So, after fighting the Oracle twice today (because there was no save between the end of the fight and the dialogue and I exited the conversation instead of killing it the first time), I discovered that Seeds of Deception quest had quietly obivated itself from my quest log (I hadn't apparently found the second part in the upper bowels) - I didn't even get a quest failed notification and it wouldn't let me pick up the third one. (Given I'd had over a week, between illness and holiday and taking the second crack at the oracle (the first was a disaster...) I had to check a prior save to confirm that yes, I DID remember starting the quest). So, that meant aving to back to the bowels and another twenty minutes stealthing round shooting the static objects before I started and oracle fight again.

So, having FINALLY gotten through the oracle for the third time today (by this point, the most successful...), I got all three godseeds and I can give them the Llangrath or keep them... but I don't seem to be able to use them to enchant to mythic (as the wiki suggested) - there's just no option.

Which, after going back specifically to do that so I could is... a mite frustrating, as you might imagine, at this point.

Is there some trick to this, i.e. you can only craft to mythic with something that comes later on? Or can you only craft with them if you do Seeds with Tayn as the quest-giver? (If so, I guess I'll give them to Llengrath in exchange for that kind naff item...)

When playing around with the debug menu (the itemdebug command gives you every item in the game - very handy for testing things), I've seen that each fragment is a new branching option for a mythic upgrade in the enchanting menu. I assume they can be used this way as soon as you get them. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/30/2019 at 11:44 PM, Aotrs Commander said:

So, after fighting the Oracle twice today (because there was no save between the end of the fight and the dialogue and I exited the conversation instead of killing it the first time), I discovered that Seeds of Deception quest had quietly obivated itself from my quest log (I hadn't apparently found the second part in the upper bowels) - I didn't even get a quest failed notification and it wouldn't let me pick up the third one. (Given I'd had over a week, between illness and holiday and taking the second crack at the oracle (the first was a disaster...) I had to check a prior save to confirm that yes, I DID remember starting the quest). So, that meant aving to back to the bowels and another twenty minutes stealthing round shooting the static objects before I started and oracle fight again.

So, having FINALLY gotten through the oracle for the third time today (by this point, the most successful...), I got all three godseeds and I can give them the Llangrath or keep them... but I don't seem to be able to use them to enchant to mythic (as the wiki suggested) - there's just no option.

Which, after going back specifically to do that so I could is... a mite frustrating, as you might imagine, at this point.

Is there some trick to this, i.e. you can only craft to mythic with something that comes later on? Or can you only craft with them if you do Seeds with Tayn as the quest-giver? (If so, I guess I'll give them to Llengrath in exchange for that kind naff item...)

I've just reached this part, and remembered this thread. Basically you have to choose to keep them when you finished the quest, and you'll get the Godseed as an ingredient.

I've done it with Llengrath and be able to enchant an item to Mythic just fine. Remember, you have to enchant an item to Legendary first, before you can enchant to Mythic (for free).

So including the BB, you'll be able to enchant 2 of your items to Mythic without fighting any of the megabosses,

CC: @Wormerine, @Ivanfyodorovich

Edited by srulz

8 hours ago, srulz said:

I've just reached this part, and remembered this thread. Basically you have to choose to keep them when you finished the quest, and you'll get the Godseed as an ingredient.

I've done it with Llengrath and be able to enchant an item to Mythic just fine. Remember, you have to enchant an item to Legendary first, before you can enchant to Mythic (for free).

So including the BB, you'll be able to enchant 2 of your items to Mythic without fighting any of the megabosses,

CC: @Wormerine, @Ivanfyodorovich

Right.

Then I either am being very stupid or have some sort of problem, because it did not let me do that. I have plenty of legendary items. I choose to keep the items (which made Llengrath miffed - I felt rather guilty about that actually, the first time) and the godseeds remained quest items in my inverntory and there was no option to craft to mythic in the enchanting menu.

So, let me, for the sake of arguement, walk through this (and then, if I'm not doing something stupid, I have something to take to the bug report thread.)

Fortunately, being a clever sort of Lich, I have the appropriate save.

(Of course, I gave up, gave the seeds to Llengrath, seeing as no-one had any answers and I carried on from this for several hours into Beast of Winter before making the mistake of buying Stardew Valley as it was on sale and thinking it would be a nice little time killer and not that it was so damned addictive and thus halting my playthrough...!)

So, pre-quest completion:

79A1C6C1BD5E5BB4DA9BD7CB434013154BC4ADEB

Godseed in quest items.

923DBACA8A2A8B576BAB3A2D08A3AB32FBAC6D5C

Talk to Llengrath:

8C414F75992DCA3E5018597D7A7D023CE005C56E

Picking the quickest "no tou can't have it" option for expediency (when I did it proper-like, I went through all the dialogue).

31A4F317B7230C301E91FE178C2C499580D889A2

Upset poor Llengrath...

5B819AB5E5BD4FD5D1993C8184814416ECFA16BF

C1380CF5F2094205B1748F17D2F5BFC06ADA7D53

0531A25CF79165324A3729851C46890627FCB380

No option to enchant...

75CC30B974289F6EDD99118A4768DB8189DD24F8
... Still in the quest items.

The only thing I can think of that I might be doing wrong is if you can somehow give her the items and take them back off her, but from what I recall, if you give them to her, she just goes "ace! Ta very much!" and quest completed.

On the plus-ish side, my terribly Lawful Good-ish watcher doesn't feel guilty about upsetting her by not giving them to her. For some reason, no idea why, her reaction felt like kicking a puppy and I don't even know why! (I mean, most of the time I have no particular puppy-kicking objections, not being A Pet person...!)

Edited by Aotrs Commander
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Aotrs Commander said:

OK, I've managed to reproduce your problem, and I've managed to find a workaround.

What you need to do is, as soon as you've finished the Oracle fight, and go back to Temple of Revelation:

1. Tayn & Llengrath will immediately talk to you.

2. Just go through the conversation as normal, until Llengrath asks you "What do you plan to do next?".

3. The very 1st option now should be "I found the arcane device etc", choose that.

4. Then proceed with the keeping.

5. Now all the parts should be combined properly, and you'll get your Mythic ingredient.

You must follow above steps exactly. If you speak to Llengrath later as shown in your picture above, the "combining" trigger seems to be bugged out and didn't happen.

• Thanks 1

Aha.  Not sure if I've got a save between that and the oracle fight to try for myself (I ended up doing that fight, like three or four times in a row because of the lack of save point between the end of the fight and the conversation...), but if not I'll definitely remember it for next time. I'll have a look later at a conveniant point.

Worth reporting, do you think? (Definitely might be if I do have a save from the right point.) Else maybe one for the community patch, if that sort of thing can be done?

8 hours ago, Aotrs Commander said:

Worth reporting, do you think? (Definitely might be if I do have a save from the right point.) Else maybe one for the community patch, if that sort of thing can be done?

Sure, just report it. Dunno about the community patch, there seems to be some limitation with what the mod is capable of doing.

On 7/22/2019 at 1:03 AM, srulz said:

Sure, just report it. Dunno about the community patch, there seems to be some limitation with what the mod is capable of doing.

I have reported it via email, as it said in the legacy issues to do, for what it's worth.

It might be worth, if anyone has access, to add a pertinent note to the wiki, as this may not be fixed officially at this point.

(If not, then at least this thread might provide an answer to anyone googling for the solution, at least!)

• 8 months later...
On 7/23/2019 at 10:26 PM, Aotrs Commander said:

I have reported it via email, as it said in the legacy issues to do, for what it's worth.

It might be worth, if anyone has access, to add a pertinent note to the wiki, as this may not be fixed officially at this point.

(If not, then at least this thread might provide an answer to anyone googling for the solution, at least!)

I don't know if you have reported it, but it is still not fixed, i just finished the mission for the second time (first time i gave it ot Llengrath), and now i refused and can't use it to enchant. Finally I done as @srulz advised and it worked, the seeds combined.

By the way you Llengrath is not the same than yours, yours look like an Orlan, mine look like an Human nature godlike.

Edited by fced

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

wow i literally never noticed this before! i've been missing out an enchanting ingredient for god knows how long.

15 minutes ago, fced said:

By the way you Llengrath is not the same than yours, yours look like an Orlan, mine look like an Human nature godlike.

that's because you must be using a poe1 history in which you did not kill llengrath. (she/he/it was a human in poe1. if you kill her she comes back in deadfire as an orlan)

1 hour ago, thelee said:

wow i literally never noticed this before! i've been missing out an enchanting ingredient for god knows how long.

that's because you must be using a poe1 history in which you did not kill llengrath. (she/he/it was a human in poe1. if you kill her she comes back in deadfire as an orlan)

May be there is other epic upgrade materials except the seed and those from mega bosses :)

If you killed Llengrath in POE1, you killed her dragons pet too, but did she came with them aboard your ship to give you the mission ?

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

51 minutes ago, fced said:

If you killed Llengrath in POE1, you killed her dragons pet too, but did she came with them aboard your ship to give you the mission ?

i do not recall her coming aboard with dragons in the runs where i used that history, so no. in fact, i think the only indication you get that something happens is a mysterious earthquake/wave from the direction of the black isles.

• Hmmm 1

32 minutes ago, thelee said:

i do not recall her coming aboard with dragons in the runs where i used that history, so no. in fact, i think the only indication you get that something happens is a mysterious earthquake/wave from the direction of the black isles.

Orlan Llengrath didn't not show up for my last playthrough either. Though I'm certain she did a previous playthrough, which is weird.

Anyhow, I think she is at least SUPPOSED to show up with dragons, orlan or not:

g63v1d8.pngai9EbpV.png

On 3/31/2020 at 9:11 PM, Noqn said:

Orlan Llengrath didn't not show up for my last playthrough either. Though I'm certain she did a previous playthrough, which is weird.

Anyhow, I think she is at least SUPPOSED to show up with dragons, orlan or not:

g63v1d8.pngai9EbpV.png

I remember of the earthquake at a point of the game, and later (it was the same in my two game) i was going from Neketaka to Dunnage, and the two time she come to us in the middle of the ocean... (trace a line between Neketaka and Dunnage - she trigger the scripted event at the middle of the line). I remember precisely because just before i done the vampire island (the one with Copperhead), and notified a lot of tentacles on Wael island while i was on the "road/sea", so i done a quick turn on the island to grab the materials before returning to Neketaka and then Dunnage...

On 3/31/2020 at 4:50 PM, thelee said:

in fact, by keeping the godseed, you can enchant freely 3 weapons (2 to legendary, one to mythic)...