berathian is a paladin, so it certainly seems possible that there could be an order of Berathian paladins. If you want a chance at a detailed semiofficial answer, go ask Josh Sawyer on his Tumblr, as it is possible he will share something if something like this came up during his Pillars TTRPG testing games.

• 3 weeks later...

@Boeroer you can be zealously stoic.  It’s about willpower to a cause, you don’t have to be aggressive about it, just committed to a way of life or cause.

there are Berathian Paladins in POE 1 at Raedric’s Keep.  No specifics on their order of course.

• Like 1

Have gun will travel.

I guess they could receive Sworn Ennemy as a starting ability, since Berath is often about hunting down the ones that cheat death.

Maybe with an on-kill effect for this reason (but there is already a On-Kill refund upgrade for Sworn Ennemy so maybe not).

Or maybe with a Healing Receive debuff (such as -50% Healing received) independant from CON affliction to emphasize the part about making sure no one lenghten one's own life by unatural means. But this would look like a bit like Bleack Walkers' Sickening FoD.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ophiuchus said:

A Paladin of Berath could be Pillars' spiritual successor to D&D's Undead Hunter: their FoD could add Veil Piercing or bonuses versus vessels and/or spirits.

I like it.

Have gun will travel.

On 7/30/2019 at 3:59 PM, Ophiuchus said:

A Paladin of Berath could be Pillars' spiritual successor to D&D's Undead Hunter: their FoD could add Veil Piercing or bonuses versus vessels and/or spirits.

But Berath is  ok with undead, I think it'd be more fitting for them to get a bonus to Sworn Enemy that reduces healing or something.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

5 minutes ago, KaineParker said:

But Berath is  ok with undead, I think it'd be more fitting for them to get a bonus to Sworn Enemy that reduces healing or something.

Are you sure? I always thought they granted undeath under specific conditions (Raedric, Yser) but looked down on it otherwise. Or maybe they're just against kith meddling with necromancy and animancy. Must investigate further.

Just now, Ophiuchus said:

Are you sure? I always thought they granted undeath under specific conditions (Raedric, Yser) but looked down on it otherwise. Or maybe they're just against kith meddling with necromancy and animancy. Must investigate further.

Well Raedric did have a cadre of undead with him and the lore entry for Lich mentions a Priestess of Berath, so I assume he doesn't have anything against undead. Checking the wiki it mentions sending The Pallid Knight demands an impossible toll from travelers who have tarried too long on her lord's road, but this doesn't necessarily mean undead.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands