After a lengthy period of gathering players' feedback, theorycrafting and balancing, we have come with a Community Patch Mod - a community based collection of tweaks and improvements.

Community Patch consists of the following stand-alone modules:

• Basic - includes a lot of suggestions from the Deadfire Polishing Poll - a poll made by players for players, in order to pinpoint the possible balance problems and address them. Basic mod - is a conservative patch, it includes only those suggestions that have twice more votes pro than votes against change. (note: in case of suggestion with multiple options - we were aggregating them)
  • Extra - also includes the suggestions from Deadfire Polishing Poll. But only those that didn't make it into Basic package, but still have more votes pro than votes against. Additionally, Extra includes a few fixes for several bug reports that we have found on the official technical forums.
  • Keywords - address the randomness and apparent lack of systematic approach to spell keywords. This mainly affects priest, and to a lesser degree druids, ciphers and wizards.
  • Typos - fixes a wide array of typos found in the English version of the game.
  • Icons -  adds a completely unique set of icons for all passive talents and effects. They were handcrafted with being as suggestive, unique and fitting as possible, in mind.

For more info, you can check the mod page, or original thread on these forums, here.

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 13

• 3 weeks later...

New icons look great! I like the more consistent Priest keywords as well - I might have to incorporate these into my keyword mod if I have the time and energy (and only release if you're cool with it). I recall a couple of the Wizard keywords bothering me as well.

Edited by Lamppost in Winter

Hello. I applied this mod, and the icon sets seems broken to me. I turned off all the other mods and placed this mod set as the description; set icon mod to load last / at the bottom of mod list.

How could I solve this problem?

error.jpg

I solved the problem. :) I just did mistake when extracting the file. Sorry for bothering you.

Edited by Hoo

• 1 month later...

@MaxQuest, @Boeroer

I has a sad...

Had UC working on mates machine and thought the breaking was down to my machine and GOG vs Steam.

Unfortunately I've found out the fail in the "Add Abilities" section of UC is a direct result of CP-Icons specifically. I can have everything else but it either off or a mix... no change to state.

Full List and no Icons? Add Abilites works

No List and Icons? Borked even on a fresh new game save with zero edits done and no residue from prior mod use

Take Icons out and reload save? Add Abilities works again

Take Modded Save and remove Icons? Add Abilities works again.

Not sure if you'll be able to fix it as I've no idea why it's causing an issue unless there's different names in the bundle for the Icons Override?  Was more so you could stick a Warning on the CP page for users of UC that want to use Add Ability for replay runs or testing builds etc.

There are no problems when using the original addability command with the Deadfire console. Also the icons were added according the tutorial of BMac (afaik). So maybe it's a fault of Unity Console? It messes around with the game a lot more than the Community Patch. 

Just a guess though. A warning on the mod page would be fair of course. 

Did you try to fix the issue by changing the load order of mods? E.g. load CP as last mod or try UC as last mod?  

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

9 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Did you try to fix the issue by changing the load order of mods? E.g. load CP as last mod or try UC as last mod?  

Unity Console uses IPA to "cook" a new exe and libs for the game, so it doesn't appear in the mod list due to being Base/System level alterations.

The "break" in Add Ability occurs with it being not only the only active, but the only resident and loaded Mod ( I did a "dummies" level test by shifting everything else out override folder and reloading into the Prologue Cabin.

Icons either active as only mod, or active with any level of mods... Broken Add Ability.

Icons either inactive ( but present in override ) or just not installed in Overrride... Add Ability works fine.

I tried stress testing it and even "breaking" the model rigs etc with GodTint and Godlike Unlocker doesn't break the UC, and Load Order doesn't seem to matter. It's simply when you try and load Icons with Unity Console, something in one of them doesn't like the other ( I'm guessing UC is looking for the old Icon properties ) and the Add Ability borks.

You can work around it by doing a Convert and then setting either Weaponskill or Ability high for one level and removing, but the real killer is if you want to do something like add the Eder Pet Unlock etc for an RP run. As said it was more to see if it was an easy fix since UC seems "lapsed" dev wise, and if not just to let you guys know so you could add a caveat to the testers/hardcore tweakers now I'd tracked it down for my case and been able to reproduce it reliably and exclude other causes.

Personally I'm just living without the second pet and using the workaraound... the new icons are just too nice. 😄

• Thanks 1

I'm getting crashes on area change. I doubt this is the cause, but does this need a fix?

Parse read unexpected property 'DisplayName' ('G:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Pillars of Eternity II/PillarsOfEternityII_Data/override/CommunityPatchBasic\design\gamedata\cl.cipher.defensive_mindweb.gamedatabundle' ln 5 col 18).

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

Parse read unexpected property 'Description' ('G:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Pillars of Eternity II/PillarsOfEternityII_Data/override/CommunityPatchBasic\design\gamedata\cl.cipher.defensive_mindweb.gamedatabundle' ln 6 col 18).

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

If you PM Max on the Nexus he'll get an email notification and get back to you. I've been in touch with him yesterday to hand over the updated typo component.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looking over the files, the Basic mod does add some new text entries to the game. (these are known as "strings").
These are stored in the files ending in ".stringtable". Which are found in "CommunityPatchBasic"->"localized"->"en"*->"text".

There 3 files that the "Basics" mod makes additions to:

• abilities.stringtable (Contains "17" strings of text)
  • gui.stringtable (Contains "4" strings of text)
  • statuseffects.stringtable (Contains "10" strings text)

*The folder for each language is a 2 letter folder. E.g. "en" = English, "de" = Deutsch.

Actually getting a translation in game is pretty simple, and really the hard part is in translating the text.
You can look at some of the translations already in the mod for examples.

But you can setup the French localisation folder in the mod pretty simply by:

1. Opening the "CommunityPatchBasic" folder.
  2. Navigating to "localized".
  3. Copy & Paste the "en" folder to create a duplicate of that folder.
  4. Rename the duplicate "en" folder to "fr". Which is the 2 letter folder code for French text.
  5. Navigate from fr->text->game open a .stringtable file in notepad (or your code editor of choice).
  6. Translate every instance of text between <DefaultText> and </DefaultText>
  7. Save your changes. Repeat for all instances.

An example using Google translate on the "gui.stringtable" :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<StringTableFile xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <Name>game\gui</Name>
  <Entries>
    <Entry>
      <ID>2836</ID>
      <DefaultText>&lt;b&gt;Bonus&lt;/b&gt;
Gagnez des blessures grâce aux dégâts des armes de mêlée infligés. (Ne compte pas les capacités)

&lt;b&gt;Pénalité&lt;/b&gt;
Ne peut pas gagner de blessures grâce aux dégâts reçus.

Le seuil requis pour gagner des blessures est augmenté.</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>1154</ID>
      <DefaultText>quelle que soit la santé de la cible</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>2128</ID>
      <DefaultText>{0} sur une attaque réussie</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
    <Entry>
      <ID>3810</ID>
      <DefaultText>sur une attaque réussie</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>
  </Entries>
</StringTableFile>

Once you are done you could send it to MaxQuest to include in an update, or post it yourself to Nexus mods as a "Translation" .

Edited by Kvellen
Whoops posted this too early!
  • Like 1

Thanks a lot Kvellen, I will see if I can start soon, maybe tomorrow.

I'm probably going to be back for questions, as I'm a noob in moding, even for a simple translation.

Edited by SenSx
  • Like 1

I have completed the french translation of the Community Patch Mod.

I only had a problem with one sentence, I could not find its equivalent in the vanilla files.

Maybe it's new, but I did not translate it yet just in case it alwready exists, I want to keep the same wording, it's the following one:

<ID>20154</ID>
      <DefaultText>When free to focus, the cipher's mind sharpens, allowing them to tap into hidden power and generate Focus passively. However, if the cipher is being critically hit, this effect is briefly disabled.</DefaultText>

I can provide my files so that someone else just check if everyting is correct.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SenSx said:

I only had a problem with one sentence, I could not find its equivalent in the vanilla files.

Maybe it's new, but I did not translate it yet just in case it alwready exists, I want to keep the same wording, it's the following one:

<ID>20154</ID>
      <DefaultText>When free to focus, the cipher's mind sharpens, allowing them to tap into hidden power and generate Focus passively. However, if the cipher is being critically hit, this effect is briefly disabled.</DefaultText>

That is an altered description of the "Soul Mind" passive ability of the Psion subclass. Which was added in a patch, so the strings for it are located in "laxg_exported" directory instead of the normal place.

1 hour ago, Zahuaisready said:

Yes, thank you very much Kvellen for your explanations ! Clean and clear !

I'm glad! I had come from a day spent writing, rewriting and editing a cover letter. So wasn't entirely sure if I had the ability to write anything that could be read coherently!

Edited by Kvellen

SenSx, for your sentence I just checked. This is the description of the ability " Esprit et âme", which is the main caracteristic of the "psion", a cipher subclass. Basically, he 's loosing his main ability, "le  fouet d'âme" (focus gain with damage deals with weapons) but to compensate he's gaining focus passively.

So  we can probably translate that in these term  «Libéré de la nécessité de se concentrer, l'esprit du clairvoyant s'aiguise, lui permettant de puiser dans un pouvoir caché et de générer du Focus naturellement. Cependant, si le clairvoyant reçoit un Critique [ou coup critique, mais je préfère mettre la majuscule pour indiquer que c'est un mot-clé bénéficiant d'un renvoi vers l'encyclopédie et enlever "coup" pour éviter toute confusion avec Coup= Hit], cet effet est brièvement désactivé».

2 hours ago, SenSx said:

I have completed the french translation of the Community Patch Mod.

Good job ! 

2 hours ago, SenSx said:

I'm OK to verify your files but I'm not sure to be legitimate to do it ! (I'm not an expert as the creators of the the mod). I hope not to do big misunderstanding, but...let's see ! 

Thanks !

Here are the text files to check for people willing to do it.

Point of interest: 

- I tried to stay close to the vanilla french translation

- There  were many capital letters not present in the french translation (like Raw Damage in english never have the capital letters in french "dégâts bruts")

I did not use the capital letters for those, as I did not want to do something too different from the rest of the french content.

I hope I did not put to many unwanted capital letters, or forgot some others that have to be there.

There were inconstencies, as sometimes some word that usually never have capital letters have them in french for some reason.

I kept the vanilla french translation.

Those files are for the Community Patch Mod: Basic content

Thanks for anyone who can help checking.

abilities.stringtable gui.stringtable statuseffects.stringtable

Edited by SenSx
  • Thanks 1