If you take a Beguiler you don't need to use a weapon. His focus "refund" with Deception spells is so high that you can generate lots of focus while casting CC spells and also use enough damaging spells in between. 

You can use a bow of course for the times when there are only few enemies left (=less focus refund via Deception spells).

A Beguiler can even multiclass with a caster like Wizard (Miasma is a great spell to cast before using Deception spells and anything that targets Will). Since Beguilers don't depends on weapon damage that much this is a valid option. Psion also works with this combo.

Stats look fine. 

Edit: oh my I was in the PoE1 forum. Sorry - forget what I was saying - until you play Deadfire. ;)

For PoE stats also look fine. War bow or hunting bow are both viable for generating focus. You might run into problems when facing very high DR targets. Maybe bring a firearm for those, even if your ACC will suffer. Do not use Penetrating Shot. Switch weapons instead. 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

On 6/25/2019 at 1:42 PM, Boeroer said:

If you take a Beguiler you don't need to use a weapon. His focus "refund" with Deception spells is so high that you can generate lots of focus while casting CC spells and also use enough damaging spells in between. 

You can use a bow of course for the times when there are only few enemies left (=less focus refund via Deception spells).

A Beguiler can even multiclass with a caster like Wizard (Miasma is a great spell to cast before using Deception spells and anything that targets Will). Since Beguilers don't depends on weapon damage that much this is a valid option. Psion also works with this combo.

Stats look fine. 

Edit: oh my I was in the PoE1 forum. Sorry - forget what I was saying - until you play Deadfire. ;)

For PoE stats also look fine. War bow or hunting bow are both viable for generating focus. You might run into problems when facing very high DR targets. Maybe bring a firearm for those, even if your ACC will suffer. Do not use Penetrating Shot. Switch weapons instead. 

Thanks for Your answear ;)