King's Coffin - What's up with, "The Demon"

What is her story?  I have played through about 5 times and each time I am in The King's Coffin I see her and it raises a flag... the authors deliberately manage her movement, as well as her responses, although it's, "Bug Off, Creep" or something like that.  If anyone has a name, especially if they are around every time you are in a specific area, more than a few are significant in a way that is not readily apparent, usually an action(s) trigger them into action/interaction.  I appreciate many of very sneaky challenging hidden situations I have discovered in POE II, almost like the developers were taunting us...  to go deeper...  think harder, observe better...

Any thoughts?

Finally, someone answered this... with a question.  This is what I am curious about.  I am wondering what triggers her into more interaction, if any?  the devs were silent (so far) on this one...

Again, this may be just "fluff" added into the King's Coffin to make it more interesting, but I have seen this too many times to just ignore her... Something may trigger her into action, more than her reply of, "Buzz off creep", or, "I'm starving!". What if any?  POE II has many very well hidden items, maybe she is one of them...

The Demon.jpg

Edited by LotharVI

You have the same in the Celestial Sapling or the Charred Barrel (or was it Goose and Fox?) in PoE1. Some NPCs with unique names that just say something on click - but won't interact further. Usually it's leftover NPCs from cut sidequests.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

She is easy to miss, she travels from the upstairs "entertainment" area down and up the stairs to the balcony where she stands leaning on the rail for about 30 seconds... and repeats the loop...

Edited by LotharVI

Okay, thanks for the replies... she's just a "stub", a placeholder most likely, most likely was planned for something but was cut off.  King's Coffin is essentially useless... other than rescuing a sick guy, Maneha is drinking in there but she stays put and has a go-nowhere hello...,  thought there might be "more" to the story.  The developers are too quiet on this one... Why go to the trouble to name her The Demon? how about, "half-sauced customer?"  Probably ran out of dev hours ($$) and time...

Thanks, I'll forget her...

The Demon is the hired guard for the tavern, perhaps to make sneaking around more difficult?  Also, if you get caught stealing or start a fight you probably end up fighting her.  She is probably fight filler if you are on a mission to clear out Dunnage with a vengeance maybe?  I have never attacked the owner but I am sure she is game to fight if you do.

“How do you 'accidentally' kill a nobleman in his own mansion?"

"With a knife in the chest. Or, rather, a pair of knives in the chest...”

The Final Empire, Mistborn Trilogy

I spotted this topic and decided to poke around our old documentation. It looks as if The Demon was among the requests made for the "Create an Inn" backer tier on the Fig campaign. To my knowledge, no quest was ever associated to them. Just think of them as an infamous bouncer there for atmosphere. 

• Thanks 3