2 hours ago, rone said:

Pretty sure this Dune reference is Josh Sawyer's fault...

needle.jpg

you could be right, but we wouldn't bet on it. after all, aloth were written by carrie patel.  as a writer o' fantasy, what is chances ms. patel ain't a fan of dune?

dune approval is a near universal for sci fi/fantasy nerds. we do know folks who ain't fans o' tolkien's lotr, but is a bit more difficult to find a genre fan who do not like the first dune book. such people exist, but...

HA! Good Fun!

ps if the valians in deadfire had employed a document forger by name o' simone simonini (or similar) as part o' a quest, then we wouldn't hesitate at pointing to josh as the root cause.

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I am all about Heretics of Dune, Dune: Chapterhouse, Children of Dune, Dune, God Emperor of Dune and Dune Messiah in that order lol.

Edit:

And then there is - https://ew.com/movies/2019/02/04/dune-movie-everything-we-know/

Edited by bringingyouthefuture
sp
  • Like 1

“How do you 'accidentally' kill a nobleman in his own mansion?"

"With a knife in the chest. Or, rather, a pair of knives in the chest...”

The Final Empire, Mistborn Trilogy

• 3 months later...
On 6/24/2019 at 2:12 PM, Gromnir said:

you could be right, but we wouldn't bet on it. after all, aloth were written by carrie patel.  as a writer o' fantasy, what is chances ms. patel ain't a fan of dune

Turns out it was Kate Dollarhyde!