Hi.

I'd really like to buy TOW for PC, but I prefer a boxed version instead of a digital one. Are there plans for a physical PC release? And when can I pre order this version?

Thanks in advance 😉

76561198028375025.png

No physical release is to be expected for TOW on PC.  Epic, Microsoft, and (eventually) Steam only.

The Outer Worlds Coming To Physical Media, Sets Price

In addition to its availability on digital platforms, The Outer Worlds will also be available on disc at physical retail on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. [Editor's Note: Private Division followed up after our publication of this article to correct their earlier statement, clarifying that The Outer Worlds will indeed come to physical retail on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, but will be digital-only on PC.] Regardless of format, Private Division has shared with us that the game will retail for $60.

It's pretty bad that nothing comes out on PC ... not even a "fake collector" with 3 useless crap in to spin fans like me ... I do not understand.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ A ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

• 3 months later...

Was planning to buy a PC version after reading a couple of reviews and knowing Obsidian. Bot not gonna do it now. I always liked to keep physical versions of the games i like.
I also hate playing 1st person shooters on consoles. So a no go this time..... Maybe they will reconsider  later.

23 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

Why do you people hate the environment? 

Maybe they fooled Mother Nature once?

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

52 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

Oh, so you can't be a gamer unless you have a bunch of fancy plastic and cardboard boxes? Elitist.

Oh, so if you buy physical copies of games you have to hate the environment? Ecoterrorist.

• Thanks 1

For one thing I don't think people go around throwing game disks on the ground. Also most companies reuse disks. Cardboard boxes... don't really see a lot of games in cardboard boxes now a days. The real reason why pc games have become download only has less to do with being green and more to do with the fact that you don't trade in pc games. Why waste time and production burning disks when you can just put it on some servers for downloading. That's the logic behind them not making physical copies. I myself would rather have a physical copy too. If your that worried about the environment then maybe you should stop using computers, consoles, using electricity, and wearing most of your clothes.  After all the electricity your using right now is produced from either burning coaling or using water turbines. If anyone were truly that worried about the environment they would be living like mountain men.