Eh? It has. Dex and Action Speed bonuses will reduce action time. But nothing else.

You asked "What other" and I said "nothing". :)

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

1 hour ago, srulz said:

2. Also, is this 2.5 sec recovery speed influenced by all the normal recovery/action speed bonuses?

This statement:

"2. Wow RIP. I thought at least Dexterity would have some effect."

is referring to above quote.

Jesus no. Weapon Switch time is always 2.5 - no reduction. 

Except with Quick Switch or Black Jacket.

I thought you meant DEX wouldn't speed up attack animation. Sorry for the confusion.

15 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Jesus no. Weapon Switch time is always 2.5 - no reduction. 

Except with Quick Switch or Black Jacket.

I thought you meant DEX wouldn't speed up attack animation. Sorry for the confusion.

No problem, you are helping a lot actually.

BTW shields have no action speed or recovery penalty at all right? The wiki states "shield will slow attack rate", so I'm a little bit confused:

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Shields

Yeah that's nonsense.

Shields don't make you slower. They don't give you any speed or recovery malus.

They can give you an accuracy malus (medium and large ones). And that's it.

Some shields even count as offhand weapons. If you equip one of those you will be dual wielding and using a shield at the same time. And that makes you faster. You can even pick Two Weapon Style then and Weapon and Shield Style - they will both apply. 

Those shields are rel. rare though. I think we have three in the game: Tuotilo's Palm, Magran's Blessing and the one from the SSS DLC. The spikey one I forgot the name of...

• Like 1

But "bashing shields" makes dps lower. They have poor pen, base dmg and use base acc. They don't scale with quality upgrades, exept tuotilo's which gets slightly better as Transcendent Suffering progress with PL. Maybe it's worth to consider some changes in community patch, because they are usually useless, in later game stages.

Magran's Blessing

• Damage: 11-15 Crush Burn
  • Penetration: 7
  • Chance to Hit: Accuracy vs. Deflection
  • Attack Time: 0.7 sec
  • Recovery Time: 4.0 sec

Tuotillo's Palm

• Damage: 8-10 Crush
  • Penetration: 7
  • Attack Time: 0.5 sec
  • Recovery Time: 3.0 sec

Note that this shield gains bonus damage, pen, and accuracy from Transcendent Suffering just like unarmed attacks do.

The third shield is The Best Defense

• Damage: 7-10 Pierce Crush
  • Penetration: 8
  • Chance to hit: Accuracy vs. Deflection
  • Attack time: 0.7 sec
  • Recovery time: 4.0

Depends. They are not lowering your dps if you use a one handed ranged weapon.

You will still get higher deflection and reflex and the dual wieldung speed advantage but only attack with the ranged weapon.

And Tuotilos's Palm ist strictly better than any "normal" shield if you are a monk.

The rest: mostly it's the enchantmens that make the bash attack worthwhile. For example Magran's Blessing you may interruot with it. And The Best Defense can "scale" its bash's PEN and dmg with enchantents.

But I agree that they should scale their offensive stats with quality as well. I think that was simply forgotten during development. Or it was too difficult to do.

Edited by Boeroer

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

Depends. They are not lowering your dps if you use a one handed ranged weapon.

You will still get higher deflection and reflex and the dual wieldung speed advantage but only attack with the ranged weapon.

And Tuotilos's Palm ist strictly better than any "normal" shield if you are a monk.

The rest: mostly it's the enchantmens that make the bash attack worthwhile. For example Magran's Blessing you may interruot with it. And The Best Defense can "scale" its bash's PEN and dmg with enchantents.

But I agree that they should scale their offensive stats with quality as well. I think that was simply forgotten during development. Or it was too difficult to do.

I thought, there's no point in using bashing shield if you're not intend to bash, but you are right. Dual wielding speed with better defence is an adventage. Also The Best Defense upgrade that sickens of terryfies works on every weapon kills (even ranged), but not with spells/scrolls/carnage/dot kills. I tested it right now. Magran's Favour purrifying upgrade may be useful in some cases. But still, attacking with these is rather weak move.

So I'm working on a Helwalker/Streetfighter for the Scordeo combo above, and while the AI script has been perfected, the permanent 2.5s Weapon Switch time is killing me. Sure it is (barely) acceptable at the beginning of battle, but when your Distracted debuff runs out and you have to switch back-to-back, it felt so, so bad.

Now I'm looking for a way to damage myself other than Void Wheel (2h of course), Hylea's Talons (bleeding not reliable), Mortifications (long recovery) and Destructive Channeling (limit other weapon to scepter only, though thjs may be the ultimate last resort). I also would like to avoid using consummables for Flanked if possible, and not dependent on allies as well.

So thoughts anyone? Or I may have to go back to the drawing board and just use a Helwalker/Berserker.

14 minutes ago, srulz said:

So I'm working on a Helwalker/Streetfighter for the Scordeo combo above, and while the AI script has been perfected, the permanent 2.5s Weapon Switch time is killing me. Sure it is (barely) acceptable at the beginning of battle, but when your Distracted debuff runs out and you have to switch back-to-back, it felt so, so bad.

Now I'm looking for a way to damage myself other than Void Wheel (2h of course), Hylea's Talons (bleeding not reliable), Mortifications (long recovery) and Destructive Channeling (limit other weapon to scepter only, though thjs may be the ultimate last resort). I also would like to avoid using consummables for Flanked if possible, and not dependent on allies as well.

So thoughts anyone? Or I may have to go back to the drawing board and just use a Helwalker/Berserker.

Keeper of the Flame, but that's pretty late game (SSS)

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

1 minute ago, Waski said:

Keeper of the Flame, but that's pretty late game (SSS)

That'a a good idea, but I don't think it damages yourself if you use Instruments of Pain (which I'm using as well, my bad for not making it clear), since it states "around the target". Of course the statement may not actually match the actual mechanic, so I'll test it, thanks.