Best one handed weapon recommendation for Fanatic

Hi everyone,

I havent seen many posts with this topic, except the Ansalons Tier list (which doesnt seems to be that great honestly), so I am curious what would be the best one handed weapons for my character. I am following this build, so Berserker + Bleakwalker and I am currently running Magrans Favor (seems like obvious choice), but I am kinda split on the second weapon. I am using Grave calling atm, but are there some better options? I was thinking about Last Word, but honestly I am not sure if its worth it since the damage bonus is only for engaged enemies (and I always try to take aggro with Pallegina - my main tank), so not sure if it would work. What would u guys recommend? thanks everyone

Sun and Moon is the typical choice for FoD spammers looking to boost Fire-keyworded power level, no?  Just take a nap when the sun goes down.

(Per your link, IIRC, Last Word's on-crit effect had its duration substantially nerfed at one point; possibly since that was posted.)

• Like 1

For Flames of Devotion Magran's Favor + Sun and Moon (offhand) is one of the best setups. Not only because of the +4 Fire Power Level which means +20% base (multiplicative) dmg. But also because FoD is a Full Attack that omits the main hand's recovery. So you can use Bleeding Cuts with the axe without suffering the recovery malus of Bleeding Cuts and use the fast recovery of the flail. That leads to a substantial damage increase (Bleeding Cuts stacks with itself). Also you will have three chances for applying sickened instead of two (since Sun and Moon hits twice). Combine with Ring of Focused Flame and Scion of Flame for +10 ACC (on top of the +10 FoD already gets) and +1 PEN. 

Can't say if this is the best combo (that depends on so many things like build, party and enemy) but it surely is a good one. 

Maybe that axe + flail is not everybody's favorite aesthetic option though. ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

2 hours ago, DozingDragon said:

If you decide to try out Boeroer's advice, then you should also consider using Otto Starcat as your pet, as he adds an additional +1 Fire Power Level that stacks with the ones listed above.   

I mean it would be a nice boost for sure, but only for this one character. I dont think it would be worth to give up Cutthroat Gizmo for this, since it provides recovery bonus for entire party.

Cutthroat Cosmo only provides reduced recovery penalty from armor - for the main player. And +5% additive gun damage for the party.

Otto Starcat provides +1 Fire Power Level for the main player and +5% AoE damage for the party.

The reduced recovery penalty from Cosmo is pretty strong though. If the gun damage is of any use: no idea.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

9 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Cutthroat Cosmo only provides reduced recovery penalty from armor - for the main player. And +5% additive gun damage for the party.

Otto Starcat provides +1 Fire Power Level for the main player and +5% AoE damage for the party.

The reduced recovery penalty from Cosmo is pretty strong though. If the gun damage is of any use: no idea.

Oh, I must have misunderstood it then. I have dual blunderbuss cipher in the party, but no1 else is using guns. Seems like the Starcat could be even better. If I gonna assume the increase damage from FoD might more or less offset the loss of recovery bonus, the increased AoE damage will benefit basically the entire party as opposed to increased damage for guns just for the cipher...or are there any other pets worth considering?

49 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Oh plenty. :) Cutthroat Cosmo is pretty good though m

Have a look: 

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Pillars_of_Eternity_II:_Deadfire_pets

Hmm...looks like Nalvi or Peter could be good choice as well. Nalvi provides -0.08 recovery for all party members, which seems rly good as well...idk, pretty hard to decide. What would you recommend? My party is: Dual wielding Fanatic (my main), Full tank/healer bot/summoner Pallegina, dual blunderbuss cipher (ascendant/streetfighter with powdered burns), DPS/CC Tekehu and Aloth.

thanks again man

Edited by Aerinqq