Doing a full playthrough now that there don't seem to be any upcoming patches. Can anyone suggest any builds for a cipher who dual-wields guns?

In PoE1 I loved my death godlike cipher with his blunderbuss (back when they could get insane focus because each blunderbuss pellet was calculated separately). In PoE2 I had a lot of fun with a multiclass ascended cipher/streetfighter rogue who took advantage of the blunderbuss modal to make it so he was always "surrounded" even when at range. I'd be more than happy to play the game with that character again, but I haven't played since all the new subclasses were added and balance patches were done. I still definitely want one of his classes to be a gun-toting cipher (not necessarily an ascended) but I'd be happy to take a look at any other class and subclass for his other class. I took a bit of a peek at the ranger arcane archer but I hear that doesn't have much good synergy with the cipher.

Edited by MaximilianXimenez

Single class Ascendant with dual mortars (Hand Mortar + Fire in the Hole) is very decent as well. Single class Ascendant begins to take off (compared to multiclasses) once you get Time Siphon and Reaping Knives. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

9 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Single class Ascendant with dual mortars (Hand Mortar + Fire in the Hole) is very decent as well. Single class Ascendant begins to take off (compared to multiclasses) once you get Time Siphon and Reaping Knives. 

This is probably the most optimized setup for late game.

I had great fun some times ago with a Furyshaper/Beguiler with 1h pistol (modal + talent make it more optimal than dual pistol). Ton of speed buff and cc, good damage, and nice look (and mortars were used by my monk....)

If this wasn't patched out, Ascendant multiclasses are also pretty fun with Grave Calling Saber and skelly summons (so either be a Chanter or bring one along).

Summon skellies, kill them with the saber, create paralysing enemy-only chillfogs, gain focus from each aoe damage tick of the Chillfog.

A Helwalker multiclass is nice, as the might will boost damage, Int will boost aoe sizes and all durations.

One option, albeit a bit risky, is to use a Berserker multiclass to self-Confuse and make Chillfogs affect allies also - including your skelly summons. Rapidlystacks multiple Chillfogs over one area, that tend to melt enemies fast. But your allies also, if you're not careful.

Edited by Haplok