The Outer Worlds E3 2019 Trailer, Interviews, Previews, Gameplay Footage

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/2/2019 at 11:14 PM, Wormerine said:

Rock Paper Shotgun video preview:

https://youtu.be/aBqx3HUBgYM

If true, the only speech checks being Persuade/Lie/Intimidate is disappointing considering the wide range of checks in FNV and PoE. I did see a Perception check, though it didn't have a number next to it like the speech skills one did, so dunno what the distinction is there.

5 hours ago, Lamppost in Winter said:

If true, the only speech checks being Persuade/Lie/Intimidate is disappointing considering the wide range of checks in FNV and PoE. I did see a Perception check, though it didn't have a number next to it like the speech skills one did, so dunno what the distinction is there.

OW might indeed be more streamlined then OW. Whenever it is the case or it just works differently (flaws for example can apparently play in dialogue, so OW might also gain reactivity from different sourceses, even if stats are simplified.) 

On 8/4/2019 at 8:44 AM, Lamppost in Winter said:

FWIW, I've seen Medical and Engineering checks in dialogue in the footage available. It does seem like checks for other skills aren't doled out as prominently as in New Vegas, perhaps, but they're still there.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ABearIsHere said:

FWIW, I've seen Medical and Engineering checks in dialogue in the footage available. It does seem like checks for other skills aren't doled out as prominently as in New Vegas, perhaps, but they're still there.

And assuming the dialogue was made in OEI Tools (unconfirmed, I guess, but tremendously likely), it's got an option to run aggregate reports on all the skill checks in the game.  In-house tools help the writers keep the checks balanced, or at least shaped in such a way that there are no runaway favorites or useless skills.

Even after the recent news dump, we've still only seen a few slim slices of gameplay in select scenarios.